3DS Forum

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Showing 461 to 480 of 538

AuthorMessage

CM30

461. Posted:

Gold + Miracle badge combo again. Try it, you'll be surprised how easily Dreamy Bowser goes down after that.

Heck, here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2bLk11mF1M

Then again, that's my solution to pretty much anything. If you're having trouble, freeze time and blow it up before it can move.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

462. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

Oh it was in another area! I really was not expecting that. Thank you! I've been running around the same area for like a half hour looking for a way through.

This game does that a lot, maybe even moreso than previous entries in the series. If you see something that you can't get to yet, leave it be until you've completed that section of the story and see if you can go back to get it after it's all said and done. You might've picked up some new abilities and stuff on the way that'll let you do it. You're still early on, so another thing to keep in mind is that there will be areas of the game you flat-out cannot get to until you've picked up an ability later on. Don't wig out or anything, just go do something else for a while :3

Anyway, i gotta say the Giant battles in this game are awesome! sooooo much fun, way better than the ones in BIS. I'm also a huge fan of the 'game over, retry battle instantly' option. I'm so glad that's a part of this series, it really helps a lot when you haven't quiiiiiite picked up on how to deal with a particular enemy just yet :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

463. Posted:

@theblackdragon Glad your enjoying it! :)

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

CM30

464. Posted:

An update/patch to this game is now out in eShop, as mentioned here:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendo3dsnews/mario-luigi-dream...

Unfortunately, Nintendo added no mention of it to their official websites (in Europe and America at least), so the only wa you'd have known without my message/some news site's message was if you randomly went to the eShop on a whim and found it.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

465. Posted:

I'm sure they'll send a spotpass message at some point about this.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

466. Posted:

Wow that's quite a few blocks for an update. Don't think the MK7 was that many!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

CM30

467. Posted:

Maybe it fixes more things than the Mario Kart 7 patch did. After all, no one has a full list of what things were fixed in this update, and even the Japanese description merely says 'and some miscellaneous stuff' at the end.

AuthorMessage

Chris720

468. Posted:

I wonder what the patch was for? As far as I'm aware, there was no glitches or hacks roaming the internet... And I've got through the game without any hiccups...

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

CM30

469. Posted:

Well, this glitch is well known, although no one knows if the patch manages to fix it:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendoarticles/looks-like-ive-f...

And this one is supposedly confirmed as fixed by the patch (game locks up after Antasma battle in some instances):

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

470. Posted:

holy crap, i'm glad i found out about that glitch now, before i'm really close to the end of the game D: i would've been hella ticked to have had that lock up on me right there D: D: D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

471. Posted:

May I rage for a second? I'm gonna rage for a second. Hope you guys don't mind.

SPOILERS

Ok so I'm ALMOST done with Dream Team. I'm currently at the Giant Bowser fight. First, can I just say that I absolutely DESPISE these giant battle fights? They're a cool concept and all but there are three fatal flaws to this mechanic.

1. No matter how leveled up you are, Giant Luigi always has the same stats. So no matter what, you'll always do the same tedious amount of damage.

2. The enemy gets WAY more chances to attack you do and does a lot more damage. Some attacks take out a good quarter of your life bar and some are REALLY hard to dodge, leaving little room for error.

3. You fight and defend with the touch screen and gyroscope, both of which are VASTLY inaccurate.

Point three being my biggest issue. I can get used to the touch screen mechanics after awhile, but the gyroscope is HORRIBLE. No matter which way I tilt my system, I always go in a direction or do an action I didn't intend to do most of the time killing myself in the process.

So back to the Giant Bowser fight. After seven tries. (That's right SEVEN F******* TRIES) I FINALLY get to the final phase where you have to use the super star attack to finally bring him down. But it's not used like the other times OH NO, this time you have to dodge his fireballs by tilting left and right which, might not seem so bad, but trust me, it's God awful.

If you fail to dodge the fireballs, Bowser will have a chance to attack by either breathing a fire ball you have to rapidly tap to reflect or he'll try to stomp you into dust which you'll have to swipe like a madman to put him off balance.

It's not so hard but after about 8 tries of failing to complete the special attack due to the horrendous gyroscope controls, Bowser managed to stomp me down and kill me. Swiping the touchscreen is just SO inaccurate, the system just wont pick up my swipes no matter how fast or how carefully I do them!

So due to the controls, I died once again, having to start over, my progress null and void. At this point, I just gave up. I cannot beat this boss for the life of me. I am just incapable of beating him.

I should mention that after five failed tries Prince Dreambert will offer to "make the steering easier" but after trying this, it just made the controls, if you could believe it, even WORSE. I had an even harder time controlling the attack!

It's just simply unfair. Up until this point I was really enjoying Dream Team. I even went as far as to call it the best 3DS game I've ever played. Sure the other giant battles were a weak part, but they did not hinder my progress like this battle has and they were at least forgiving if you faltered. But I actually think I won't be able to complete the game due to this poorly designed battle. I'm am incapable of getting a handle on these controls, it proves to be too much for me.

END SPOILERS

If anybody here in this forum has any advice or tips to give, please do, I'd LOVE to hear it. I just really want to get past this part.

Edited on by Guitardude7

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

472. Posted:

@Guitardude7: I agree that the gyroscope is inaccurate, but I've never had a problem with the touch screen. Unless your 3DS isn't in the best shape, then I don't know what to tell you on that other than just swipe firmer. For the gyroscope, when it tells you to get ready for using the gyroscope in the Zeekeeper and Giant Bowser battles, I keep holding the 3DS without changing. During the Zeekeeper battle, I tried to hold my 3DS on a flat level during the dimensional phase, but it messed up the gyroscope. Don't change your position during such phases. Anyway...

SPOILERS

I finally defeated Dreamy Bowser! I used the Gold and Miracle badge combo that CM30 mentioned and it worked. Dreamy Bowser won't be nearly as hard for now on.

The ending was pretty nice with an unexpected twist, with the Zeekeeper taking a page out of New Super Mario Bros. 2 and giving Pi'illo Island a storm of coins instead of recreating the Dream Stone. Good thing too, because I never did like that cranky Dream Stone Spirit anyway. Also, you can leave it to Bowser to want to kidnap Princess Peach again and again even if he keeps failing. He never gives up after all. And is it just me, or does every major Nintendo game for the 3DS have ending credits music that's just a montage of music from throughout the game? It was okay, but not original.

Now I think I will try Hard Mode, but it will purely be for fun. I'm no completionist, so I wouldn't painstakingly play through Hard Mode with little enjoyment. I like a good challenge, but a video game is supposed to be something to enjoy playing, you know?

END OF SPOILERS

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

CM30

473. Posted:

Good luck with hard mode, you'll most certainly need it. Especially when it comes to the last three giant battles. And congrats on beating Dreamy Bowser!

Oh, and guess what? Someone on GameFAQs managed to break the game and get stuck in an unwinnable situation in Dreamy Mount Pajamaja:

As you can see, Mario is stuck off screen and the game is now basically frozen. You can read his sorry affair here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704054-mario-and-luigi-dream-t...

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

474. Posted:

Hey guys, I'm kind of on the fence of buying this game. Is this game to buy or not to buy? I just need another gamer's input. (Or gamers' inputs.) I enjoyed the previous entries of the Mario & Luigi series, but I'm just not sure if I should buy this game or wait for another game to come out. Reply ASAP, because I need replies by tomorrow morning.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

475. Posted:

@ClassicSonicFan If you like the rest of the series then get it. Its way better then Partners in Time and very fun for me so far!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

CM30

476. Posted:

If you liked the other Mario & Luigi games, then buy it. It's a great game, and better than all the other games in the series by a long way.

Heck, if you enjoy Mario RPGs or even Mario games in general, you owe it to yourself to buy this.

Also, in case people are wondering... no the update doesn't fix the gyro controls issue:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendo3dsnews/looks-like-that-d...

Sorry.

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

477. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@ClassicSonicFan If you like the rest of the series then get it. Its way better then Partners in Time and very fun for me so far!

Partners in Time wasn't bad, but Bowser's Inside Story is my favorite!

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

478. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

If you liked the other Mario & Luigi games, then buy it. It's a great game, and better than all the other games in the series by a long way.

Heck, if you enjoy Mario RPGs or even Mario games in general, you owe it to yourself to buy this.

Also, in case people are wondering... no the update doesn't fix the gyro controls issue:

Sorry.

Thanks. I will buy this. This game does look fun, solid, and creativity-rich! :D
Untitled

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

479. Posted:

STORY SPOILERS

Now that I've played through the game, I can understand why some think Antasma is a weak villain. However, I think it's mainly because he just didn't get that much time to shine. Bowser stole his spotlight, something I guess I should have seen coming when they were confirmed to be working together. Even at that, I was pretty surprised when Bowser ended up betraying Antasma. I thought it was going to be the other way around, but I guess Nintendo and Alphadream thought that would be too predictable. Bowser was pretty much the main villain anyway, since a lot of the story's problems were caused by him. Sure, Antasma imprisoned all the Pi'illos and kidnapped Peach first, but it was Bowser who helped Antasma escape the dream world and helped him become a real threat to the world. Otherwise, Antasma would've been stuck in the dream world and probably would've been unsuccessful using Peach to get stronger. Mario would've come by and beat him easily, take back Peach, free the Pi'illos, and the story would end there. Overall, Antasma had potential, but the Koopa King took it away from him.

END OF STORY SPOILERS

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

480. Posted:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Sorry.

Thanks. I will buy this. This game does look fun, solid, and creativity-rich! :D
Untitled

Just to give a different view on the game, I thought it was a petty excuse for a Mario RPG and didn't deserve to share the family name. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u