3DS Forum

Topic: Mario Golf: World Tour

Showing 281 to 300 of 403

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

281. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Haven't done more then 5 challenges as of yet. Some of those are really hard!

They really are. I've unlocked I think about 4-5 of the costumes, but some of the challenges are just plain difficult, specifically the collect x amount of coins. It makes it even more annoying when you can't start over so it's hard to get practice, lol.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

282. Posted:

One of those 600 ones I thought I was going to fail as when I got to the last hole I only had 385, low and behold there was a pile of 4 50 coins that did the trick! Ended with 615! Got the Fuzzy costume.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

283. Posted:

Yeah, I failed that one, lol. Next time! I need to do the online stuff before the next 2 days are over. Just taking a small break from the game so I can come back and do those with a clear head to try and get a decent score. I scored like -17 in the NLife tournament which I know I can do better becaus I hit a couple of pars on holes that are normally a birdie for me. I need to do that again but I'm more worried about the other tournaments first. I'm a sucker for challenges to the point where I do them over and over until I get enraged, especially that Advanced putting practice. I just can't beat it. I haven't tried it with high control though. I'll have to give it a whirl..

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

Sgt_Ludby

284. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

It makes it even more annoying when you can't start over so it's hard to get practice, lol.

That's what I thought at first, too. The menu option all the way to the right only takes you back to the challenges menu. Whenever I would miss a loop or a coin, I would click that, back out to the main menu, and then select the challenge all again. It turns out that the first option of the in-game menu is the restart option. It took me a couple days to realize that =P Hopefully this speeds things up for you a bit!

If we talk and have fun here on NL, feel free to add me!! (Just let me know so I can accept)
Nintendo Network ID: Sgt_Ludby
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298
Formerly known as Pwdrmntainskier

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

285. Posted:

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

Spuratis wrote:

It makes it even more annoying when you can't start over so it's hard to get practice, lol.

That's what I thought at first, too. The menu option all the way to the right only takes you back to the challenges menu. Whenever I would miss a loop or a coin, I would click that, back out to the main menu, and then select the challenge all again. It turns out that the first option of the in-game menu is the restart option. It took me a couple days to realize that =P Hopefully this speeds things up for you a bit!

He's not talking about those. He's talking about the ones that open up in the pipes in the Club House. If you fail them you can't re-start them. You just have to wait till they show up again!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Sgt_Ludby

286. Posted:

Ahhhhh yupp. I see now =P in that case, I share his sentiment. While I've only tried one challenge so far, I lost and was disappointed to see it disappear!!

If we talk and have fun here on NL, feel free to add me!! (Just let me know so I can accept)
Nintendo Network ID: Sgt_Ludby
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298
Formerly known as Pwdrmntainskier

AuthorMessage

Sherman

287. Posted:

I just have one thing to say:

Give me my Hyrule course DLC now!!

I want some Par 3 on Death Mountain, hitting the ball without falling into the lava. Lost Woods with a lot of rough and OB areas, One inside Hyrule Castle garden. A cool Par 4 jumping from island to island on Lake Hylia. A huge Par 5 on Hyrule Field and wouldn't be awesome to have the Tee on Gerudo Valley right before the fallen bridge? And if you hit a cucco on Kakariko they just hit the ball until it's out of the field. Let's sign the petition now!!

If you ever wanna speak about videogames...

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6394-7559 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherman.exe

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

288. Posted:

Sherman wrote:

I just have one thing to say:

Give me my Hyrule course DLC now!!

I want some Par 3 on Death Mountain, hitting the ball without falling into the lava. Lost Woods with a lot of rough and OB areas, One inside Hyrule Castle garden. A cool Par 4 jumping from island to island on Lake Hylia. A huge Par 5 on Hyrule Field and wouldn't be awesome to have the Tee on Gerudo Valley right after the fallen bridge? And if you hit a cucco on Kakariko they just hit the ball until it's out of the field. Let's sign the petition now!!

Signed!

However instead let's just do away with all the Mario characters and replace them with Zelda ones and courses! And a few Metroid ones as well! ;)

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Sherman

289. Posted:

My little sister said a few days ago: "Wouldn't it be great to have a Mario Kart like game but with all Nintendo characters? Like taking all the Smash Bros chars and putting them in a kart game with their own specials and stuff". And then I said: "well... I think Nintendo should take this idea and make it work with every title. Like Nintendo Kart, Nintendo Tennis, Nintendo Golf, etc. It would be awesome!!". So, there's one for free, Nintendo. You're welcome!

Edited on by Sherman

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

290. Posted:

But where would those golf courses fit in the Zelda timeline? O:

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

291. Posted:

Someone asked on Miiverse what dlc would you like for Kart 8 and I said Link, Zelda, Samus, Kirby, and Fox MacCloud! Also said give me their world's to drive through as well. If Sonic can have Zelda dlc then why not Kart 8?!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

292. Posted:

So this game is huge. People who are bashing it because it had Day One DLC are misinformed. The core game has so much to it, I'm nowhere near finished and I'm at 15 hours already. Absolutely worth the $30. Easily could have gone for the normal $40 price tag. I bought the Season Pass anyway, but geez, I've barely touched the DLC. I keep unlocking more and more courses, costumes, accessories, etc. I like how many variations there are for the Star Coin challenges, too. If I have five minutes, I can try one of the speed challenges. If I have more time, I can try to unlock a character or play a nine-hole round to keep getting those star coins.

The game grew on me very quickly, too. I've enjoyed it from the start, but it just felt a little off when it came to the controls. Can't really explain. I got used to them very quickly though, and now I'm zooming around the course, checking out the projected flight path from all different angles. I now find it easier to navigate around a hole better than any previous game in the series.

It's the perfect game for me to play while watching TV after a long day. Really enjoying it.

You should host another tourney, Tech.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

293. Posted:

@Klimbatize I take it you're joining it! Yeah I'll do one by days end! I like to keep online active. This time I'll change it up more so then the last time. I'll post the code on here and Miiverse again!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Sherman

294. Posted:

This is what I said to the people complainig obout the day one DLC:

I bought this game a few days ago. May 10th, to be precise. It was mothers day here in México. I had no money, 'cause of... mothers day. Then I saw this game in particular was a little cheaper than any other 3DS's Mario game. Thanks to that I had enough money to buy it. Had a blast this weekend!!
Thanks to that lower price I had the chance to buy it. Is it an incomplete game? Yes, but completing it will cost you the original price at the end, and not as much as any other over priced game!!
It gives you two choices:
One, to buy it cheap and as soon as you can and start participating in tournaments right away and win free prices or, the most important, two, It gives you the choices to have a cheaper version or to have the complete version.at the full price, not overpriced. It's up to you.
And if you decide to go for the cheaper version you still get a lot out of this game! Tons of tournaments and online gaming here to keep you playing for a long time.
If your local store is charging you as regular Mario game, then it's a scam. Look for another store.
P.S.: I just wanna to say this at the end...

It's even cheapper than any other Mario Game if you buy the season pass!!

...at least in my country it is.

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

295. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Klimbatize I take it you're joining it! Yeah I'll do one by days end! I like to keep online active. This time I'll change it up more so then the last time. I'll post the code on here and Miiverse again!

Yeah, I'd definitely join. Mix up the options a bit!

@Sherman In the US, it winds up being $5 more than a normal Mario game if you buy all the DLC. Most games here start out at $40, but Mario Golf plus all the DLC would run you $45.

Edited on by Klimbatize

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

296. Posted:

Here's the code 13-3444-6350-0412. Still no items but I did change it up quite a bit!

All are welcome to join!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Sherman

297. Posted:

Yeah, I know the prices up there, @Klimbatize. Yours are way better than ours, always! Latamel, they comany in charge of Nintendo's stuff pricing and distribution always over price everything. This is the only time a game with DLC is cheaper than any other Nintendo game (the ones that cost 40 dollars over there). But anyway, as I was saying, the game has a lot of content as is out of the box. And the DLC are just to "complete" the game. Some would even say it's actually more than just "complete" the game. I really liked the way Nintendo managed this one.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

298. Posted:

I decided to do one more and it's a tough one. Good lock on this one as it's a public one called MountainsOfTrble! I don't know if I even want to do this one lol! Here's the code for that one 65-9835-8268-0229

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

299. Posted:

Nice. I'll join them tomorrow.

As for items, I don't like them anyway so I don't mind them not being included.

AuthorMessage

DRL

300. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Here's the code 13-3444-6350-0412. Still no items but I did change it up quite a bit!

All are welcome to join!

I joined. I put up poor numbers, but I joined. :)

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage