Forums

Topic: Mario and Sonic Rio 2016 (3DS version)

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

lightningbolt79

Use this thread to talk about Mario and Sonic Rio 2016, but only the 3DS version of the game please.

By the way...

What is Mario and Sonic Rio 2016 like compared to Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games? Is it better or worse? Are the events, modes, characters and story better or worse? (I'm talking about the 3ds versions of the games)

Edited on by Eel

lightningbolt79

Eel

There's players of the 3ds game on the WiiU thread.

But you know what? This one won't be closed. It will be transformed.

There you go, a perfectly applicable thread you can use. Creating a thread to discuss the game in general is better than creating a thread for each individual question.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blue_Blur

I would say Rio 3DS is much better than London 3DS in a lot of ways.

The story mode, Road to Rio, is better, in my opinion than London, since the goal is to get all the gold medals with your Mii by competing and training in gyms that are ran by characters, while figuring out a mystery. You level up your Mii and get different outfits for them to wear to get better stats for certain events. There are no curtain-movie like cutscenes like in London. The cutscenes are much more smooth and work well for the story. The events in the training are pretty much the same as the London ones, but some of those events are only playable in the story mode, and not in single player mode.

There is a marathon mode, which works by taking steps with your 3DS. The more steps you take, the more of the marathon you run, and you win prizes (clothing) for your Mii to wear by completing tracks. Then there is a versus medley mode, but I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say much about it. Then there's records, and a checklist to complete full of missions. It's like Kirby Airride's checklist if you've ever played that. EDIT: Sm4sh's checklist is a much better example of the checklist. Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. XD -end edit- And of course, there's the single player mode with regular and dream events, just like in London, but with some different events.

There are many new characters in this game, like Jet, Wave, Rouge, Dr. Eggman Nega, Larry, Ludwig, Dry Bowser, Rosalina, etc.. Each character is only playable in a couple of events (with the exception of Mario, Sonic, and your Mii), but most characters should be playable in each event in the upcoming Wii U version.

So yeah, I think Rio is much better than London. The only thing I miss from London is the badge collection, but that didn't really effect the game anyway. I think the Wii U version will be better, but the 3DS version is still very fun.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Broken_Fantasy

@Blue_Blur: Sounds pretty fun! Any annoying/janky mechanics?

3DS Friend Code: 1908-0863-9081

3DS Friend Code: 1908-0863-9081 | Nintendo Network ID: Jaybdd | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

@JBDD: Nothing really annoying comes to mind, so that's a good thing! XD I guess my only complaints would be:

-It's easy, even with CPU's on Hard
-Characters are limited to certain events (only some in Wii U version)
-Most of the London events aren't playable in single player mode

Those are pretty small complaints though, so nothing deal-breaking if you're thinking about getting the game. If you liked London, I think you'll enjoy Rio as well.

EDIT: Some character restrictions are in the Wii U version after all.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Broken_Fantasy

@Blue_Blur: Hmm well I never played the London version, but wouldn't mind giving Rio a chance.. Would be nice if there was a demo.

3DS Friend Code: 1908-0863-9081

3DS Friend Code: 1908-0863-9081 | Nintendo Network ID: Jaybdd | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

There was a demo for London, but I just checked the eShop and couldn't find it. Probably took it off, unfortunately. A demo for Rio would've been nice, too...

noahsklar02

This game was not fun at all and the character selection was so little on each event and it would have been better if it did the game would have been better

noahsklar02

Kimyonaakuma

@Meowpheel A thread that hasn't been locked is a rare thing to see these days

Kimyonaakuma

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.