3DS Forum

Topic: Mario Golf: World Tour

Showing 181 to 200 of 389

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

181. Posted:

KennyPowers wrote:

After spending more time playing, let me revise my original thoughts on the demo.

This game definitely does feel easier, putting and chipping wise, than previous entries in the series. I think it requires less precision to make long putts and chip shots out of bunkers and the rough. I have played MG64 almost religiously though, so maybe I have just honed my skills too much haha, but I can breeze through the three Seaside Course holes in about 3-4 minutes and birdie every hole quite easily. Any other veteran Mario Golf players feel that the game is a bit more 'forgiving' in this respect than prior games?

As for the smaller shot indicators, they are fine. Just took a bit of getting used to, but I've got it all down fine now.

I also just changed my Amazon order of this game to include the new $10 bluray release of the classic Steven Seagal/DMX film 'Exit Wounds', so I am now doubly excited to get this game next week!

I've played all but 30 mins to be honest and found it a bit harder so far. Once I dig into it more then maybe I'll change my tune. One thing I did notice right away. THAT 3D DEPTH! !

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

182. Posted:

Suck at golf (both digital and real) but some how I loved the demo!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I might nab this release day, for $30 (plus $15 for some more bonus content???) SOLD!

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

adamkop

183. Posted:

Demo surprised me with how cool it actually was. The extra stage hazards and Mario universe elements really brought everything together. I will most likely get it once it hits a decent price at which I can import it to my country :D

adamkop

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveSquid

184. Posted:

Demo impressions: after 20 mins of play I was certain I would want to explore the whole content.
I do wish the 3D was deeper but it's not a big deal since the screens change so much and you spend a lot of time looking at the bottom screen.
Also I wish the camera moved with the shot guide instead of independently but perhaps with more obstacles on the map in the full game it may be useful but probably not.
I love the crisp bright visuals but the audio seems really low through the speakers almost can't hardly hear the tracks.
Will be buying day one and very likely the season pass content as well.

WiiULoveSquid

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

185. Posted:

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

Demo impressions: after 20 mins of play I was certain I would want to explore the whole content.
I do wish the 3D was deeper but it's not a big deal since the screens change so much and you spend a lot of time looking at the bottom screen.
Also I wish the camera moved with the shot guide instead of independently but perhaps with more obstacles on the map in the full game it may be useful but probably not.
I love the crisp bright visuals but the audio seems really low through the speakers almost can't hardly hear the tracks.
Will be buying day one and very likely the season pass content as well.

Really?? I thought the 3d depth was really good. Some of the best I've seen and I hardly ever looked at the bottom screen! I must be playing it wrong ;)

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Blast

186. Posted:

thinks Mario Golf: WT is dumb
plays demo
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I feel so stupid for ever doubting this game. That demo was incredible.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

MrPanic

187. Posted:

I've seen a lot of mixed reactions towards this subject, but I definitely find the 3d lacking. Everything looks really flat in the background, even the character you're playing doesn't seem to be anywhere near the camera. The only times you really notice the 3d is when you see the trail behind a flying ball or when the menu's pop up since those are the only things that really pop out 3d wise. After some really 3d rich games like Kid Icarus, Zelda or Luigi's Mansion this 3d just seems to be severely lacking. I mean, it's not bad 3d, just barely noticable. I just started to turn the 3d off since it's really not worth holding your 3DS still for the whole time.

At least it's better than Let's golf 3d. In that game the camera sometimes gets so close to the character you'll cross eyes, kinda painful really.

Edited on by MrPanic

"Time flies when you throw your watch in the sky."
3DS: 0946-2616-2379

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

188. Posted:

New Courses Trailer:

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

LajnuD

189. Posted:

I think mr. Wario need to swing his golf club the 2 may hehe

RAAAWR

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

190. Posted:

I know the demo did what it set out to but I was a bit underwhelmed for whatever reason. Maybe it was the safe style of swinging the club I'm not sure. I would've thought they would take more of a chance with that mechanic this go around. I hope the full game feels more of its own then just a dlc of the first 2. I'm sure I'll like the season play though. Still can't wait to play it!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

191. Posted:

Yeah.. I'm going to have to get this game. I'm not really a fan of golf, but I enjoyed the Gamecube Mario Golf and from what I got from the demo this is a much better version of that. I'm even tempted to check out the DLC.. we'll see.

Also, does anyone know what the coins are for in the Demo? Do they just carry over to the full version of the game or what?

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

Tops

192. Posted:

Does anyone know how extensive the tournament or career modes are?

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

193. Posted:

My impression's after playing the demo:

I love the graphic's the only problem after playing the demo for several hours with the course's is I'm really bad at golf in this game. I'll probably get this game later but not this week. I was sold on this game until I tried the demo... I'll stick with Mario Tennis - 3DS for the time being. ;)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

194. Posted:

I just got done playing the demo for the first time. The graphics are rather nice and there is quite a bit of character. The controls remind me a lot of Toadstool Tour, which is a good thing because I really enjoyed Toadstool Tour. Hitting the ball is easy, but by far the biggest thing I struggle with is the putting. I'll have to work at that. I like the courses.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

195. Posted:

I managed to get a birdie on all the holes main courses in the demo just using peach pretty much first time. (Special courses I couldn't do at all). Didn't even need to aim (And trying to do so just made the end result worse). Controls are archaic. (Still uses the same method as the very first PGA Tour Golf I played on the 286).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Booboos35

196. Posted:

Very impressed by the demo, picking this up tomorrow. Maybe getting season pass as well. SOOOOO hype!!! :D

Booboos35

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

197. Posted:

I won't be getting Mario Golf for a few days. I want to practice a bit more on the demo first before I get the main game, so I'm only getting Kirby tomorrow.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

SBOY

198. Posted:

Why is the Canadian version 35$+17$+taxes? It's almost 60$ for the "full game"...

Sorry if my english isn't good... At least I try :-)
Si vous êtes du Québec j'aimerais vous ajoutez dans mes "ami-e-s" WII U/3DS ! Alors n'hésitez pas pour en faire la demande...

3DS Friend Code: 3110-4663-5063 | Nintendo Network ID: sboy82 | Twitter: sboy1982

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

199. Posted:

No, the full game is only 35$ The 17$ is optional. You guys don't get the season pass or is 17$ the season pass?

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

200. Posted:

SBOY wrote:

Why is the Canadian version 35$+17$+taxes? It's almost 60$ for the "full game"...

Because the Canadian dollar is starting to suck again, so the price was raised to even out with the US one.

Beetlejuice