3DS Forum

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Showing 301 to 320 of 538

AuthorMessage

CM30

301. Posted:

Well, looks like Hard Mode isn't as bad as people say it is... for the most part. I'm playing it now and am up to the gian battle in the forest area, and haven't generally died much except on a few giant bosses and when I was too overconfident.

Wonder if I'll get anything for beating this mode?

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

302. Posted:

Here's the commercial mentioned earlier today for its black 3DS XL.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

303. Posted:

^That commercial is brilliant,shame we don't get ads like that in the UK.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

CM30

304. Posted:

Well then... looks like my hard mode playthrough might now be impossible, since a mysterious gyro glitch has occurred in the Zeekeeper boss battle and made it completely impossible to win:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendoarticles/looks-like-ive-f...

Thank you Nintendo's 'Quality Assurance' team, apparently doing your job is too much for you. Here's hoping I can somehow luck out and get round this before I have to send the game or 3DS off to repair.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

305. Posted:

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

Chris720

306. Posted:

@Dev That commercial was... awful. It felt so fake and staged, it hardly felt like a proper commercial to me...

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

CM30

307. Posted:

Okay, so i finally beat the boss that was glitching out on me in Hard Mode, and am now in the final dungeon. Let's see if they made any other changes in this...

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

308. Posted:

So, is this game any good? I really like the art style but I still not conviced on buying it. Is it anything like Paper Mario? :O

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

309. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

So, is this game any good? I really like the art style but I still not conviced on buying it. Is it anything like Paper Mario? :O

It's more like Super Mario RPG, if you've played that.

The game is amazing! :D

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

310. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

Is it anything like Paper Mario? :O

Going on what I've gotten from Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story, I'd say yes and no. The games do not have the same style as the Paper Mario games, and the battle systems are quite different. However, I'd say both series have the same charm and fun factors, and if you enjoy Paper Mario, I see no reason why you wouldn't love Mario & Luigi. I haven't played Dream Team yet, though, so I can't say if it's any good in particular, but if it's anything like the previous games, it sure should be.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Official "rare download" assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

311. Posted:

I just beat the game and I must say; I feel I kinda cheesed the final boss with badge effects. I'm gonna challenge the final boss again without badge effects later. After I try out the battle ring. Then Hard Mode!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

312. Posted:

Just per-ordered mine a long time ago, can't wait! :D

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

CM30

313. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I just beat the game and I must say; I feel I kinda cheesed the final boss with badge effects. I'm gonna challenge the final boss again without badge effects later. After I try out the battle ring. Then Hard Mode!

Good luck with Hard Mode, since the giant bosses there will rip you in half (they seem to have slightly different and more vicious attack patterns in this version of the game) Still, it's not all that hard, the item limit is basically irrelevant and the normal enemies/bosses aren't much harder than they were in the normal game (at least when you get past the intro).

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

314. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Good luck with Hard Mode, since the giant bosses there will rip you in half (they seem to have slightly different and more vicious attack patterns in this version of the game) Still, it's not all that hard, the item limit is basically irrelevant and the normal enemies/bosses aren't much harder than they were in the normal game (at least when you get past the intro).

Oh, that doesn't sound good. I lost to the last two giants once because the tilting confused me on the 4th battle and my timing sucked on the 5th. But hey, if the challenge isn't cheap, I'll take it.

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

315. Posted:

Started a Hard Mode file and took a hit to see what I was tackling. 14 damage from a Gromba to a 24 HP Mario. Geez, punches will not be pulled here.

Also; @CM30, have you faced the game's secret boss yet? It's awesome! Game recommends Level 50, took 'em out at Level 43. ^^

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

CM30

316. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Started a Hard Mode file and took a hit to see what I was tackling. 14 damage from a Gromba to a 24 HP Mario. Geez, punches will not be pulled here.

Also; @CM30, have you faced the game's secret boss yet? It's awesome! Game recommends Level 50, took 'em out at Level 43. ^^

Yes, I beat the secret boss a few times. Honestly, he's probably easier than Antasma is, since you can dodge his attacks more easily.

And the damage caused by enemies is... not really relevant outside the tutorial to be honest. I mean, early battles are more brutal, but your level up stuff, gear, rank benefits and badges kind of nullify it as the game goes on.

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

317. Posted:

@CM30 - Well, he's much more enjoyable than Bowser X! I had a blast when I saw I could jump in the car.

Very true about the badges though. Like I said earlier, the final boss was cake because of the badge effects I used. It wasn't a fair challenge...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

CM30

318. Posted:

Well, I'm now against Giant Bowser in Hard Mode.

And I've realised that if he gets a hit in with the Shy Guy cannonball attack, it takes off a full third of Luigi's health bar...

This could be hell...

AuthorMessage

Thunderbird

319. Posted:

Wow this page is full of spoilers

Thunderbird

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

320. Posted:

I find myself ignoring those spoilers, although now I have second thoughts on buying Dream Team... :/

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541