Forums

Topic: Mario Party: Island Tour

Posts 161 to 180 of 199

Dev

Bowser's Tower sounds like some sort of story mode to me. It also reminds me of Minigame Island from the first Mario Party and the coaster from Mario Party 2. This game sounds like it's going to be pretty good. The only thing I might not like is that there's no traditional game board. Most of these boards sound like a race to the finish.

Formely NintyFan.
Nintendo Switch username: devcat
Miiverse:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

CM30

DestinyMan wrote:

Bowser's Tower sounds like some sort of story mode to me. It also reminds me of Minigame Island from the first Mario Party and the coaster from Mario Party 2. This game sounds like it's going to be pretty good. The only thing I might not like is that there's no traditional game board. Most of these boards sound like a race to the finish.

That disappoints me as well. Probably because I still remember the good old days of Mario Party 1 to 3 on the Nintendo 64 and prefer them to Mario Party 9's gameplay style.

And I bet anything that there will be at least one secret board in this game. Probably with a 'Bowser' theme.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

Twitter:

Blue_Dread

DestinyMan wrote:

It also kinda sounds like the Scarescraper in LMDM.

I like to play Nintendo games (for a living :P)
I support Wii U.
I love my brother.
I like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

JonnyKong

I'm definitely more interested in buying it now more single player modes have been shown off.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Meowpheel

I love the "main series" influeces in the minigames and the tower mode.

Let's just hope you're not limited to play as mario in the tower, though!

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dev

Morpheel wrote:

The music, especially in the opening cutscene, reminds me of the N64 Mario Party games too.

And I think it's safe to say that you can play as any character. They can swap out the Mario mentions in the dialogue and the clones with another playable character.

Formely NintyFan.
Miiverse:

10000mario

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

10000mario wrote:

Does this support single player story vs CPU? I probably won't play with anyone else! just by myself.

@10000mario

I think so but not sure. Unforantely I know the feeling of playing by myself on video games as well.

At least streetpass look's good for sort of playing with other people lol. At least streetpass data in this game.

Nintendo of Europe/America (Nintendo Directs) & youtube video's really sold me on this game to pick it up next friday.

Glad it has unlockables just disappointed it doesn't have online mutli-player to play with other's. I'll try download/local play mutli-player on this game when in a waiting room for doctor's etc lol.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

thanks for the info, I think I saw a single player and multiplayer mode, so let's hope!

10000mario

Meowpheel

DestinyMan wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

The music, especially in the opening cutscene, reminds me of the N64 Mario Party games too.

And I think it's safe to say that you can play as any character. They can swap out the Mario mentions in the dialogue and the clones with another playable character.

Hehe yeah, the whole island layout in the intro scene also reminds me a lot of the "menu" from the first game.

It may sound weird... But if I were to buy a game day-one on the 22nd it would be this one. I'm somehow more hyped about this

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Apolloquis

Well I least I know my release date 14th of January; well it could of been worse I guess.

~Heyhey~ :]

3DS Friend Code = 4098 - 2313 - 4036
Nintendo Network ID = DarkRayquaza
[url=http://steamcommunity.com/id/
ancient-sacred-pheonix/] Steam Account [/url]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkRayquaza

astros75

7 more days....

Switch FC: 305297906526

Favorite 3DS Games:
Fire Emblem: Awk. ~ Animal Crossing: NL ~ Luigis Mansion: DM ~ Super Mario 3d Land

Favorite WiiU Games:
Pikmin 3 ~ DK: Tropical Freeze ~ Smash

Nintendo Network ID: astros75

Apolloquis

astros75 wrote:

7 more days....

While I have to wait for two more months. Untitled

Edited on by Apolloquis

~Heyhey~ :]

3DS Friend Code = 4098 - 2313 - 4036
Nintendo Network ID = DarkRayquaza
[url=http://steamcommunity.com/id/
ancient-sacred-pheonix/] Steam Account [/url]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkRayquaza

tobibra

Why cant they release it in Europe before Christmas?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

Dev

Bowser, Jr. is playable.
Untitled

Formely NintyFan.
Miiverse:

Dev

Morpheel wrote:

Well... Rosalina is probably playable too... Apppearing in the boxart and all.

I hope so, but I haven't seen or heard anything yet that points to that.

Formely NintyFan.
Miiverse:

Klimbatize

@DestinyMan I get the feeling you're a person who absolutely hates surprises...for everyone else.

I would like to thank you for giving me a little more free time. I have learned to avoid any thread about a game I'm slightly interested in if you're posting in it because I will find out absolutely every little possible surprise about it before it's even released. Woo, now I can be a lot more productive doing other things.

I especially dig that you make your reveals with incredibly huge pictures...it's like the anti-spoiler tag.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Gioku

I hope Rosalina turns out playable... the Super Mario Wiki states that Rosalina is a NPC on one of the boards... I hope they're just jumping the gun on that one... I mean, she can be seen walking along the board on the boxart... of course that may mean nothing, but still...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic