3DS Forum

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Showing 501 to 520 of 538

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

501. Posted:

Well then good for me because I thought it would be something impossible to do like Kirby Mass Attack. That game's completion is BRUTAL!

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

502. Posted:

So far I've beaten the first giant boss battle and now I'm on my way to wakeport in Hard Mode. I gotta say, so far the battles don't seem all that bad because I already know how to dodge the attacks.

@CM30

How many tries did it take you to beat the last three giant battles in hard mode?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

503. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

So far I've beaten the first giant boss battle and now I'm on my way to wakeport in Hard Mode. I gotta say, so far the battles don't seem all that bad because I already know how to dodge the attacks.

@CM30

How many tries did it take you to beat the last three giant battles in hard mode?

Many, many tries. As in, about half a day of failing to beat Earthwake and about two days worth when trying to beat the Zeekeeper. Of course, it helps if the gyro controls glitch found in the latter battle doesn't kick in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCL5Tn74GYI

But the sheer length of the battle and the amount that can go wrong makes it very, very annoying.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

504. Posted:

To people who have beaten this: Are the tutorials really as bad as people say they are?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MF_MaxiMillion

505. Posted:

I don't get why I'm playing the hell out of this... guess I'm just really occupied. Really look forward to do a Hard Mode run, but right now I'm at the Zeekeeper.

Love my 3DS, Fighting games and Zombies. Enuff' said.
Check out my website for reviews! MaxiMillion Reviews
~~~~~~~~~~
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Dream Address: 6200-2457-2458),
Want Soul Calibur 2 HD Online for Wii U? Support it here!

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6242-9163 | Twitter: MF_MaxiMillion

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

506. Posted:

WebHead wrote:

To people who have beaten this: Are the tutorials really as bad as people say they are?

I feel they hold your hand just a tad too much. I understand that they want to bring in new people, but It's a chore for those who played Mario & Luigi before, but after the tutorials are out of the way, the game gets much better, so don't let that keep you from getting the game.

I find it ridiculous that those tutorials still play even in Hard Mode, which only the experts would play!

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

507. Posted:

@WebHead

Unlike the other Mario and Luigi games where tutorials are in few occasions(And by that I mean in great timings!) Dream Team keeps giving tutorials repeatedly making it so frustrating. The worst part is that you have to go through all of these tutorials even in Hard Mode. Why?

But as DestinyMan said, the second part of the game starts to get interesting.

@DestinyMan Seeing how easy the bosses are in the game(for the most part) everyone who beated the game is already an expert!

Btw Has anyone done Hard mode playthrough for the giant battles? I really want to know.

Edited on by Artwark

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

508. Posted:

Just fought the giant volcano in Hard mode, died several times...so, yeah. As for regualr battles you just gotta be careful, because if you screwed up you may end up dying easily. (especially in the dream world and where enemies can cause the dizzy status) I also continue to forget to save, and when I die...ugh, gotta go through all that stuff again. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

509. Posted:

The regular boss battles in hard mode are not much if you use the Shield+Miracle Badge. It works because I lost three times to big massif because of the two attacks I can't get.

I just can't wait to see the challenge in the giant battles.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

510. Posted:

To be fair, I'd say the game's bosses are probably harder than those in the last three games (which can be taken any way you want). It's just that unlike in at least two of those games, the badge system in Dream Team is ridiculously overpowered to the point of being utterly broken. Seriously, you have to absolutely SUCK to lose with the Gold/MIracle badge or Silver/Miracle badge combos.

And the giant bosses are kind of brutal, simply because no stats or badges or gear makes a difference in them and the things you need to do to win require a lot more reflex based skill than usual.

As for the tutorials... honestly, I never cared too much about them either way. There might be a bit more, but it's not like the last games only had a couple of tutorials in them. I just suspect the Nintendo fans at sites like IGN who reviewed Bowser's Inside Story and the likes so well just left before this game came out.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

511. Posted:

@CM30

They tried too hard to increase the replay value which is why the Hard Mode should've been the whole game instead of being unlocked. No other Mario game needed this, why now?

Even without the gold/miracle or silver/miracle combination, it still doesn't change the fact that the last boss is still the easiest mainly because you can still attack his body without having to defeat his arms or the other fact that the hp for the boss is so low.

Edited on by Artwark

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

512. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

@CM30

They tried too hard to increase the replay value which is why the Hard Mode should've been the whole game instead of being unlocked. No other Mario game needed this, why now?

Even without the gold/miracle or silver/miracle combination, it still doesn't change the fact that the last boss is still the easiest mainly because you can still attack his body without having to defeat his arms or the other fact that the hp for the boss is so low.

I disagree about the hard mode stuff. If the giant bosses were like that in normal mode, about 99% of buyers would never beat the game. Same with the ridiculous damage output by enemies.

As for the final boss being easiest... sort of. It's a lot easier than the final one in Superstar Saga/Partners in Time (which have a massive difficulty spike with their final battles), but to be honest... I kind of like that it is. Really, too many 'final bosses' tend to be more like an obnoxious puzzle than much of a 'fight', and the older Mario and Luigi final ones seem to be too based on 'get rid of four million different appendages and that attack its weakpoint for about three turns' rather than making the boss actually do a lot of damage or having their attacks be that hard to avoid At least Dream Team's one does a lot of damage with its attacks rather than try and wear you done over hours. Oh, and technically, it does still have a lot of health:

Cackletta Soul: 1200 HP
Elder Princess Shroob: 3000-3500 HP per form (less than 2000 per form in Japanese and European versions)
Dark Bowser: 1,000 HP
Dark Star Core: 1,560 HP
Dreamy Bowser: 2417 HP

So as you can see, technically he has double the health of any other boss bar Elder Princess Shroob in the American version. It's just you don't have to waste a ton of time taking our tentacles/feet/glasses/arms/crowns to actually do damage to the main boss.

Really, the most difficult 'boss' in the series would probably be either Bowser X from Bowser's Inside Story or the last three giant bosses from Dream Team, not any of the final ones.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

513. Posted:

@CM30

You don't understand my point. I'm saying instead of the hard mode, make the normal mode a little more challenging with the handicap on. That way, no one has to feel like playing it all over again with the tutorials, cutscenes etc. If the game was short, then Yeah I would agree that this would do it.

And in Super Star Saga, Partners in time and Bowser's inside story, the reason why their health was low is because they had handicap that you needed to destroy their parts to beat their weakness. Dreamy Bowser doesn't have that which is why his hp should be atleast around 4,000 at least.

To be fair I to like the final boss to be easy because I had hard times beating Kamek and Antaesma so then again yeah I am happy that even in hard mode these last three bosses to me won't be that hard cause I'm gonna use that cheap time freeze on them( I already beaten them once, why again when they are the same?).

Just beated Big Massif in Hard Mode using Shield. I just like to know that is the hard mode for giant battles made possible to beat or is it too difficult and you can give up easily?

Edited on by Artwark

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MF_MaxiMillion

514. Posted:

I loved the three M&L Partners in Time final bosses. It really does feel like boss battles are way easier now though. That's why you gotta go Hard Mode and challenge yourself, man.

Love my 3DS, Fighting games and Zombies. Enuff' said.
Check out my website for reviews! MaxiMillion Reviews
~~~~~~~~~~
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Dream Address: 6200-2457-2458),
Want Soul Calibur 2 HD Online for Wii U? Support it here!

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6242-9163 | Twitter: MF_MaxiMillion

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

515. Posted:

Just defeated the second giant battle in hard mode in first try. Didn't look all that hard.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

516. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

Just defeated the second giant battle in hard mode in first try. Didn't look all that hard.

Try it in the Battle Ring. That's also not really a boss which gets much harder in hard mode.

You don't understand my point. I'm saying instead of the hard mode, make the normal mode a little more challenging with the handicap on. That way, no one has to feel like playing it all over again with the tutorials, cutscenes etc. If the game was short, then Yeah I would agree that this would do it.

And in Super Star Saga, Partners in time and Bowser's inside story, the reason why their health was low is because they had handicap that you needed to destroy their parts to beat their weakness. Dreamy Bowser doesn't have that which is why his hp should be atleast around 4,000 at least.

The normal mode IS harder than that in the other games, and its longer to boot. People way overestimate the difficulty of Bowser's Inside Story and Superstar Saga (Partners in Time I can somewhat understand due to the finale).

The tutorials/cutscenes do not make the core game any easier.

And yes, Dreamy Bowser should more health. But he wouldn't need to have more if the badge system/gear was toned down, since he automatically goes into the background and heals every so often as is. If those things were weaker, it'd take longer to take down his current health, and he'd have the time to heal properly on a regular basis to keep the battle going. That healing was basically the 'handicap' you mention.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

517. Posted:

@CM30

Fair point but since the game is long compared to the other Mario and Luigi games, there shouldn't be a hard mode due to the fact that it is not much challenging since you are using the shield badge combo. The only thing that might be challenging( Because I still have yet to get there) would be the giant battles but other than that, the regular bosses aren't much except a few of them like pil'liodium, Kamek and Antasema. So really there is no point to it and that its the same thing over with the exception of the giant battles.

Like i asked earlier, hasn't anyone made a video play through of the giant battles in hard mode?

Edited on by Artwark

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

518. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

@CM30

Fair point but since the game is long compared to the other Mario and Luigi games, there shouldn't be a hard mode due to the fact that it is not much challenging since you are using the shield badge combo. The only thing that might be challenging( Because I still have yet to get there) would be the giant battles but other than that, the regular bosses aren't much except a few of them like pil'liodium, Kamek and Antasema. So really there is no point to it and that its the same thing over with the exception of the giant battles.

Like i asked earlier, hasn't anyone made a video play through of the giant battles in hard mode?

That's a problem with the badge system, not the game. The game itself is pretty damn hard if you stay away from badges. It's just that the designers didn't balance said system in any way whatsoever, so anyone who uses badges and gear properly can steamroll through everything. Like how in Superstar Saga you could basically annihilate everything with the Mush Badges. Or how in Partners in Time, the Ultifree badge could take away all difficulty at all by making Bros Items free. Or how in Paper Mario, Danger Mario can basically smash everything to a pulp in one hit simply by taking advantage of how the 'boost POW when in danger badges' stack.

As for why a hard mode is there... hey, I thought it was decent enough. I mean, look at most second quests in video games, they're all mostly the same as the first playthrough bar a few changes. Like Super Mario Bros 1's New Game Plus which changed Goombas to Buzzy Beetles. Super Mario Land also had one I think, which did very little. Luigi's Mansion? Yeah, that hidden mansion was a real change in the US/Japanese versions! Seriously, it was bad enough that Miyamoto himself changed the version used in the PAL game to make it have actual differences in level design.

Or how about Zelda? Because Dream Team's hard mode is basically hero mode from Skyward Sword with a few more changes. And at least it's better than Wind Waker's 'play as Link wearing pajamas and understanding Hylian speeches' mode.

It's just like any New Game Plus, an excuse for people who beat it once to play it again. Nothing wrong with that.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

519. Posted:

@CM30

For the most part I never used the badges because most of the bosses are really easy. Granted the badge effects do break the challenge but the fact is you can even defeat the final boss if you get the rainbow shop completely being overpowered. So badges isn't the thing here. Its how the series is designed so you don't require to grind so much(Except maybe hard mode i guess).

Also all the games you've mentioned are short including Skyward Sword so it makes sense for them to add replay value. When playing RPG'S, stuff like this shouldn't be there because of how long the games already are.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

520. Posted:

Lost to Earthawake only twice but that's only because I forgot his pattern and I finally beated him in hard mode. Weird that he only throws his hammer seven times. I'm not kidding to me he only did it seven times.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark