3DS Forum

Topic: Mario Golf: World Tour

Showing 221 to 240 of 403

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

221. Posted:

Saving your best shots would be pretty cool. Just the other day I was playing MarioGolf 64 with my kid and it was cool to show him that hole-in-one I made with Yoshi back in October 1999.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

222. Posted:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

AkDeath wrote:

Can someone confirm or deny this? When playing in online tournaments you are playing with your current gear, hence your attributes are affected (eg. I can hit 224 yards with my current setup). If that's the case, then the people with the best gear can hit the farthest, and are at a big advantage. That is just ridiculous and kills the online tournament play for me if it's true.

Also, am I the only one outraged about the fact that this game doesn't save replays of your best shots? That has been a staple of the series for every mario golf game I've ever played (advance, 64, gamecube) and it just seems lazy that they didn't include it here. I am severely disappointed with this game so far, the gameplay is good but everything else just feels like a rush job.

For your first point, it may seem unfair, but if you think about it 5 yards isn't much you of a difference. It rewards tose who play more slightly, but a well aimed shot can still get farther. And if you have skill, you will have the upgraded gear soon enough anyway.
Moving on, I'm okay with it not saving my shots. I mean, sure I'll have amazing ones and a video sharing device ala Mario Kart TV would have been nice, but it is a fairly small loss when compared to, say, the loss of the overworld map.

I have to disagree a bit on your first point. I was in a tournament earlier today and did extremely well and shot a -16 on an 18 hole course. Problem was even though I was killing the ball someone was out hitting me by about 30 or more yards and more often then not get on in one on most par 4 holes. Its a problem but it need to be looked at before you enter the tournament to see if it's allowed to use your own mii in game!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

223. Posted:

KennyPowers wrote:

SBOY wrote:

But Wii U game are the same price... And for me the full game is still the "basic" one with the season pass...

Not the new ones. Mario Kart 8 is $59.99 in the USA and $64.99 in Canada. Even the price of the PS4 has increased here by $50.

You can get any of the best Wii U games (3D World / Tropical Freeze / Mario Kart 8) for less than this with the season pass in the UK.

The USA price seems much fairer (Say both Mario Golf and Kirby for the same price as a good Wii U game that seems fair).

The current price of Tennis Open (£18) - Compared to 3D World / Tropical Freeze / Mario Kart 8 at £30 seems reasonable as well.

Complete Mario Golf at £40 is not reasonable compared to those regardless of any other factors.

The only way I will ever be getting it is if there is a complete version as a Nintendo Select at some time in the future. (I played the demo and found it archaic.)

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

224. Posted:

Untitled

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

AkDeath

225. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

AkDeath wrote:

Can someone confirm or deny this? When playing in online tournaments you are playing with your current gear, hence your attributes are affected (eg. I can hit 224 yards with my current setup). If that's the case, then the people with the best gear can hit the farthest, and are at a big advantage. That is just ridiculous and kills the online tournament play for me if it's true.

Also, am I the only one outraged about the fact that this game doesn't save replays of your best shots? That has been a staple of the series for every mario golf game I've ever played (advance, 64, gamecube) and it just seems lazy that they didn't include it here. I am severely disappointed with this game so far, the gameplay is good but everything else just feels like a rush job.

For your first point, it may seem unfair, but if you think about it 5 yards isn't much you of a difference. It rewards tose who play more slightly, but a well aimed shot can still get farther. And if you have skill, you will have the upgraded gear soon enough anyway.
Moving on, I'm okay with it not saving my shots. I mean, sure I'll have amazing ones and a video sharing device ala Mario Kart TV would have been nice, but it is a fairly small loss when compared to, say, the loss of the overworld map.

I have to disagree a bit on your first point. I was in a tournament earlier today and did extremely well and shot a -16 on an 18 hole course. Problem was even though I was killing the ball someone was out hitting me by about 30 or more yards and more often then not get on in one on most par 4 holes. Its a problem but it need to be looked at before you enter the tournament to see if it's allowed to use your own mii in game!

That's my issue, so some guy is able to get on par 4's in one shot? Uh, that makes a HUGE difference. If that's not addressed I will be selling this game, that completely destroys any legitimacy the online tourneys have.

In response to Prof: I consider the lack of shot replays a big loss, they've been part of the series from the start and it's awesome to be able to look back on your hole-in-one's which are very rare. Heck, I still go back and look at my Mario Golf Advance shots sometimes.

Edited on by AkDeath

Friend Code - 3050-7993-6391

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

226. Posted:

Okay, guys, I have an issue I need to get across. I've been playing the demo before I get the game, but I've been struggling big-time. I thought my Toadstool Tour skills would carry over, but for me this game is tougher to play then the GameCube game. I can shoot the ball and juggle between different clubs just fine, but I'm terrible at putting. I tried following along with NL's good guide on how to play the game, but I'm still struggling with putting. It's gotten to the point where I'm questioning whether to get this game or not, which is too bad because I am interested in this game. I just don't want to buy a game I won't be good playing at. Any tips?

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

227. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Okay, guys, I have an issue I need to get across. I've been playing the demo before I get the game, but I've been struggling big-time. I thought my Toadstool Tour skills would carry over, but for me this game is tougher to play then the GameCube game. I can shoot the ball and juggle between different clubs just fine, but I'm terrible at putting. I tried following along with NL's good guide on how to play the game, but I'm still struggling with putting. It's gotten to the point where I'm questioning whether to get this game or not, which is too bad because I am interested in this game. I just don't want to buy a game I won't be good playing at. Any tips?

Well first of all the actual game has a putting course that starts at beginner, intermediate, and advanced plus an extra to help you there. Plus there is a pointer session you can take. I'm not having any problem putting and I owned all the others. Inside of 25 feet I'm about 85-90% outside of that I'm still over 50% the game can be a bit harder then the past but I think that more the courses then anything.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

228. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

This is a game that takes some getting used to. At first when I played this game, I thought my Toadstool Tour skills would be of some help (and it was), but this game feels a lot more precise in hitting the ball into the air. Putting feels very strange to say the least. It doesn't recommend the right amount of power when hitting the ball into the hole, so it's hard to get a feel of where to aim and power output. Anyone that wants to play this game and really get into it needs to have patience to learn (mostly through trial and error). As for me currently, I've gotten extremely good so far that I managed to get many Eagles. No Hole-in-One's yet.

"TOAD GOT AN EAGLE!!! That's very hard to do with a low-distance hitter!"
Untitled
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnwORHqMg

One very important thing! If you play the main mode, you'll find it's not that long. For me, it took about 1 day.
You'll end up playing challenges and online matches / online tournaments almost all the time.

"Finished the main mode in 1 day..."
Untitled
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqF7Bu42IQ

Accomplishments

"I had the worst clubs possible, but I still got an EAGLE!!!"
Untitled
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnwFJT-yg

"HI I'M DAISY!!!!! I EARNED 5 POINTS!!!!! IN 3D!!!!!"
Untitled
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnwFFOxWg

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

229. Posted:

IN REGARDS TO ONLINE PLAY
People have been saying how unfair the game might be if other people have better equipment than you. I find this to be true and false.
If you wanna have better stats and have a better chance at winning, just buy some equipment, even a little. The game doesn't rely on it that much.

What mostly matters is if you're good or not (at least in my experience). I've gone up against with extremely high distance hitters, but I still manage to win.
I wish I could write more at the moment, but I have to go. I'll have more to say on the latter....

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

230. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

IN REGARDS TO ONLINE PLAY
People have been saying how unfair the game might be if other people have better equipment than you. I find this to be true and false.
If you wanna have better stats and have a better chance at winning, just buy some equipment, even a little. The game doesn't rely on it that much.

What mostly matters is if you're good or not (at least in my experience). I've gone up against with extremely high distance hitters, but I still manage to win.
I wish I could write more at the moment, but I have to go. I'll have more to say on the latter....

Yeah but if those distance hitters are any good (and I've seen a few) that's a Hugh advantage. I just play them for fun to be honest as it seems hard to be #1 of thousands. I did one tournament the other day an it was 9 hole Mario only one and didn't do great at -4 and ended up in the 9000's. I then checked the leader boards and the top spot was -15.........really. That means they are eagling over half the holes which means they are very good or just know how to use the items very well. I'm not big on the items so I'll stay away from those tournaments.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Technosphile

231. Posted:

So do we have a NintendoLife Vs. mode community yet?

NNID: orange_blood

AuthorMessage

nintendorules

232. Posted:

50-3112-4695-8432 please enter my tournament its my first one if it goes well I will do more and if you know people with the game tell them too

3ds name steven
ac new leaf dream code 6000-2194-6895

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3669-8578 | Nintendo Network ID: Nintyrules123

AuthorMessage

Henmii

233. Posted:

I have the game and it is pretty fun! But I have one question: Where is the free pack that I downloaded?! I can't find it anywhere!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

234. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

I have the game and it is pretty fun! But I have one question: Where is the free pack that I downloaded?! I can't find it anywhere!

I believe it's only available in Quick Round till you unlock special challenges in the Castle Club.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

235. Posted:

nintendorules wrote:

50-3112-4695-8432 please enter my tournament its my first one if it goes well I will do more and if you know people with the game tell them too

I joined and it's seems I'm not the only one!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

236. Posted:

-_- ...
I keep getting "Invalid code".

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

237. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

-_- ...
I keep getting "Invalid code".

Next question is are you entering them in the right place. Not even sure if there is more then one place to be honest.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

238. Posted:

Ah, I got it now. There are 2 different places to enter codes.
There's VS Community Codes & Tournament Codes.

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

239. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

Ah, I got it now. There are 2 different places to enter codes.
There's VS Community Codes & Tournament Codes.

Good, now hit those links!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

240. Posted:

So I guess I'm 5th (tied with 4th).
Is someone here from Japan? Or does someone have a Japanese 3DS? Cuz apparently, that person is 1st.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon