3DS Forum

Topic: Mario Tennis Open Discussion

Showing 121 to 140 of 474

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

121. Posted:

So did I. Loved the GBA one too.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

CosmoXY

122. Posted:

I've never played a Mario Tennis before for whatever reason. But I'm getting this. Mostly because I have money and time now and it just looks like it'll be a fun way to spend some time with Mario and the gang.

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

AuthorMessage

Terave

123. Posted:

@HeroOfWaffles no, that's not it. I just didn't like the game in general. :P

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

124. Posted:

Terave wrote:

@HeroOfWaffles no, that's not it. I just didn't like the game in general. :P

Oh. I don't think you'll like this one too much either then. :p

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

skywake

125. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DeadAntelopesGo wrote:

The special games don't have much replayability in their opinion though.

Trying to claim how replayable a game this quickly is a bad idea in general that reviewers need to stop pretending they know one way or the other.

Well you can kinda tell how replayable a game is after a week or so with it. Pick up a New SMB and you'll go through the game, beat the boss and then it'll sit on your shelf. On the other hand something like Kid Icarus you'll play through but then go back and replay levels so you can get a higher ranking and unlock weapons that you can use online. Not just because that option is there but because it's still interesting.

Don't get me wrong I'm pretty hyped about Mario Tennis but I can see it being the sort of game that slowly finds it's way out of my 3DS, into my game case and then eventually onto my shelf. I doubt it'll be like Mario Kart DS, sit in my DS for months on end, always on hand and only finding it's way to the shelf after six years when Mario Kart 7 came out.

So yeah, you can tell these things pretty quickly.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

126. Posted:

I doubt the reviewer spent a whole week playing this game. Maybe they did but either way it's not going to affect/effect me buying it or not. I check out reviews but I never put much stock into them whether it be games or movies. Only I know what I will like or not like. I respect people's opinions but ultimately it's up to me whether or not I like something.

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Fossil Fighters Frontier, Story of Seasons and Kirby & the Rainbow Curse.
Now Playing: Pokemon AS and The Lost Valley
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

Emaan

127. Posted:

Mario sports games have never really been all that replayable technically, once you unlock everything that's pretty much it. I personally, however, always found myself playing random matches over and over just for the fun of it.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

skywake

128. Posted:

mumof2kids82 wrote:

I doubt the reviewer spent a whole week playing this game.

Unless the game is at the Ninjabread Man level of terrible a reviewer should get through the whole game. If they aren't then their review isn't worth the server space it's stored on. If they are getting to see everything the game has to offer in one day's play then it really doesn't have much replay value at all. If it ends up just being about online play and nothing more after a couple of hours with the game then I'd expect a reviewer to point that out.

also I'm sure that
1) The reviewer knows more about the longevity of the game than we do
2) 70-80% is not a horrible score. Did people really expect 90s from Mario Tennis sans RPG mode?

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

129. Posted:

I want to get the GBC one still XD

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

skywake

130. Posted:

MrArcade wrote:

I want to get the GBC one still XD

And so you should, the GBC version is all sorts of wins. It's easily one of the best Gameboy games..... better than the first batch of Pokemans even :)

AuthorMessage

Emaan

131. Posted:

@skywake, I wasn't expecting a 90 excellent score, but most of the Mario sports games have gotten pretty high reviews. 70 or 7.0 to me is just "good" not "great" like the games have been known for.

Edited on by Emaan

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

132. Posted:

At the end of the day it's just Tennis with Mario,and if you like Tennis,you know what you're getting.
And considering we haven't had a decent Tennis game on a Nintendo Console in a while,I say it's worth getting.
I just hope we get a bucket load of characters this time,and not the crap fest of characters that Mario Kart 7 had.

Edited on by Not-Another-Ad

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Metal Gear Ground Zeroes
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

Emaan

133. Posted:

Yeah Mario Kart 7's characters were lame.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

CosmoXY

134. Posted:

I disagree that MK7's characters were lame, though I'm fine with you having that opinion. I thought all the new characters were quite fun to play with. I'm looking forward to the new characters that will be available in MTO.

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

135. Posted:

The confirmed new characters so far are Luma, Baby Peach, and Dry Bowser. Luma is a cute choice, but Rosalina would've been more proper. I just hope there won't be a nursery-load of baby characters like in Mario Kart Wii. The Mario Tennis games usually have large character rosters from what I remember, so there will definitely be more just waiting to be discovered.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

136. Posted:

As long as the main characters are there I am fine. (The SNES/64) anything else is extra. I do like Lakitu though. Don't really care about the other new ones. Wait didn't realize Shy Guy was new! Ok add him too, to my favorites. I wish Kamek/Magikoopa would be playable since Mario Kart 64 though.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

137. Posted:

ok how come the only thing from a Mario RPG that's ever acknowledged outside of a Mario RPG is Baby Peach? Does someone at Nintendo just hate those games and want to ruin their reputation or something? Seriously, why? Baby Peach is the most annoying thing the world. My ears oh god.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

138. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

ok how come the only thing from a Mario RPG that's ever acknowledged outside of a Mario RPG is Baby Peach? Does someone at Nintendo just hate those games and want to ruin their reputation or something? Seriously, why? Baby Peach is the most annoying thing the world. My ears oh god.

Actually, the seven star spirits from Paper Mario were in Mario party 5.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

139. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

I remember hating Mario Party 5. My point still stands. :p

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

140. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bowser's floating castle from Paper Mario is in Mario Kart: Super Circuit too. Then there was Super Mario RPG's Mushroom Kingdom music in Fortune Street as well. Super Mario Wiki stated that the Peach Court in this game looks like one of the first chambers in Peach's Castle in Bowser's Inside Story, though that might be a coincidence.

But I don't care much for Baby Peach either. Leave the nursery to Yoshi's Island, please!

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan