Forums

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Posts 621 to 640 of 641

Mister_Wu

CM30 wrote:

And hey, in case you want to play much of the game as Paper Mario on his own... well, there's a glitch for that too:

My sound recording stuff doesn't work, so I have to overdub the music for 3DS games.

Really nice! You can also fight some bosses only with him (not talking about Battle Ring or the final bosses, of course)?

Mister_Wu

CM30

You can fight any normal enemies, but some cutscenes freeze the game. So I'm not sure what bosses you can fight with him. Might be most of them, might be none of them.

Can't fight the final boss though. Door to him doesn't work if you're only playing as Paper Mario (it acts like there's an invisible wall there).

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Mister_Wu

CM30 wrote:

You can fight any normal enemies, but some cutscenes freeze the game. So I'm not sure what bosses you can fight with him. Might be most of them, might be none of them.

Can't fight the final boss though. Door to him doesn't work if you're only playing as Paper Mario (it acts like there's an invisible wall there).

Well, at least this works as intended. The fight against Morton, Iggy and Lemmy would be impossible if you are playing only as Paper Mario.

Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

CM30 wrote:

True. And I suspect the cutscenes before the other fights would probably freeze the game anyway.

Anyway, using the glitches, it should be possible to enter the Morton, Iggy and Lemmy fight underleveled and defeat Mario & Luigi only with the Morton cards, while keeping Paper Mario alive using the copy ability! I wonder what would happen in that case!

Mister_Wu

CM30

Probably the same thing that happens when you don't have enough people for the trampoline guard in other boss battles:

Except you get one hit killed instead.

The glider and boomerang phases are interesting, but... that could be hard to test. You always start last in this battle, so Mario, Luigi and Paper Mario will be alive for the first chase sequence series. If you win the first one, stay alive a while and then they come back... that could be interesting.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

Twitter:

Blue_Blur

Still slowly playing through this game on my first run-through, and I just beat the Chargin' Chucks.

After that fight, I totally agree with everyone that thinks the difficulty changes radically in the game. Most battles, besides the Pokey Boss Battle wasn't too challenging to me. I managed to survive the battle without getting any game over's, only thanks to stocking up on 1-Ups!

Still loving the game, though! I like the harder difficultly; I just wish some areas better prepared you for the upcoming boss fight. I think this game is going to be my new favorite M&L game; I'll make the final decision once I beat the game, but it already beats Dream Team, in my opinion.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Tops

I have to be honest, I'm not enjoying this very much. The only Toad-finding segment I've enjoyed so far was the block-breaking one, where you need to get them down without crushing them. I liked that it was more of a puzzle rather than running around trying to find or chase them, but it was easy and I finished it within a minute or two. I'm also not a huge fan of the papercraft battles, but I prefer them to the Toad hunts (marginally).

Even besides those segments I'm finding it all a bit tedious. Quite a shame, really. I think I may be burned out on the series.

Tops

Blue_Blur

Tops wrote:

I'm also not a huge fan of the papercraft battles, but I prefer them to the Toad hunts (marginally).

I agree about the Papercraft battles. They sounded a lot cooler than they turned out to be, imo. Actually, I kinda dread them, especially when it's not Papercraft Luigi. I do really like the Toad rescue missions, though. I find them quite fun.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

CM30

I don't dread the papercraft battles, since they're simply not hard enough. You pretty much can't lose unless you really, really suck at the game.

Heck, you can avoid ever getting attacked in one by making sure the boss isn't visible on screen. It can be right behind you, but if the camera can't see it... it'll never attack.

As for Toad missions... Screw them. Especially the stealth stuff.

On a few other notes... yeah, it's pretty broken:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_hXCr8GXhARZjmKf4zrlE...

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Currently playing though Dream Team before I even consider picking this up and even then I don't know if I could sit through another whole game like this back to back. I do really want this but not knowing when I'll play it makes me want to wait to see if I can get it on sale some time down the road.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CM30

@Mister_Wu: No. There was a really... weird way to get out of bounds in Dream Team:

(if you ran from battle at the right point and angle, you could clip through walls, somehow).

And similar things existed:

But this game is on another level. It's like, the walls aren't built properly. Any time there's a certain style of wall, you can go right through if you move in the right way. Seriously, all four bugs shown below were ones I found today, through minimal effort, thanks to the same type of wall being badly programmed:

No, you don't need to be Paper Mario on his own to use any of them, it's just much easier that way because of how strange his hitbox is. And that last one... the same room (I think) has two OTHER glitches to go out of bounds in it.

Either way, yes it was built on Dream Team's engine. But the way the walls and level geometry is set up in this game is done in such a way that clipping through objects takes minimal effort.

Twitter:

Mister_Wu

@CM30: So, in your opinion, it's more a design problem than an engine problem? They created elements that just don't work well with the Dream Team's engine?

Mister_Wu

CM30

Mister_Wu wrote:

@CM30: So, in your opinion, it's more a design problem than an engine problem? They created elements that just don't work well with the Dream Team's engine?

Exactly. Almost every time you can go out of bounds, it's because the rocks or geography nearby have a certain structure.

Of course, it then doesn't help that Trio Grab just breaks a lot of stuff in general. It has questionable collision detection, and compresses the party into the equivalent of one tile.

Twitter:

Rumorlife

I really wanted this but everytime I take a peek in here, I just see the word "glitch" over and over and over followed by pictures and videos of what happened. /sigh I really feel like I can't care about this anymore unless the price drops down

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

CM30

Dankykong wrote:

I really wanted this but everytime I take a peek in here, I just see the word "glitch" over and over and over followed by pictures and videos of what happened. /sigh I really feel like I can't care about this anymore unless the price drops down

To be fair, the glitches arguably make the game more fun than it'd be otherwise. It's surprisingly entertaining just to try and break this game.

But you might still want to wait for a price drop, since a lot of the game is... somewhat lacking content and ideas wise.

Twitter:

Socar

My thoughts on the game so far....

I like how funny the starting of the game is as I laughed here and there especially the part where both Bowsers fight. Love the battle music that they brought back from Super Star Saga!

As soon as you get Paper Mario, some things get a bit rough like forcing yourself to use all three buttons to jump on certain platforms and such. Some enemies are hard to dodge their attacks and while that's the reason why the emergency block is used (which plays similar to the Paper Mario RPGs) I don't use it that often.

Bosses are just as challenging as Dream Team so no issues there though I find the airplane mode a bit hard to make perfect dodges during boss fights.

A nice detail they put on Peach's characters which explains more about herself.

I honestly don't see the point of papercraft mode since the bosses so far are a joke. I've only beaten two of them.

I've still yet to beat the game. I'm on the part where I beaten the Paper Petey piranha.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic