Forums

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

Posts 141 to 160 of 199

StableInvadeel

To be honest, the better controls (the game is still awkward though) actually make the game easier to enjoy. The different backgrounds also help in keeping the game interesting... I mean, at least you have the incentive of "I wonder what background is next" to keep going.

The prospect of 4-player multiplayer also makes it better in my eyes, though I could never find even one other person to play with.

But I don't think they'll add it to this one. They'd probably rather have you buy it separately (specially since the arcade version is "new" on the switch).

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TheTetrisGuy

Reviews are in. Seems good all around. 😀

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

AlexSora89

Ironically, despite me liking the game also for Mario Bros. and hoping for Superstar Saga's inclusion among the 3DS GBA Ambassador titles (remember those?), I still have access to the GBA version of Mario Bros. via Yoshi's Island. Sheer luck.

I don't quite have lots o' loot, because I'm from the Boot.

http://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89
(Currently seeking Stars.)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6287-1558 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexSora89

Yellowtails

Playing 4 player Mario Bros. in classic mode and battle mode really made that mode great. It was awesome 4 player chaos before New Super Mario Bros Wii made it cool.

Yellowtails

AlexSora89

@Yellowtails
I have to look some of that gameplay up.

AlexSora89

'sup folks? I hear from the Super Mario Wiki that the game can be saved... after the final boss.

Restored Beanbean Castle town anyone? Can anyone confirm this?

TheTetrisGuy

Can't confirm, that would be a series first though, I think.

Who's getting the game day 1? I'll be waiting a little while.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

bellow

i've got it. I'm off work sick and I've managed 3 hours already! Never played this the first time around, and i'm a big fan of dream team bros, so I've been loving it. But, damn it, where's the 3D. Just seems a bit lazy. As it happens (especially looking at the coming months for the Switch) I've long thought this would be my last real go with the 3ds. I'm glad it's with a classic game that I never played before (my first was Ocarina) but i'm rather sad they ditched the one thing that brings a bit of magic to playing on this console. Still. It's a really funny game when all's said and done. I've been chuckling along all day.

bellow

meleebrawler

Has nobody noticed the game running at 60 FPS, unlike the previous 3D entries? It may not be unique, but it's still a nice compromise.

They've also added a warp pipe in Hoohoo Village as well as a guy who sells Nuts.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

bellow

I'm not saying it looks bad. It was just a bit of a shock, after all the care that went into the Zelda remakes.

bellow

AlexSora89

@meleebrawler
That's a pretty big QOL change already. Shop and warp pipe? That should have been a thing in the original as well.

meleebrawler

In case anyone's wondering, the Smash series of amiibo seem to work just as well as the Super Mario versions. Using Smash Mario got me the Chuckola Badge, which raises the drop rate for items.

Don

Since both Partners in Time and Bowser’s Inside Story were released on the DS, the 3DS is near the end of its lifespan and the Switch has only one screen, I guess there’s no hope of them remastering these titles next

Don

Don

meleebrawler wrote:

@TheTetrisGuy I dunno, but what else could it be other than a hard cap on the potential damage increase? Well, there's still the Great Force. And apparently the Duplex Crown from recent titles if you 100% complete the main game.

All in all, if you don't play on easy mode this game seems poised to be much harder than the original, especially later on; bosses there have apparently gotten significant revamps, in addition to the "rage mode" seen in Paper Jam.

How do you select easy mode? I don’t recall given an option to select the difficulty when I started the file.

Don

TheTetrisGuy

@Don It's in the menu, where you manage items and gear. You can turn it on and off at will.

Edited on by TheTetrisGuy

TheTetrisGuy

@Don No problem😃

DreamyViridi

As expected, I'm really enjoying the game so far. Since I played the original many times, what intrigues me is spotting the differences and changes. The remake adds new equipment and accessories and the "information store" in Beanbean Castle Town now functions as an "achievements" place. Having just done Woohoo University, I was surprised to see Mechakoopas outright replacing Mecha-Chomps as enemies; an interesting choice.

I also put some times into the Bowser's Minions game. It's OK for now, a nice side distraction. I can definitely see why some find it a bit boring at times though.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

meleebrawler

@DreamyViridi It has all the makings of a mobile game, without the microtransaction shortcuts. Fortunately the story is very entertaining, especially for series veterans, and doubly so for those who've played Bowser's Inside Story.

TheTetrisGuy

Yeah, Minion Quest as a whole seems to be better received than I expected.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic