3DS Forum

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Showing 361 to 380 of 538

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

361. Posted:

...Is it just me or does this game keep reminding me of Super Mario RPG? It's like, this is supposed to be a true successor to that game or something. xD
I can't stop thinking about it, lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

362. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

...Is it just me or does this game keep reminding me of Super Mario RPG? It's like, this is supposed to be a true successor to that game or something. xD
I can't stop thinking about it, lol

I can understand that. The music on Mount Pajamaja sounds like something from Super Mario RPG, and the red sand-burrowing boss with the drill head looks like a monster from Super Mario RPG too. Then again, sometimes the Mario & Luigi series gives a nod or two to the original Mario RPG.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Discostew

363. Posted:

I've been trying the demo, because it was available, and while I'm liking it a lot, I do have one complaint (which may or may not be because of the game itself).

It sounds HORRIBLE through my XL's speakers. I'v had other 3DS games that strained just slightly through the speakers, but this takes the cake. Using earbuds makes it sounds much better, though there seems to still be a slight strain., whereas other actual games don't seem to have. So...

Could this straining of audio be the demo itself (and not present in the retail), or am I SOL with regards to my XL's speakers?

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

364. Posted:

@Discostew I have mine at full volume and it seems to be fine. They may have cut back on the sound files for the demo. I remember EO4 had that same problem but Atlus released a memo saying the sound for the full game would be better and it was so don't worry. Makes me want to dl the demo and see for myself though!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Discostew

365. Posted:

@Spoony_Tech Think you could? I'd really appreciate it.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

366. Posted:

@Discostew At first I though you meant strain to hear but I now see what you mean. I can't say for sure if the sounds the same as I'm not at the same parts as the demo but yeah I do belive the sound is not all that great at least in the dl version of which I have. It does seem to put a strain on the speakers and I can feel the vibration on the system. It might not be quite as bad but there still seems to be some sound issues!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Discostew

367. Posted:

@Spoony_Tech "Strain" probably wasn't the right word to use to describe this. I meant to say that it sounds like "low quality audio", which is understandable for a demo, but I just wanted to make sure this was something specific to the demo, and not because of my XL, since the speakers in those are considered to not be as great as the original 3DS's speakers. I posted this in other forums, and most believe it is just the demo, but a few say it is in the retail game as well, so I'm just trying to get some confirmations before I make a decision with this game.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

368. Posted:

I think I know what he's talking about...where some parts of the tracks where they get a bit "too intense" and you can feel the vibrations on the system like Tech said. It doesn't bother me that much though, but yeah...they probably should have toned the volume down a tad bit on those parts. xD

EDIT: minor spoilers
...gets a fake Game Over screen from a weird water fountain Oh geez, game, don't freak me out like that. xD (didn't save in a while too, lol)

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

GTWarrior77

369. Posted:

For what it's worth, I noticed a slight vibration on my 3DS XL while playing Animal Crossing New Leaf last night. I have had the game since June and noticed it for the first time last night. When I turned the volume down, the vibration stopped. I was playing the sound through the 3DS's speakers since I hardly use headphones.

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior

AuthorMessage

Emaan

370. Posted:

I'll be getting this game eventually, hopefully at sometime this month.

I just have been so busy lately with life, and not to mention other games o:

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

371. Posted:

i am so happy i traded Sticker Star for this! i played it all morning, it really has been a lot of fun so far and i know i'm barely scratching the surface. can't wait 'til i'm past all the bits where people want to show me how to do stuff, though /eyeroll

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Discostew

372. Posted:

Ok, I got additional confirmation from a friend that has the retail game and downloaded the demo to compare the audio of both o his 3DS XL, and I'm happy to report that his examination showed the quality of the demo to be greatly reduced compared to the retail. So for people who were worried that the audio from the retail game would be similar to the demo can relax now....including me.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

373. Posted:

I'm stuck in Dozing Sands right now. I need to rescue two more pi'illos from the work area, but I don't know how to change the panels to change the direction the drill machine goes. I want it to go east and west instead of circling around.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Smitherenez

374. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

I'm stuck in Dozing Sands right now. I need to rescue two more pi'illos from the work area, but I don't know how to change the panels to change the direction the drill machine goes. I want it to go east and west instead of circling around.

Get off the digging machine and walk towards those panels with the arrows on it. Hammer Mario into the ground and dig underneath it. Then jump with Mario to flip it. Go back to the digging machine and you can progress.

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

AuthorMessage

Epicnessofme99

375. Posted:

I'm going to be picking this up soon, is it as fantastic as everyone says? I'd play the demo but my 3DS can't connect to this hotels internet.

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme Feel free to add me :D
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9343-5065

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

376. Posted:

I'm still also very early in the game but I can't stop playing it either. Lots of fun so far. One of the better games in the series. Well at least better then Partners In Time which was the worst! Now to find time to play the other games I'm still currently playing. Sorry AC, looks like the weeds might be bad the next time I load you up! ;-)

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

377. Posted:

@Smitherenz: Thanks for that!

So far this game is really good. I don't know where it stands right now in my Mario RPG list, but it is contending with Superstar Saga as my favorite Mario & Luigi.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

378. Posted:

Heh, loving the viruses...puzzle battling. x3

AuthorMessage

Henmii

379. Posted:

Yesterday I finished the game! I think it's one of the best, better then Bowsers inside story! It's pretty lineair though (just as Bowsers inside story), and rather easy (with the exception of a few bosses). The end-boss was hard though! Antasma wasn't a really strong villain in my opinion, sadly! The humor was fantastic! The art-style was fantastic! The music was great. It was very long (it took me 54 hours to get to the endboss, with almost everything done), wich I loved! It started a bit weak, but after that the game shined and shined! Alpha dream has rekindled my interest for the series after the little bit dissapointing Bowsers inside story (though that one wasn't bad either), so I hope to see a Mario and Luigi in a couple of years that is just as good! And I give also credit to Good Feel for the awesome Giant battles!

I have one suggestion though: Make some of the special moves endless again! I always loved to endlessly use the shell, but now it's limited to a few times!

SPOILER: There's even a reference to a very obscure, Japanese Mario game where you have to guide Mario with a bucket on it's head! Yeah, they went THAT far!! Love it!!

@Erica_Hartmann,

Spoiler: Oh yeah, that fountain! For a Mario game, that was really heavy stuff! I mean WHAT THE...?! It was a great joke though!

And yeah, it reminded me too of Mario rpg! It's because of the artstyle! And I just noticed the mountains found in Mount Pajamaja look a bit like the ones from Yoshi's island!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage

kickz2quick

380. Posted:

Just met Dreamy Luigi, its been pretty slow but the battles and the graphics look awesome and keeps me entertained. will take my time with this game as i do with Rpg's.

Currently playing: Project X Zone
Backlog: Shin Magami Tensi 4 & Fire emblem.