Forums

Topic: Majora's Mask 3D - 50,000 signatures reached

Posts 121 to 133 of 133

romulux

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I want a new zelda 3ds before a remake.

that's nintendo's plan. majora won't be released until we've seen the new zelda.

FluttershyGuy wrote:

I want to see some form of A Link to the Past, or another 2D Zelda before Majora or anything 3D.

there's no real reason to remake a link to the past, though. it would look cool to have the 2D elements layered at different depths, but it would have 0 impact on the gameplay because it's not a polygonal world. link and his enemies are always on the same plane, so even in 3D there would be no distance between them for 3D depth to benefit anything.

It would be a great choice for a 3D classic, but not a full on remake. I wouldn't be surprised if we see both games on 3DS by the end of the system. I don't care if people accuse nintendo of cashing in for doing that, it's great to have better ways of playing classic games.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Vehemont

I can't say I am a big fan of Majora's Mask and I would rather Nintendo use their resources to make a NEW Zelda game on the Wii U and 3DS.

Vehemont

Happy_Mask

@Vehemont it could be handled by grezzo, as its apparent that they like n64 games. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

kkslider5552000

I'd honestly consider 50,000 to be a dissappointment. The attempt to get Megaman Legends 3 (a far less popular series) uncancelled got to 100,000 on Facebook. Or maybe it's actually impressive because no one takes online petitions seriously for stuff like this. I dunno.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

romulux

it's a little different when the game already exists and is being held back compared to asking for a completely new game. i'm sure if nintendo announced majora's mask 3D, got everyone's hopes up, and then said "screw it, we're too busy to finish" you'd be seeing more than 50,000 signatures to release the game. the fact that a lot of people don't know if majora's mask will be made or not makes them feel like a petition is meaningless (just look at the comments that come up every time the petition is mentioned), so they don't bother signing. megaman was confirmed and already in development, so there's a much more solid basis for believing the petition may actually lead to something.

Tsuchinoko

@Romulux I agree with you, and that's why I've been supporting the MML3 thing since it started, but I believe that if Nintendo were going to make a Majora's Mask 3DS game, they would do so of their own volition, not because of some petition. Just like with the FFIV DS remake, it came down to time, resources, and the sales from the FFIII remake.

Ocarina of Time 3D did sell fairly well, and the feedback was good in all regions, so the chances for a Majora's Mask remake are already good. The Ocarina remake only came out a little over a year ago, so I'd say the best thing to do is wait a bit for it to happen organically.

And yes, by all means, support the MegaMan Legends 3 groups. That game needs to come out. And yes, I am a huge Majora's Mask fan, if the game were to come out, I'd get it first day, but I don't feel like pushing Nintendo into making it, especially when there's a good chance they might be starting to make it already, who knows at this point?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

DarkNinja9

you think maybe nintendo has thought of it being for the wii u but wont release it till later when more rumors of the xbox and sony consoles start to come out?

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

Drawdler

I'd like to see a new Zelda game for either console before an MM remake, as much as I would love to play it.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Happy_Mask

I can wait a while for a new Zelda. >.> Look at the wait for skyward sword.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

romulux

Tsuchinoko wrote:

...I believe that if Nintendo were going to make a Majora's Mask 3DS game, they would do so of their own volition, not because of some petition.
The Ocarina remake only came out a little over a year ago, so I'd say the best thing to do is wait a bit for it to happen organically.
And yes, I am a huge Majora's Mask fan, if the game were to come out, I'd get it first day, but I don't feel like pushing Nintendo into making it, especially when there's a good chance they might be starting to make it already, who knows at this point?

"One of the big things that made this remake possible was that there was an outpour of emotions from people who said they would like to see this game done," he said, referring to Ocarina of Time 3D. "I think certainly if there was a similar output of emotion and clamor from fans for a remake of Majora's Mask, it wouldn't be an utter impossibility."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/07/25/majoras-mask-remake-is...

Nobody's pushing nintendo, Aonuma actually asked the fans to do things like this petition. Nintendo hadn't planned on doing both of the N64 games, only OOT, so they made it clear that if the fans wanted majora's mask as well they'd have to prove it would be worth nintendo's time. they want to remake it, but they need to know it'll be well received first.

so again, one petition isn't going to guarantee the game gets made but it's the single biggest bit of proof fans have to point at to show nintendo that people really want the game, which is just the sort of thing nintendo has been waiting to see.

Edited on by romulux

romulux

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So are they just going to link it to Nintendo for it to forever go unseen in their inbox or are they going to print out all the signatures and mail them to Nintendo?

i assume all 50,000 participants will be asked to mail their own individual signature to nintendo where they will forever go unseen in actual, physical inboxes.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.