3DS Forum

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Showing 381 to 400 of 538

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

381. Posted:

I think I ran into that tilting glitch some people are talking about in the fourth Giant Battle.
On the first two attempts (Hard Mode), they were fine and all was well but on my third; up and down was suddenly reversed. So I had to tilt down to go up... it's a good thing I healed before that bit, my brain couldn't handle the sudden change...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

382. Posted:

Wasn't going to bother with this, but the demo was quite fun! I might have to pick it up sometime.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

383. Posted:

@Ralizah Have you played any others in the series?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

384. Posted:

So how's the final boss battle in this game? Can it compare to the intensity of the Dark Bowser and Elder Princess Shroob battles of the past?

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

MaximusMansteel

385. Posted:

I'm 6 1/2 hours into the game, and am loving it so far. My favorite line has to be Bowser busting into Dream Deep and saying that it was his turn to kidnap Peach, and that it would be "Kidnapping Peach 2: The Bowsering." Hilarious.

Edited on by MaximusMansteel

MaximusMansteel

AuthorMessage

CM30

386. Posted:

So how's the final boss battle in this game? Can it compare to the intensity of the Dark Bowser and Elder Princess Shroob battles of the past?

It's... different.

To be honest, it can definitely be compared (and the music to it is absolutely amazing), but it's a very different type of battle. Whereas Elder Princess Shroob and Dark Bowser did a fairly low amount of damage but had a hell of a lot of HP and a ton of weak points to hit, the final boss here has quite a bit less HP but far, far more powerful and difficult to avoid attacks.

So whereas the other final bosses felt like 'god this is a complete slog and it's taking me hours to chip away their health', the final boss in Dream Team is more 'if you don't win fairly quickly, he'll absolutely murder you'.

I think I ran into that tilting glitch some people are talking about in the fourth Giant Battle.
On the first two attempts (Hard Mode), they were fine and all was well but on my third; up and down was suddenly reversed. So I had to tilt down to go up... it's a good thing I healed before that bit, my brain couldn't handle the sudden change...

The control scheme inverted itself? Jeez, those motion controls in that battle are damned broken beyond belief. I'd love to know who the hell supposedly tested the fight, because they sure didn't do their job properly.

Also, in case anyone is getting stuck, ther'es now a pretty nice boss guide to be found here:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/mario-luigi-dream-team-boss-guide/

Hopefully, that answers any questions about the game's bosses and how to dodge their attacks.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Henmii

387. Posted:

Yeah the endboss was really hard, but not as epic as the awesome Princess Shroob battle!

As for glitches: If you hit a battle pieces block as a ball, Luigi sinks through the floor a bit! Luckily this doesn't seem to have a bad effect on the progression!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

LordFawful

388. Posted:

I just beat the main story. Great game, slightly disappointing final boss (still challenging, cool-looking and epic music, but really I wanted it to be Antasma, he had so much more potential to be an epic villain but barely got any screen time) I have not yet gotten all the Pi'illos, attack pieces or hit the Battle Ring yet. Basically just played the required stuff so far. Question: I know he does not appear in the main quest, but does Fawful appear at all, counting optional stuff? I really doubt it as I would have found this out by now, but just asking one last time, is he even mentioned? I'd hate to see the one character who recurred throughout the whole series get permanently killed off. This game is definitely more satisfying than Sticker Star; I had hoped for a story that topped SPM for that game, and I got the most minimal and unoriginal story ever, ugh. So glad for a new Mario RPG that actually has a plot and large cast of interesting characters.

Paper Mario is represented in Smash! Glorious day!

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

389. Posted:

Holy crap that Pi'illodium was a nightmare. xD
Normal mode too, this hard mode scares me...lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

390. Posted:

@LordFawful: The closest thing to Fawful that I've seen is at the beginning of the game when you go through the crowds of greeting people. One of the people says "I have excitement!" when you talk to him, which seems to be a reference to Fawful's "have" statements. Otherwise, I haven't read of anything about a cameo. It's a shame, really, since he could have easily appeared as a figment in one of Luigi's dreams.

@CM30: Good, I'm actually glad to read that the final boss is challenging in this game. Cackletta, Elder Princess Shroob, and Dark Bowser were all somewhat easy for me. They really did have a lot of HP, but the attacks weren't really that punishing. My memory is fuzzy, but I don't remember having to battle them over and over again until I finally beat them. In the case of Elder Princess Shroob, I actually struggled far more with her younger sister.

Sounds like I better keep leveling up and especially find more Bros. attacks in the real world. I only have one Bros. attack in the real world, and I'm in Dreamy Mount Pajamaja right now. I defeated Mammoshka without using a single Bros. attack.! The 3D shell just wouldn't have cut it. Of course, I had to retry the boss a few times as a result.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

CM30

391. Posted:

Okay, quick update. I've now beaten the normal Battle Ring battles on hard mode perfectly, as in managed to defeat all the bosses in one turn apiece (setting the turn record to just one). I've also beaten the Battle Medley in a perfect 9 turns.

It was surprisingly hard to do to be honest, Antasma X and Bowser Jr have so much health that you need to use a perfect Luiginary Wall and perfect combo of Zee Egg + Star Rocket to get rid of them before they can move.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

392. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Ralizah Have you played any others in the series?

Nope. It is a series I've never engaged with before. Are they all as charming and creative as the Dream Team demo?

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

393. Posted:

@CM30 - I assume you made the most out of the Duplex Crown?

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

CM30

394. Posted:

Nope, didn't use it for those challenges. Nor did I use the time freezing badges for the battle ring.

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

395. Posted:

What level were you?
Or was the Hard Mode file also the one where you grinded to Level 100?

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

CM30

396. Posted:

Yeah, it was the level 100 file. It was actually surprisingly difficult though, since while the bosses up to Pi'illodium went down in one hit, Antasma X has JUST about enough health to survive a Bros Attack at that level unless you pull it off perfectly. As does Bowser Jr.

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

397. Posted:

Untitled

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

398. Posted:

Big-Luigi wrote:

Untitled

If he and Waluigi were in it, it would definitely be my favorite in the series. Why Nintendo or AlphaDream hasn't thought about Wario and Waluigi being the foils for Mario and Luigi in a Mario & Luigi game is mystery to me. I think the idea is brilliant!

Fun fact: Wario was going to appear in Superstar Saga along with other Nintendo characters as a guest of the BeanBean coffee shop, until he and the others were replaced by E.Gadd. All he got was a Wario poster with part of his face on it at the Yoshi theater.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

399. Posted:

I just beat the fat wood person( who looks like mallow and has cloud hair) in wakeport's dream world. His healing moves were annoying but i beat him with the luiginary ball and 2 jump attacks.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

400. Posted:

Who's your favorite NPCs in this game? I like the Massif Bros. so far. ONE! TWO! BEEF STEW!

Miiverse