3DS Forum

Topic: Mario Golf: World Tour

Showing 161 to 180 of 389

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

161. Posted:

I love the way Rosalina just uses her magic wand to swing the golf club.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

162. Posted:

This game looks pretty amazing. I wasn't expecting that...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

163. Posted:

You have to admit, the score animations in this game are amazing. Just look at Nabbit's and Rosalina's!

Unlike Peach and Daisy, Rosalina can play golf in her dress and with her wand at that.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DadOfFour1972

164. Posted:

Webby-sama wrote:

Demo in two days (NA suffering) and that follows with an eight day wait for the full release.

Anybody mind letting me know what the demo contents were? I'm worried it won't be enough to contain my hype for the rest of the wait.

The demo we got in the EU was 3 holes for each of 3 courses plus a look at a couple of other modes including one where you have to achieve par on the hole whilst collecting a coin(s) en route - basically forcing you to go a specific way to the hole. Demo was fun and can't wait for the game and season pass :)

Live long and prosper
Gamertag : ringrosemike
PSN : ringrosemike

3DS Friend Code: 2466-2347-5262

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

165. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

I love the way Rosalina just uses her magic wand to swing the golf club.

I was actually annoyed by that!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

166. Posted:

I still find it funny Rosalina can play golf in her dress while Peach and Daisy have to wear special outfits.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

167. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

You have to admit, the score animations in this game are amazing. Just look at Nabbit's and Rosalina's!

Unlike Peach and Daisy, Rosalina can play golf in her dress and with her wand at that.

She's too fancy and magical to even touch the ground or golf clubs directly.

That's too low for her.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

MrPanic

168. Posted:

These dlc vids do make me wonder if the entire dlc collection is going to consist of N64 golf courses or just part of them. If they do, they could potentially make a season 2 of dlc where they can remake all the gamecube courses.

"Time flies when you throw your watch in the sky."
3DS: 0946-2616-2379

AuthorMessage

Webby-sama

169. Posted:

DadOfFour1972 wrote:

The demo we got in the EU was 3 holes for each of 3 courses plus a look at a couple of other modes including one where you have to achieve par on the hole whilst collecting a coin(s) en route - basically forcing you to go a specific way to the hole. Demo was fun and can't wait for the game and season pass :)

About what I was expecting. Soon enough I will get to experience the demo joys.

AuthorMessage

WebHead

170. Posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/24/mario-golf-world-tour-... 8.6 from IGN. Seems Camelot put more effort into Mario Golf: World Tour than they did with Mario Tennis Open.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

171. Posted:

WebHead wrote:

Seems Camelot put more effort into Mario Golf: World Tour than they did with Mario Tennis Open.

You don't say!

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

WebHead

172. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Seems Camelot put more effort into Mario Golf: World Tour than they did with Mario Tennis Open.

You don't say!

That's probably why World Tour came out this year instead of last Summer. Camelot didn't just want to do a "Mario Tennis Open, but with Golf" instead.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

ashlyquin

173. Posted:

YES!
YES!
YES!

Online during weekdays......

OUT

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7995-0970 | Nintendo Network ID: ashlyquin123

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

174. Posted:

This game is head-and-shoulders above Mario Tennis Open in content, effort, and character. Granted, there is a bit of content in Mario Tennis Open because of the customization, but the whole presentation was watered down drastically. The characters' voices were recycled from a then-eight year game in Mario Tennis: Power Tour, for crying out loud!

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

175. Posted:

Managed to sneak in some time with the demo today, will play more tonight though.

Is it just me, or does it feel a bit 'easier' to make shots in this game as compared to MG64? I was playing on manual, and through around 12 holes of play, I hit the pin with approaches and chip shots 3 or 4 times, which was something that was a lot rarer in previous games.

Another thing that I found a tad annoying, but that I will get accustomed too, is the near microscopic markers and indicators showing where your ball will land, and the arrows indicating the slope of the greens. You need to zoom right in to get a clear view, while on the console versions it felt a lot quicker/easier to aim your shot and hit. Playing on the 3DS will be fine, but the small shot indicators makes me wish this game was on the Wii-U instead

Other than those minor complaints, I really like what I have played so far! Can't wait for the full game and DLC!

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

Mine01

176. Posted:

I loved the demo, was planning to buy pokemon but now i want mario golf first, but since im tight in money for this month (have to buy mk8!) what game would give my more time to play? also where can i check the online features of both of them? btw loved the idea of mario golf tournaments.

Mine01

3DS Friend Code: 5000-3484-9808 | Nintendo Network ID: soakedmine

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

177. Posted:

Omg. I may have spent more time with the demo then i should have. The only 2 things I would fix is when you use the camera is should like focus to the shot position and the shot landing colors outta be changed. Download the demo and get hooked.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

178. Posted:

Really want to get this knowing how much content it has, and only being $30. It's just weird it's said "unavailable" on Amazon the past few days, does anybody know if it will be available to order or why it isn't anymore? I wanted to get it from Amazon since I have $10 credit there, I can get the game for just $20! Also while the online multiplayer will be great, I really hope there is a local way to play that allows me to just hand the 3DS to my friends.

Currently Playing:
New Super Luigi U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Earthbound

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

179. Posted:

After spending more time playing, let me revise my original thoughts on the demo.

This game definitely does feel easier, putting and chipping wise, than previous entries in the series. I think it requires less precision to make long putts and chip shots out of bunkers and the rough. I have played MG64 almost religiously though, so maybe I have just honed my skills too much haha, but I can breeze through the three Seaside Course holes in about 3-4 minutes and birdie every hole quite easily. Any other veteran Mario Golf players feel that the game is a bit more 'forgiving' in this respect than prior games?

As for the smaller shot indicators, they are fine. Just took a bit of getting used to, but I've got it all down fine now.

I also just changed my Amazon order of this game to include the new $10 bluray release of the classic Steven Seagal/DMX film 'Exit Wounds', so I am now doubly excited to get this game next week!

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

180. Posted:

suburban_sensei wrote:

Really want to get this knowing how much content it has, and only being $30. It's just weird it's said "unavailable" on Amazon the past few days, does anybody know if it will be available to order or why it isn't anymore? I wanted to get it from Amazon since I have $10 credit there, I can get the game for just $20! Also while the online multiplayer will be great, I really hope there is a local way to play that allows me to just hand the 3DS to my friends.

I ordered mine on the Canadian Amazon site, but that's weird it's disappeared from the American one now. It was just on there a day or two ago for $29.99.

Beetlejuice