3DS Forum

Topic: Mario Party: Island Tour

Showing 141 to 160 of 211

AuthorMessage

ShadowLugia

141. Posted:

As much as I hate to say online mode wouldn't work in terms of party mode for obvious reasons, but the thing which would have worked out is by having an online mini-game mode with many features added as possible to make it more fun or tense for people. Many mini games on this game should be at a fast enough pace so no one would be bored. Hopefully they won't have any mini games where you need to wait for all of the players xD.

Edited on by ShadowLugia

Friend Code = 4098 - 2313 - 4036
Nintendo Network ID = DarkRayquaza

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

142. Posted:

Eh I don't mind the lack of online, I just hope the include download mode. That's what made the DS game such a great option.

I also have no problems in playing all by myself. But I do hope they add good options for 1 player besides the obliged "short tour of all the boards with a light story tacked on".

Something similar to the minigame island from the first game is something I would love to play again.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

ShadowLugia

143. Posted:

Morpheel wrote:

Eh I don't mind the lack of online, I just hope the include download mode. That's what made the DS game such a great option.

I also have no problems in playing all by myself. But I do hope they add good options for 1 player besides the obliged "short tour of all the boards with a light story tacked on".

Something similar to the minigame island from the first game is something I would love to play again.

It doesn't really bother me much either I was just stating that online wouldn't necessarily during long games. People are most likely to drop out of it rather than playing. If they were to plan an online mode I would suggest to have an online system like COD: Black ops 2 Zombies. I know for a fact that Mario Party and other games obviously don't have hosts. But when players drop out they should be replaced by CPU or removed completely rather than the game ending.

P.S I hope the game will be at least decent without online because I have to wait for a few more sodding months. Untitled

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

144. Posted:

Oh hey, it seems the official page for the game just answered my worries:

*New single player multi-floor minigame tower.
*Party with up to 3 other people with Download Play.

The minigame tower thing screams minigame island. Yup, getting this. Maybe day one. Who knows?

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

ShadowLugia

145. Posted:

Morpheel wrote:

Oh hey, it seems the official page for the game just answered my worries:

*New single player multi-floor minigame tower.
*Party with up to 3 other people with Download Play.

The minigame tower thing screams minigame island. Yup, getting this. Maybe day one. Who knows?

Quite cool, I may pre order this one mainly because I save £5. Untitled

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

146. Posted:

Haha, five bucks saved are five bucks you can spend in more games!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

ShadowLugia

147. Posted:

Morpheel wrote:

Haha, five bucks saved are five bucks you can spend in more games!

I also get a bonus with it as well but I have no idea what it might be.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

148. Posted:

Streetpass in Mario Party: Island Tour Detailed
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35722

• Mario Party: Island Tour, developed by Nd Cube, will feature StreetPass mini-games where players can compete against the ghost data of people they pass by.
  • The StreetPass mode is a part of the "deep and exciting" solo experience in the forthcoming 3DS game, due out on November 22.
  • In addition, players can choose from different difficulties and compete in a mini-game tower, the latter of which wasn't explained further.
  • Players can also unlock a variety of collectables, including voices, music, and character illustrations, using Mario Party Points earned throughout the game.
  • Shy Guy's Shuffle City involves players using playing cards to try to strategically make their way to the goal.

Mario Party: Island Tour Impressions
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressions/35659

• Banzai Bill's Mad Mountain has players climbing a mountain installed with Banzai Bill Blasters. After rolling the die, you can risk making progress on the board or hide out in cave.
  • After rolling the die, you can risk making progress on the board or hide out in cave. Whenever somebody rolls a Banzai Bill, it fires across one of the board's horizontal ledges, knocking back everybody in its path. So the board revolves around risk-taking and luck.
  • Die rolling is fairly realistic — you jiggle it around on the touch screen and fling it onto the top screen, which means you can kind of control how it lands.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

149. Posted:

Whoops; the Nintendo eShop incorrectly stated that Mario Party: Island Tour is an NES game.
Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

150. Posted:

Heh, a Mario Party on the NES. Imagine how that would play.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

151. Posted:

Mario Party for 5 bucks? Count me in!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

152. Posted:

In all serious in Mario Party better suited for single player or mutli-player? Really want to know because don't want to blow $40 dollars on this game just to play against computer animated players which I have the funny feeling that's the way this game will be set up...

If it's set up like that in the game I might just pass on this title because don't feel like playing against a computer. :(

Want to get this game but don't want be playing against the computer neither...

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

153. Posted:

If you have absolutely no one else with an extra 3DS near you, then it will be like that. It's still pretty fun, but the appeal gets limited by the fact that you're playing alone.

If you have 3DS owners near you or extra 3DSs yourself and some friends willing to play with you every now and then, then it will be amazing because the game supports download play (which means you only need to buy the game once and still play it with up to three other people).

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

DakotaM47

154. Posted:

I saw an Island Tour commercial on Cartoon Network, but I wasn't paying attention. So, there's proof that they are adverting IT.

Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Newcomer Hopes:
1. Shulk
2. Slime
3. Takamaru

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

AuthorMessage

Gioku

155. Posted:

Well damn, this game is starting to sound pretty good! Sounds way better than Mario Party DS, and I enjoyed that one quite a bit back in the day. I've owned the other two handheld Mario Party games (Mario Party Advance being the other one) and greatly enjoyed both; I see no reason to not continue my collection! :D

...and, consequently, it seems this is the first handheld Mario Party game to not be named after its system...

Edited on by Gioku

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Blast

156. Posted:

LOL we all know this game is gonna make cash. Kids are gonna buy this game like crazy.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

157. Posted:

Aw yeah, can't wait to play this! I love Mario Party! :D

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Gioku

158. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

LOL we all know this game is gonna make cash. Kids are gonna buy this game like crazy.

Me included! :D
I'm just a big kid, after all. :P

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

159. Posted:

Well,I started to think that this game was not going to have that much sales but now I think it's going to be the best Mario Party yet since Mario Party DS.:D

Ganon confirmed to be 2handsome4u.
My Backlog of Handsome Ganon
Games I'm hyped for: Super Smash Bros for 3DS(obviously), Mother 4(fan-game), Hyrule Warriors(Ganonstyle), Super Smash Bros for Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and more to come.

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

160. Posted:

I hope that at least one of the boards is a classic "looping" board.

Giving us fast point a to point b boards is a good idea for the console, but let's not neglect the classics!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.