Forums

Topic: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Posts 281 to 300 of 492

CM30

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I just beat the game and I must say; I feel I kinda cheesed the final boss with badge effects. I'm gonna challenge the final boss again without badge effects later. After I try out the battle ring. Then Hard Mode!

Good luck with Hard Mode, since the giant bosses there will rip you in half (they seem to have slightly different and more vicious attack patterns in this version of the game) Still, it's not all that hard, the item limit is basically irrelevant and the normal enemies/bosses aren't much harder than they were in the normal game (at least when you get past the intro).

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

DreamyViridi

CM30 wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I just beat the game and I must say; I feel I kinda cheesed the final boss with badge effects. I'm gonna challenge the final boss again without badge effects later. After I try out the battle ring. Then Hard Mode!

Good luck with Hard Mode, since the giant bosses there will rip you in half (they seem to have slightly different and more vicious attack patterns in this version of the game) Still, it's not all that hard, the item limit is basically irrelevant and the normal enemies/bosses aren't much harder than they were in the normal game (at least when you get past the intro).

Oh, that doesn't sound good. I lost to the last two giants once because the tilting confused me on the 4th battle and my timing sucked on the 5th. But hey, if the challenge isn't cheap, I'll take it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

Started a Hard Mode file and took a hit to see what I was tackling. 14 damage from a Gromba to a 24 HP Mario. Geez, punches will not be pulled here.

Also; @CM30, have you faced the game's secret boss yet? It's awesome! Game recommends Level 50, took 'em out at Level 43. ^^

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CM30

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Started a Hard Mode file and took a hit to see what I was tackling. 14 damage from a Gromba to a 24 HP Mario. Geez, punches will not be pulled here.

Also; @CM30, have you faced the game's secret boss yet? It's awesome! Game recommends Level 50, took 'em out at Level 43. ^^

Yes, I beat the secret boss a few times. Honestly, he's probably easier than Antasma is, since you can dodge his attacks more easily.

And the damage caused by enemies is... not really relevant outside the tutorial to be honest. I mean, early battles are more brutal, but your level up stuff, gear, rank benefits and badges kind of nullify it as the game goes on.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@CM30 - Well, he's much more enjoyable than Bowser X! I had a blast when I saw I could jump in the car.

Very true about the badges though. Like I said earlier, the final boss was cake because of the badge effects I used. It wasn't a fair challenge...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels /

Thunderbird

Wow this page is full of spoilers

Thunderbird

darkfenrir

I find myself ignoring those spoilers, although now I have second thoughts on buying Dream Team... :/

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

DreamyViridi

CM30 wrote:

Well, I've finally beaten the game in Hard Mode! Yay for me I guess!

Aside from giant bosses; did regular bosses have a couple of new attacks or is it just bigger damage, more health, etc.?

Mario Maker Levels /

DreamyViridi

{POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED DREAM TEAM}

@CM30 - Eh, good enough for me to play through the game again. First, I want to finish everything on the regular file. The rest of the Battle Ring Giant battles (Zeekeeper's gonna be a jerk, I'm sure.), Kylie Koopa's side thing (I'm missing two snapshot blocks) and actually, I think that's it. Block collections at 97% but I'm not going to look for just those. All of that with short breaks, though. Don't want the game to get stale.

Mario Maker Levels /

CM30

Oh, trust me on this. If you're having trouble with the Zeekeeper and final giant boss in the Battle Ring (aka the last two giant bosses), you will HATE fighting them on Hard Mode. No kidding. The former is ridiculously hard on Hard Mode and took me about a day of tries to beat, the latter can kill you in three hits in Hard Mode.

Have fun!

Twitter:

CM30

Well, may as well bump this to point something out...

They've raised the level cap a bit. I'm now at level 99 for both Mario and Luigi, and both still say 'have 40 000+ experience needed to level up. Wonder if I'll get anything at level 100?

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Can't wait to dl this at midnight! Won't be able to play it though till Monday but at least ill have it!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@CM30 - Level 100? Sheesh, you could probably just jump on the final boss and KO it... How long did that take?

Mario Maker Levels /

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic