Forums

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Posts 601 to 620 of 641

Mister_Wu

CM30 wrote:

Okay, this glitch is just beautiful:

https://gamingreinvented.com/news/nintendo3dsnews/new-mario-l...

By some miracle of bad programming, there's a glitch that literally lets you win battles by losing them. Hooray, the game now has an official super guide for boss battles!

Now that's awesome:
-Mario & Luigi & Paper Mario win
-the Koopalings win too
-and you even finish the game!
Now that's the Mario game I was waiting!
Let's hope that the next Paper Mario for Wii U allows you to do this without actually breaking the game...

Mister_Wu

PikPi

Were all the games this glitchy?

PikPi

CM30

Well, I had a bit of fun messing around with Luigi on his own:

If you use a glitch to escape Gloomy Woods when Luigi is without Mario and Paper Mario, he can go and fight enemies and do stuff on his alone. Unfortunately, I also skipped so much of the game that Luigi was way underlevel for that point (level 9) and got destroyed by any enemy.

Also, he can't use pipes on his own, so it means that you're pretty much limited to Gloomy Woods, the first part of Mount Brrr and a small part of Sunbeam Plains.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Rexcalibr

@Mister_Wu:

I can accept the Koopalings aren't Bowser's children but I'd like to think he's their uncle or something, and that they ARE in fact siblings.

Rexcalibr

Mister_Wu

Rexcalibr wrote:

@Mister_Wu:

I can accept the Koopalings aren't Bowser's children but I'd like to think he's their uncle or something, and that they ARE in fact siblings.

Well, much depends on where you live.
If you live in Japan, "Clan of the 7 Koopas" is pretty much the best you'll get from current depictions.
If you live in Europe but not in Germany, they are brothers and their relationship with Bowser is somewhat familiar without any explicit reveal.
If you live in Northern America, you're a bit luckier: http://play.nintendo.com/activities/polls/bowsers-new-years-r...
If you live in Germany, you have a translation team on your side attempting to fully restore the original depiction (including being Bowser's children)!

Mister_Wu

Tops

What's the likelihood of stumbling across these glitches? I haven't started playing my copy yet and would just like a heads up.

Tops

BurningSonic

So I'm like halfway through Neo Bowser Castle and I'm getting destroyed by all the enemies. I'm currently level 27 with everyone. What's the recommend level?

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Rexcalibr

The bosses in this game are tough. It took me a few tries to beat the Pokey brothers and Roy and Wendy were kind of hard too. It definitely takes me practice to get the timing to dodge certain attacks correctly.

Rexcalibr

TeeJay

@Rexcalibr: I agree. The bods fights in this game are actually challenging and I love that. Especially the Koopalings. I'm not sure if there was supposed to be a better way to beat them but I found that in all the Koopaling battles aside from the last one before the final boss killing one of them triggers the other to spam a OHKO attack every turn from then on, and I can't for the life of me properly telegraph that attack. I usually have to either get lucky by pressing all three buttons to counterattack or be lucky enough to have a damage nullifying card on standby.

Edited on by TeeJay

TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Henmii

There, beaten the endboss! I didn't have that much trouble with the endboss, but that may be because I levelled up to Star-level!

Henmii

Mister_Wu

@Detective_TeeJay: It isn't really a 0HKO attack, just a very powerful one! If you're leveled up enough or use the overpowered cards I cannot mention because spoilers you should be able to resist even if you fail!

Mister_Wu

TeeJay

@Mister_Wu: Well if the cards you cannot mention becaude spoilers are the same cards I mentioned without the spoiler tag, then sure I had those on hand. Saved me several 1-ups.

TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Mister_Wu

@Detective_TeeJay: No, I was referring to the Koopalings cards, horribly overpowered cards that permanently lower all stats of the Koopalings by leveling them down by 5 levels and that can be used more than once in battles, making them really easy (and unfair and not really fun, in my opinion)

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

TeeJay

@Mister_Wu: Oh those! Y'know since I never knew when a koopaling battle was coming up I never was able to equip them before a battle, and they're way too situational to keep in my deck that can only hold 10 cards at all time.

TeeJay

Mister_Wu

@Detective_TeeJay: Don't worry, I think it's more interesting not to have them equipped, the best thing is learn how to send back the giant magic fireballs (just watch where the sparks are falling!), but if you can't, just level up a bit using the EXP cards and you'll be fine!

Mister_Wu

TeeJay

@Mister_Wu: Well I already finished the game some time ago so it's not like I'm stuck or anything, it was just a bit of a struggle.

TeeJay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic