Forums

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

Posts 101 to 120 of 199

meleebrawler

@Meowpheel But Cackletta's never been shown able to do that (possession isn't the same thing). If she could, couldn't she just do that to the Bros. in order to get them to fix the plumbing and skip the charade? Or do that to anyone in the castle and order them to hand over the Beanstar? Or do that to Prince Peasley instead of turning him into a weird dragon... the list goes on.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

meleebrawler

@Meowpheel The primary antagonist of Bowser's Minions seems to be considered Fawful, in the most recent clips his logo represents the enemies you're fighting. Now Fawful HAS been known to use brainwashing as seen in Inside Story, but if it's true he has access to that ability here, it still begs the question why they didn't try using that at any other point. Maybe Fawful was too submissive towards Cackletta to suggest it until the end?

meleebrawler

@CreamyDream What do hit points have anything to do with first strikes? What matters there is attack power, which is where Mario shines.

TheTetrisGuy

Wow the PAL box art looks SO much better than the NA box art. Doesn't change the game but still...

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

AlexSora89

I want to spoil myself on two QOL changes I hope will get carried over from more recent M&L games. Namely:
1) Boss rematches?
2) Game-breaking gear? (E.g. pants that heal you every turn combined with badges that recharge your Bros. Points by Attacking / infinite item-granting wear / something along those lines)

I don't quite have lots o' loot, because I'm from the Boot.

http://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89
(Currently seeking Stars.)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6287-1558 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexSora89

meleebrawler

@AlexSora89 Game-breaking gear has been a part of the series from the very beginning, whether intentional or not.

AlexSora89

@meleebrawler
I'll tell you what I'm talking about:
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. - Mario and Luigi both have Wellington Boots, Pro Hammer, King Wear, Bottomless Gloves, Angel Bangle and have Quick Level, Gear Slot +1, Gear Slot +1, Badge Stock +1 and Casual Bros. as their Rank-Up Bonuses.
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. - Mario is equipped with Bros. Boots, Spin Hammer, Pro Wear, Bottomless Gloves, Mix Badge DX; Luigi is equipped with Heart Boots, Blunt Hammer, Pro Wear, Bottomless Gloves, Mix Badge; Paper Mario is equipped with Comet Boots, Comet Hammer, Comet Wear, BP Gloves, Trio Ring; as far as Status goes, both Mario and Luigi have Gear Slot +1, Gear Slot +1, Iron Body, Counterer, Casual Bros., Quick Item and Quick Healer as their Rank-up Bonuses while Paper Mario has Gear Slot +1, Gear Slot +1, Iron Body, Copy Max +2, Casual Bros., Quick Copy and Copy Max +2 as his Rank-up Bonuses.

Are similar setups available in the SS remake?

meleebrawler

@AlexSora89 There doesn't appear to be rank-ups at all, so no bonuses there. However, several new pieces of gear were added.

AlexSora89

@meleebrawler
Still great. Any infinite items-granting gloves? Auto-healing wear? Stuff that makes you heal without wasting a turn?

meleebrawler

Yeah, the Wool Trousers for HP and I think the Soulful Bros. badge for BP.

AlexSora89

@meleebrawler
Does the Soulful Bros. badge need amiibo? [I'm already fearing the answer.]
And please don't tell me there's only one of that...

TheTetrisGuy

@AlexSora89 What each amibo does hasn't been revealed yet. If I had to guess, it would be gear new to the game, if it was trying to be faithful to the original.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

AlexSora89

@TheTetrisGuy
That's what I fear. I don't recall the gear I've grown accostumed to being in the original game, and I kind of take the Bottomless Gloves for granted.

TheTetrisGuy

@AlexSora89 Personaly if they have the mush badge I'm happy😄

AlexSora89

@TheTetrisGuy
It will most likely be in.

meleebrawler

It's apparently been nerfed into the ground, though.

TheTetrisGuy

@meleebrawler Do you know how? I haven't heard a thing about it.

AlexSora89

@meleebrawler
With all those "how broken Mush Badges are" videos on YouTube, it's obvious the subjects got unwanted attention.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic