Forums

Topic: Majora's Mask 3D - 50,000 signatures reached

Posts 101 to 120 of 133

romulux

majora's mask 3D was listed for sale at game ( http://gimmegimmegames.com/2012/08/game-website-lists-majoras... ), which would normally be no big deal but tomorrow is nintendodirect so there's a slight, slight chance the game could be announced and that game just leaked it.

nintendo hasn't shown a new zelda for 3DS yet, so i doubt they'd announce majora's mask first, but who knows. maybe that new zelda won't be done for another year or more and they don't want to sit on majora's mask that long.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

zezhyrule

They just want to get people hyped up by fake-leaking a game to raise people's hopes, only to have them crushed! GAME be trollin'

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

RedTokyo

I would love for a remake or at least a new Zelda game on the 3DS~

RedTokyo

Happy_Mask

Welcome @xXRedTokyoXx!
@zezhyrule it was fabricated. So some miscellaneous person was trolling us -______-

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Mieu-Fire

screw them trolls i want a majoras mask remastered on 3ds

MANGO

romulux

yep, i'm ashamed i let my guard down enough to hope that hoax was plausible. trollllllllls!

i don't know if anyone remembers the IGN remake poll between a majora's mask or a link to the past from a while back, but it kind of petered out without the results being shown clearly. i had to look it up:

a link to the past remake: 10,349
a link to the past sequel: 12,006
majora's mask 3d: 23,500

• http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2012/07/ign-next-zelda-game-for-the-3ds-the-results

i also saw this miyamoto quote-

"We haven't quite decided yet, whether we're going to do A Link to the Past, because there's also the possibility of doing a remake of Majora's Mask. This is something we've certainly been talking about and doing a little bit of experimenting with, to figure out which way we're going to go."

"experimenting" suggests that that they're already running both games on the 3DS (or even Wii U) to test them. majora's mask has much more to gain from 3D simply by being a polygonal game and i think it would clearly benefit more from the touchscreen and gyro controls than a link to the past, plus every poll unanimously shows more interest in majora's mask. unless miyamoto said "screw it" to majora's mask because he personally wanted to do a link to the past more, i wouldn't be surprised if the game has already begun development.

romulux

double post.... sorry.

the majora's mask 3D petition is fixed now (it was frozen for a long time) and it's 641 away from 50,000. it's moving at a hundred sigs every few days, so it's not long before it finally finishes off. sign it!
http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html

romulux

yes, i do realize that i'm triple posting this zombie thread back to life, but the petition is finished now. go ahead and take a look at those shiny 50,000 signatures at the link above and contemplate how long it'll be before we're playing this in 3D.

Aviator

Do people still think an online petition actually means something?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

romulux

it shows nintendo that an awful lot of nerds are begging to throw money at them for this product? they're more likely to make the game if they know there's a strong demand for it. without the petition or the rest of operation moonfall nintendo would have still known that some fans wanted majora's mask 3D, but it wouldn't have been nearly as clear just how many or how badly they wanted it.

the fact that miyamoto and aonuma have met with ign and other sites specifically to discuss the remakes is a sign that they're paying attention to what the fans are saying and are aware of how many people are asking for the game. so no, it's not going to single handedly guarantee the game gets made, but that doesn't mean it's meaningless.

nice buzzkilling, by the way. even by internet standards, that buzz was downed fast.

Edited on by romulux

DarkNinja9

someone even made a fan based you tube vid did anyone here see it? cuz it was amazing... o_o

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

Eel

I don't think nintendo will consider 50k people willing to buy the game profitable enough.

But they seem to really want to remake it themselves, making a petition was kinda unnecessary. But I guess it's nice to show support.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HaastMK7

good luck. Its 50,000 out of millions

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

romulux

Morphtroid wrote:

I don't think nintendo will consider 50k people willing to buy the game profitable enough.

But they seem to really want to remake it themselves, making a petition was kinda unnecessary. But I guess it's nice to show support.

the point of a petition isn't to say "this is the number of sales you can expect to get when the game goes on sale." of course not everyone who wants the game is going to sign the petition, or even be aware it exists. it's just a representative sample, and in my opinion 50,000 signing an obscure petition through word of mouth is pretty good.

the prospects of the remake weren't nearly as good when the petition launched. now it seems clear that nintendo wants to make it, but aonuma's original comment that spurned this is that "it wouldn't be an utter impossibility." not really assured by any stretch. he said the fans would have to show support and really clamor for the game as they had for ocarina of time for majora's mask 3D to happen, hence the petition.

Happy_Mask

I hope ninty doesn't let the dust settle on this. I want some goron power...IN 3D!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Nintendo6400

I want a new zelda 3ds before a remake.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Nintendo6400

I want a new zelda 3ds before a remake.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Sonicmon

DarkNinja9 wrote:

someone even made a fan based you tube vid did anyone here see it? cuz it was amazing... o_o

ikr it does i wish it was real Dx

sonic fan for ever and i love sega best system ever the genesis
best game ever SONIC CD!!!!
playing:anything i feel like right now >:3
i was MR-SEGA

EvilRegal

I want to see some form of A Link to the Past, or another 2D Zelda before Majora or anything 3D. We haven't gotten a 2D Zelda since Spirit Tracks in '08 or '09. If we get Majora, then the next one would probably be an original 3D game. So you'd be looking at years before another traditional Zelda. Like with Mario, Nintendo should look out for fans of both 2D & 3D Zeldas. I don't want only 3D from here on out.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.