3DS Forum

Topic: Mario Golf: World Tour

Showing 121 to 140 of 389

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

121. Posted:

Lol. Its on the home page as well! They beat you to it this time but thanks for all the updates!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

122. Posted:

Press release:
"REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–When Mario Golf: World Tour launches for the Nintendo 3DS system on May 2, it will feature robust regional and worldwide online tournaments hosted by Nintendo, as well as custom tournaments that can be created by players. All players who own the game and have a wireless broadband Internet connection can enter the Nintendo-hosted tournaments by simply checking their SpotPass notifications for upcoming and available tournaments, playing in the event and uploading their scores before the event deadline. Players can even monitor their progress by checking the leaderboards to see where they stand. Tournaments can be accessed in Mario Golf mode or using one of the entry machines in the new Castle Club. There will be a variety of different tournaments, ranging from larger competitions to smaller-scale events like longest-drive challenges, coin-gathering challenges or even speed golf.
Nintendo is also collaborating with Callaway Golf (a global golf gear manufacturer) to host its own series of special in-game tournaments that will begin on May 22. The tournaments will be activated using the SpotPass feature, and all players who participate will receive in-game digital Callaway Golf items such as golf clubs and golf balls, which will enhance the players’ stats when used by their Mii characters. Winners of all in-game tournaments – including the Callaway tournaments – are determined by the highest submitted score, and winners will receive in-game coins that can be used to acquire more gear in Toad’s Shop in Castle Club. Starting at launch, a schedule for select tournaments will be available at http://mariogolf.nintendo.com/tournaments.
In addition to tournaments, the Mario Golf: World Tour game rounds out its suite of online multiplayer features by letting players create public or private communities. Want to play a multiplayer match with only Birdo as a playable character? Want to limit the number of Ice Flower item shots players can use? Want to slow down the wind on golf courses like DK Jungle, Bowser’s Castle and Sky Island? By creating communities and private tournaments, players can customize every aspect of the multiplayer experience to form a vast amount of fun new challenges.
Players eager to tee off in Mario Golf: World Tour will get a chance to try the game before launch when a downloadable demo is released in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on April 24.
Mario Golf: World Tour will launch in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on May 2 at a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information about the game, visit http://mariogolf.nintendo.com."
http://nintendoeverything.com/international-tournaments-put-t...

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

123. Posted:

Hey wait 29.99?? My wallet loves you Nintendo!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

superanjario

124. Posted:

Sky Island confirmed as another course. I bet it's the one referenced on my last post (Wario bomb clip).

That makes 10 courses. After reviewing the official Japanese site, I think the Mountain & Desert courses are the same thing. At this point we know about: Forest; Beach; Mountain/Desert; Wiggler Park; Peach Castle; Yoshi Island; Cheep Cheep Lagoon; DK Jungle; Bowser's Castle; and Sky Island.

superanjario

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

125. Posted:

Intro and Opening Cutscene (does not star Wario and Waluigi)

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

126. Posted:

Screenshots:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-golf-world-tour-screensho...

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

127. Posted:

EU Mario Golf demo has 10 uses if anyone was curious.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

128. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Impressions, Impressions!!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

129. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Impressions, Impressions!!

I need to play some more first but I will say characters seem more expressive then in Open.
Edit: Also 5 courses available to play, graphics seem a slight step up from Open and the music is nice.
Edit 2: Seems to be 17 character slots.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

130. Posted:

With no upgrades at all I have managed to birdie every hole using Peach on each of the courses that have 3 available holes to play. (The thing for Star Players is there).

It uses the very old press a buttons at the right time method.

The two special games are miles harder.

I was hoping they would have changed the way to do shots more than this.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

131. Posted:

The Japanese website has opened with these details:
-126 holes, 10 courses
-1GB storage required (8,192 blocks)
-1-4 players online tournaments
-Confirms DLC
-No download play, 2-4 local play, StreetPass trading of Mii info
-Challenge modes include collection star coins on courses, collecting 100 coins over 3 holes, character matches, beating which will unlock characters
-StreetPass Miis will appear in your Princess Club, allowing you to check their gear and clubs.
-16 characters; Mario, Luigi, Peach, Kamek, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Daisy, Waluigi, Wario, Boo, Red Koopa, Yoshi, Bowser Jr., Toad, Birdo.
http://nintendoeverything.com/japanese-mario-golf-world-tour-...

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

132. Posted:

Oh my God this is looking better and better every second of the day!!!!!!!!!!! Am I the only one who really enjoyed Open????? Found it to be a pretty decent game, by no means the best, but pretty darn good (guess it helps I had never played a Mario Tennis game before...:P) Looks like I may be getting this come May (gotta save some for Tomodachi though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

133. Posted:

Nintendo UK showed three new courses:
Sky Island
Untitled
DK Jungle
Untitled
Bowser's Castle
Untitled

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

SDDMN

134. Posted:

Wow, World Tour's really shaping up to be the best Mario Golf game to date. Less than two weeks to go!

SDDMN

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

135. Posted:

Huge amount of DLC has been announced, including characters!

"Nintendo is offering players the opportunity to nearly double the amount of content they can play in the Mario Golf: World Tour game, which launches May 2 for the portable Nintendo 3DS system. With 10 courses and 126 holes (an amount equivalent to previous games in the franchise), extensive multiplayer modes as well as regional and worldwide tournaments, the main game offers plenty of content for golf fans already. But players who can’t get enough golf and want to expand their experiences can purchase up to a total of 108 new downloadable holes and additional Mushroom Kingdom golfers. The DLC opens up further challenging courses for players to enjoy as they test their skills (broadband Internet access is required)."

“We’re letting fans expand their experience with Mario Golf: World Tour,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Some players might be content hitting the links on the numerous courses already included with the game, while others will appreciate the option of being able to add to their fairway fun with new courses and characters.

The downloadable content for the game will be released in three separate packs: the Mushroom Pack launching on May 2, the Flower Pack launching later in May and the Star Pack launching in June. Each pack includes two new 18-hole courses and a new playable character. Players will receive Toadette with the Mushroom Pack, Nabbit with the Flower Pack and Rosalina with the Star Pack.
Each pack will be available for $5.99 from Toad’s Booth, which can be found in the main menu of the game. Mario Golf: World Tour owners who know they want to buy all three add-on packs can buy a Season Pass at a discounted rate of $14.99 starting May 2. Season Pass holders will get access to each new pack as it becomes available, and will receive a special bonus of Gold Mario as a playable character at the time of purchase. Gold Mario has a special Golden Flower shot that gains coins for every yard it travels. For those who purchase all three packs individually, Gold Mario will also be available once all packs have been released. Nintendo will also offer Trial Tournaments for consumers interested in trying out a sample of the downloadable courses before deciding to purchase. Consumers who own the game and download the Trial Pack will be able to participate in these online tournaments."

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-golf-world-tour-lets-play...

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

cpm

136. Posted:

sounds great.

cpm

3DS Friend Code: 4012-3492-9863 | Nintendo Network ID: cpm001 | Twitter: clintonmck

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

137. Posted:

Forget Rosalina, I WANT TOADETTE!!!!!

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

138. Posted:

DLC SCREENSHOTS

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Honestly, the last one looks promising if it's Rosalina DLC Pack.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

139. Posted:

That's a great price for the season pass. Count me in! I want it all!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MrPanic

140. Posted:

Damn Nintendo, take my money already!

Seriously though, 6 extra 18-hole courses as dlc is way more than I was hoping for, this game is a definite candidate for to be played for years.

"Time flies when you throw your watch in the sky."
3DS: 0946-2616-2379