Forums

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

Posts 181 to 199 of 199

AlexSora89

@meleebrawler
You should really elaborate on arcades featuring Donkey Kong, because "featuring Donkey Kong" can take a whole new meaning.

I don't quite have lots o' loot, because I'm from the Boot.

http://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89
(Currently seeking Stars.)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6287-1558 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexSora89

meleebrawler

@AlexSora89 Yeah, uh, if there was an actual playable Donkey Kong game in here we probably would heard about it long ago.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

AlexSora89

@meleebrawler
Dammit, they actually want us to buy the NES Mini, do they.

TheTetrisGuy

@AlexSora89 Oh dear, don't get me started on the NES Classic. To this day I'm still salty. Hopefully next summer...

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

DreamyViridi

OK, so I completed the main game yesterday. I forgot how somewhat quickly the endgame can creep up on you. ...Hoo boy, the endgame was fun. Most of the Koopaling fights have been revamped, one of which is completely new and I loved it.

Got to hear the final boss theme since I heard that the remix was disappointing and yeah; as expected it's pretty great to me. Final boss itself though was the only place in the game where 1-ups were needed since I took off the Bonus Ring halfway through the play through in fear of being overleveled only for the last couple bosses to be slightly higher in level as a result.

All that's really leaves now is the rest of Bowser's Minions.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AlexSora89

@DreamyViridi
Please tell me the post-game has some of the QOL changes seen in later installments. Heart blocks are in, and so are warp pipes and shops in Hoohoo Village as far as I've heard, which is great news to me.
Similarly, OP gear such as the usual infinite items/gain HP every turn/gain BP every turn and all that good stuff is also in.
Now please tell me there's a boss rematch mode akin to BiS, DT and PJ (hammering Tolstar's face in? It is something that needs to happen!), and a rebuilt Beanbean Castle Town. There's no real reason to have it horrifically destroyed after saving the game post-Bowletta.

DreamyViridi

@AlexSora89 - Well, the game does save after completion but... like all the other M&Ls, the game acts as if you didn't beat the final boss afterwards (so yeah, the town will still be in ruins and Bowletta still around to fight again).

Going back into the file puts you in front of Beanbean Castle to do whatever you want but sorry to say that doing boss rematches will not be one of those things.

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AlexSora89

@DreamyViridi
Ouch. Crudbaskets.

Well, at least the fact I couldn't get the game at launch will be more tolerable now. Still, why they didn't add the Battle Ring, I'll never know. I really wanted to beat the living tar out of Chuckolator.

meleebrawler

You know, this game has a lot of bosses compared to games featuring the Battle Ring... but they're almost all very simple by comparison. The fun thing about the Ring was making the bosses strong enough to make you aware of attack patterns that you didn't notice or shrugged off before... you don't really get that in a game where most bosses have three moves, max.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

StableInvadeel

Oh well to be fair, post game or not, at least they put you somewhere else so you can easily go and do the things you missed.

In the original you had to walk all the way to the exit of bowsers castle if you wanted to do anything else besides fighting the last boss again...

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TheSuperStarSaga

How do people feel about this?

Untitled

It's made me not want to get the remake.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga DX + Bowsers Minions looks perfect.... except for the needless removal of the Flight Suit Koopas. Never going to get over that.

DreamyViridi

Really starting to not care about that pic. Never mind the fact that the picture is heavily biased...
Where's Dr. Toadley, the other doctor who diagnoses Mario, the several different coloured Toads, the entire Rescue Squad, the Train Engineer, the French-speaking waiter...

In the case of SS; you only see Toads for like 5% of the whole adventure anyway. Almost every other notable NPC is present in the remake. Only exception where the change feels a bit weird is a bit of dialogue where a Toad says "Oooh man, that girl scares me.", which feels a bit uncanny all things considered.

Mario Maker Levels

DreamyViridi

@Dev - I agree on the subject of difficulty. Well, mostly. Hermie III gave me a bit of trouble since he can get really fast with those claw attacks. Also Wiggler can actually take a hit now and I like how Trunkle covers his tree after hitting it. I feel that most of the bosses reach their "pinch" mode a little too quickly but at least the endgame bosses do have some challenge (if you're not overleveled). Wendy and Cackletta Soul almost caused a Game Over for me. Ludwig caused several due to mistiming the last guard. I swear if you let the magic ball get too close; your hammer goes through it instead of hitting it back...

That said I think part of the problem is the new equipment. The OG Superstar Saga had some broken stuff too but for example, the "Bat Wear" that Cackletta drops in the remake have the 0-damage barriers from Dream Team attached.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

bellow

I think I'm in the endgame of this. Got a little bit stuck at one point trying to figure out where I was supposed to go on the map to 'learn how to surf.'

The answer to my problem was very much in keeping with the nature of the game. Mad.

Edited on by bellow

bellow

AlexSora89

@DreamyViridi
I have the very same problem with the Zee Egg attack in Dream Team. It's very easy to mess it up.

Don

Did they change Ludwig Koopa’s Battle completely from the GBA version?

Don

AlexSora89

@Dev
Of course, but it's always been there. The punchline to Joke's End is the punch in the face players get in Bowser's Castle, which makes Joke's End a joke. That's the joke.
Untitled

Get it?

Untitled

Eagle9

Bowser Minions is funny but simple, i play that too cause why not

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic