3DS Forum

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Showing 521 to 538 of 538

AuthorMessage

paburrows

521. Posted:

So I got an update for Mario and Luigi today, does anyone know what its for?

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

AuthorMessage

Artwark

522. Posted:

@paburrows

Its probably for game glitches and the game freeze when you defeat antasema.

I defeated the Zeekeeper in hard mode and I'll be honest, he wasn't all that hard. Sure I lost four times but in the end if you get the pattern right, its really not that bad. Also I never had any problems with the gyro controls so I guess I never had any problems.

Now I'm in the last part of the game.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

Artwark

523. Posted:

I finally beaten the last giant boss in hard mode and I died several times with this one half day. Why is that? Because of that FOOT!

He stomps you on the foot instead of spitting a fireball. I had no idea of how you're suppose to counter it but its so annoying so I had to save my energy as much as possible just so he shoots the fireball and with luck I managed to avoid the comets and beated him in the end.

I'm sure the last two bosses won't be such a problem to me and I'm glad I've beaten all the giant battles!

AuthorMessage

Artwark

524. Posted:

I've beaten the game in hard mode and I enjoyed my time in Dream team. Its story may be straight forward but the humor and the music make up for it. This is way better than Sticker Star for all it matters.

A few things to say. Hard mode isn't that hard unless you know how to dodge attacks. The giant battles can be hard but not by much. Overall its a great game only problem is that it plays very similar to Bowser's inside story. I would recommend this game to any 3DS owner.

I can't wait to see another Mario rpg game. There's so much of charm in them.

I don't think we're gonna see another mario rpg game for a long time. Infact i think another one will show up after two years maybe.

AuthorMessage

CM30

525. Posted:

You think? Some people suspect Intelligent Systems might be working on a new Paper Mario game for the Wii U or something. There's a possibility there.

And well, what else does AlphaDream make bar the Mario & Luigi series now? I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on game number 5 right now. Still, guess that could take a few years to develop.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Artwark

526. Posted:

@CM30

After the disappointment of sticker star, I don't think they will rush up to make another Paper Mario game although I feel its likely to happen.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

527. Posted:

@Artwark
Sticker Star was a disappointment? I know some people hate it with a passion and those are the most vocal people, but I don't think it was a disappointment overall.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

528. Posted:

A lot of the people who actually enjoyed Sticker Star (including myself) keep to themselves.
It's the loud mouths who didn't enjoy the game that for some reason, make it their mission to constantly bring up the game's shortcomings...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Don't mind Dark Pit, he's just here to annoy the haters...
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

CM30

529. Posted:

Personally, a lot of my critiques of Sticker Star are meant to remind Nintendo that no, Mario RPGs not having a story is not a good idea and that Mario & Luigi Dream Team is the direction the Mario RPG 'franchise' should go in.

Got to make it clear to Nintendo that Club Nintendo's survey takers are a bunch of idiots and that what Miyamoto did to Sticker Star's story was a terrible thing.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

530. Posted:

@CM30
Because that strategy always works.

But getting back on topic, I really, really need to play this game. It sucks having such a large backlog :|

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

Artwark

531. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Personally, a lot of my critiques of Sticker Star are meant to remind Nintendo that no, Mario RPGs not having a story is not a good idea and that Mario & Luigi Dream Team is the direction the Mario RPG 'franchise' should go in.

Got to make it clear to Nintendo that Club Nintendo's survey takers are a bunch of idiots and that what Miyamoto did to Sticker Star's story was a terrible thing.

How was Miyamoto involved in this part is something I don't understand.

Look to be fair Sticker Star is an ok game that plays safe. Its just that the gameplay is just as pointless as New Super Mario Bros 2. Hit ? blocks to get stickers, defeat enemies to get coins to get stickers, use things to turn them into stickers, use stickers to get more stickers, solving puzzles gives you more things and you need stickers to play the game and you need to use a particular sticker to solve a puzzle otherwise you LOSE THE STICKER YOU WORKED HARD FOR!!!!. Now I can understand that if the stickers were something like Thousand Year Door where you had crystal stars as a special move or something, then FINE. I'M OK WITH THAT!!!!! But why do you need stickers to do a BASIC ATTACK????? It makes the game completely dull because you can use stickers to kill the challenge.

The worst part of Sticker Star is backtracking because if you have no idea where you're suppose to go, there is no fortune teller to say so. So you need to explore the areas again or talk to people to get hints. Kertsie doesn't help much either.

To those who enjoyed sticker star, kudos to you because that's all it matters. Because I myself was curious about the game until at the very end I realized the point of it....THERE IS NO CHALLENGE!!!!! AND THAT'S WHY I LOVE DREAM TEAM BETTER THAN STICKER STAR!!!!!!!

@Capnpancakes
If you played the original paper mario, thousand year door and super paper mario, you'll see my point.

Edited on by Artwark

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

532. Posted:

@Artwark
I have played all the Paper Mario games and I still enjoy Sticker Star. I think people just expected it to be more like TTYD just because it had turn based combat again, and ended up being disappointed that it tried something different.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

533. Posted:

People dislike Sticker Star for actual valid reasons. I like the game but it's a good example of why changing things is a risk. It could work out really well, or force yourself to make your RPG less fun to make it work at all.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

NightmareXIV

534. Posted:

I haven't gotten around to beating the game I accidentally turned off my 3DS before saving, and I hadn't saved for HOURS, and rage quit after that.

Earlier release petiton

https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-release-popular-games-in-america-sooner#share

3DS Friend Code: 1134-7192-3429 | Nintendo Network ID: NightmareXIV

AuthorMessage

LinktotheFuture

535. Posted:

What level do you need to be to beat Bowser? I am level 45 and still getting my butt kicked.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

AuthorMessage

Artwark

536. Posted:

@Linkofthefuture

The final boss is not all that hard. all you have to do is use the jetboard that can damage his body. Originally you are suppose to destroy his left hand so that you can jump on his head. But doing so will give him the chance to heal himself and forcing you to defeat his dreamy minions.

One of the best and cheapest ways to beat him is to use the Miracle+Expert Badge combination which slows down time allowing you to easily hit his head and defeat him in just four turns.

Also you can go to the rainbow shop and get powerful equipment.

AuthorMessage

LinktotheFuture

537. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

@Linkofthefuture

The final boss is not all that hard. all you have to do is use the jetboard that can damage his body. Originally you are suppose to destroy his left hand so that you can jump on his head. But doing so will give him the chance to heal himself and forcing you to defeat his dreamy minions.

One of the best and cheapest ways to beat him is to use the Miracle+Expert Badge combination which slows down time allowing you to easily hit his head and defeat him in just four turns.

Also you can go to the rainbow shop and get powerful equipment.

I am not at that Bowser yet, I am at the one where you turn the 3DS on its side to play.

AuthorMessage

LinktotheFuture

538. Posted:

Finally beat him, man that was tough.