3DS Forum

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Showing 421 to 440 of 538

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

421. Posted:

Downloaded the demo tonight. And I have to say it was pretty fun. Only thing though I had no idea how to past the See Saw type room in the first demo. I got to the part where there was two red see saws and two blue but I just couldn't get Luigi to jump up to the high area that the see saws gave access to. I got Mario up there no problem but it acted like there wasn't enough room for both of them on the ledge. Still it was pretty fun.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

422. Posted:

...Can't seem to kill the final boss, basically starts healing once I can get like...one hit on his body....kinda annoying. :/

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

423. Posted:

Who else is watching Farfromsubtle's playthrough of this game?

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and Super Mario Advance.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

CM30

424. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

...Can't seem to kill the final boss, basically starts healing once I can get like...one hit on his body....kinda annoying. :/

Buy Gold Badge + Miracle Badge combo

Grind up some badge slots by fighting weaker enemies in Neo Bowser Castle.

Use on final boss to freeze time and stop him defending himself.

Destroy him in about two minutes.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

425. Posted:

How do I defeat Heavy Zest? He's so hard!

Backlog
Games I'm buying: Super Smash Bros.(3DS got, Wii U coming up), Pokemon OR/AS, and Hyrule Warriors
HYRULE HAIR CARE: MAX VOLUME SPRAY: 95% MORE VOLUME

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother

AuthorMessage

CM30

426. Posted:

This might help...

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/mario-luigi-dream-team-boss-guide

Or in other words:

Use Luiginary Stack as much as you can (it does more damage to one enemy that Luiginary Ball), counter all his attacks perfectly and make sure you're at a decent level before the battle.

You might also be able to buy that badge which hits a certain enemy for a fixed amount of damage, which could help (Heavy Zest only has about 280 HP).

Hope that helps!

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

427. Posted:

I'm really starting to hate this game. The vast majority of the enemy attacks that use 3d force you to have it on, the flipping giant battles are molesting my touch screen because if I put the stylus on any lighter it won't register, the giant battle gyro controls stink, the difficulty in the battles fluctuates a ludicrous amount in random attacks that you wouldn't expect to screw you over, and the vast majority of the game is too easy! The story is also quite weak for an RPG, I feel no incentive to finish this other than wanting this to be over. How in the lord's name is it that SMRPG had a better idea of what it was doing? I won't deny there were a few moments I enjoyed it, but those were very brief, as there was always a giant battle or some garbage lying in wait for me. I am so disappointed by this. Every entry thus far has given me hours upon hours of enjoyment, I don't even think this has given me one. And yet I keep playing, blindly hoping it will get better, only to be let down again quickly. I'm at the Final boss now, and since the main villain has as much personality as a brick wall, I imagine this won't be it's finest moment either. I'll save my final judgement until after I beat it of course, but things are not looking good.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

CM30

428. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I'm really starting to hate this game. The vast majority of the enemy attacks that use 3d force you to have it on, the flipping giant battles are molesting my touch screen because if I put the stylus on any lighter it won't register, the giant battle gyro controls stink, the difficulty in the battles fluctuates a ludicrous amount in random attacks that you wouldn't expect to screw you over, and the vast majority of the game is too easy! The story is also quite weak for an RPG, I feel no incentive to finish this other than wanting this to be over. How in the lord's name is it that SMRPG had a better idea of what it was doing? I won't deny there were a few moments I enjoyed it, but those were very brief, as there was always a giant battle or some garbage lying in wait for me. I am so disappointed by this. Every entry thus far has given me hours upon hours of enjoyment, I don't even think this has given me one. And yet I keep playing, blindly hoping it will get better, only to be let down again quickly. I'm at the Final boss now, and since the main villain has as much personality as a brick wall, I imagine this won't be it's finest moment either. I'll save my final judgement until after I beat it of course, but things are not looking good.

I disagree. If you have to seriously push on the touch screen that hard, your 3DS has problems, because I've never had any problems with touch screen controls in this game.

Most enemy attacks that use 3D do not force you to have it on, the only one I've thought would be that much easier with it would be that bat attack Antasma uses it.

The game is harder than Bowser's Inside Story and Partners in Time, and probably Superstar Saga.

I do agree the gyroscope controls in giant battles suck though. They really didn't beta test those properly at all (what with the glitches).

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

429. Posted:

@CM30 It can't be my touch screen, BIS's giant battles registered the pressure fine on my 3ds. And I completely disagree on the difficulty, most of the time I can just stroll right on through with far too much ease, then it throws a curveball at me that does far too much damage. :|

AuthorMessage

Henmii

430. Posted:

SPOILER: "Great game, slightly disappointing final boss (still challenging, cool-looking and epic music, but really I wanted it to be Antasma, he had so much more potential to be an epic villain but barely got any screen time"

Totally agreed!

One last thing about the difficulty: Since you do find soooo many mushrooms and syrups, I never needed to buy those. I only did spend my money on gear and badges! I had thousands of coins spare!!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

431. Posted:

@CM30 Okay,so I clicked that link that takes me there and when I tried doing what it said to defeat Heavy Zest,he still didn't died.

Backlog
Games I'm buying: Super Smash Bros.(3DS got, Wii U coming up), Pokemon OR/AS, and Hyrule Warriors

AuthorMessage

CM30

432. Posted:

Okay, what Luiginary Attacks do you have, what are your stats and what gear/badges/whatever do you have?

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

433. Posted:

I think I'm on the final boss now. It's a cakewalk, aside from the healing. :|

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

434. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Okay, what Luiginary Attacks do you have, what are your stats and what gear/badges/whatever do you have?

I have only Luiginary Stack an the Ball.Also,my stats are Mario:HP:62 BP:34 POW:48 Jump:72 Hammer:72 DEF:36 SPEED:36 STACHE:25.Luigi:HP:73 BP:29 POW:40 Jump:50 Hammer:58 DEF:45 SPEED:33 STACHE:30.And the badges I have are the Guard badge,Master badge,Virus badge,Strike badge,Mush badge,Bronze badge and the Starter badge.

Backlog

AuthorMessage

CM30

435. Posted:

Use the Strike Badge and Master Badge. According to the chart I have, the effect of this is 'hit one enemy for 80 damage'.

So grind up against some weak enemies (using Excellents to fill the badge meter), then use your two badge slots at the start to do 160 damage to this guy right off the bat.

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

436. Posted:

@CM30 Okay.Thanks! :D

Backlog

AuthorMessage

Dweeb

437. Posted:

Should I get this game? I've played Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story, and I loved them, is this one any better?

Is there to was though when even at like of than with it?

Games I'm playing: Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

438. Posted:

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

Should I get this game? I've played Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story, and I loved them, is this one any better?

So far its way better then Partners in Time and its been really fun for me so far. Still doesn't touch Superstar Saga!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

439. Posted:

Just got to Somnom Woods, so far I find the game better than Bowser's Inside Story, but nowhere near the level of Superstar Saga. I really hate the game treats you like an idiot and even after Hard Mode is unlocked, the game STILL forces you to sit through tutorials.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

440. Posted:

SPOILERS

Kamek dressing up as Peach was a nice reference to New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

END OF SPOILERS.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan