3DS Forum

Topic: MAJOR price drop: $169.99

Showing 41 to 60 of 85

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

41. Posted:

I don't know what to make of the price drop. It could be a good move on Nintendo's part to compact the PSVita but then some might think that it is a sign that Nintendo has lost hope?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

SteveW

42. Posted:

are any of the free games available to download right now?

SteveW

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

43. Posted:

Great news for future adopters, and great news for early adopters hence the free 20 games! B-)

sheesh people! I guess you can't please everybody. Personally, I'm super happy. BUT what i'm worried about is if the 3DS's higher res Screen will make GBA games look like crap. Hell, playing DS games(which I will not do after experiencing it) on the 3DS to get an idea sucks enough as it is. Either you put up witht he default softer washed out(color-wise) looking image, or go with the tiner screen which displays the game perfectly from a res and color standpoint, but the screen size then becomes smaller than the DS Lite's :(......Either way, you both lose. :p

If this is the case, with the GBA downloads, I'm passing. I'd rather buy the actual games off eBay and play them on my DS Lite.
And as rad as it is to beable to play NES games on the 3DS, I'm pretty much just interested in '3D' versions....But Free is Free, so i can't pass that up hehe.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

44. Posted:

All this tells me is that Nintendo sees the Vita as a legitimate threat...which means they're not as stupid as they look. Anyways, now the 3DS costs less than the Pokemon DSi bundle I was planning on getting, so I'm wondering if I should get the 3DS first. If nothing else, I can use it to play Shinobi and the 10 or so DSiWare games that are actually worth playing.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Splat

45. Posted:

OverlordMao wrote:

Meh, I still have no plans to pick up a 3DS any time soon.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Rensch

46. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

All this tells me is that Nintendo sees the Vita as a legitimate threat...which means they're not as stupid as they look. Anyways, now the 3DS costs less than the Pokemon DSi bundle I was planning on getting, so I'm wondering if I should get the 3DS first. If nothing else, I can use it to play Shinobi and the 10 or so DSiWare games that are actually worth playing.

Get the 3DS. You can play all DS games on it, anyway. That also includes Pokémon Black/White. (Which I think are a bit lackluster compared to previous titles in the series)

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

iphys

47. Posted:

What's to stop people from buying a 3DS right now at a store with 30-day price protection, and then getting the price adjusted after the price drop? I'm kind of surprised Nintendo announced the price drop ahead of time, because I can see people abusing this to get the 20 games for free.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

48. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Get the 3DS. You can play all DS games on it, anyway. That also includes Pokémon Black/White. (Which I think are a bit lackluster compared to previous titles in the series)

I actually just want the DSi for collectors purposes. The question is: do I get something I'll actually use first? Or do I get the collector's item before it get's too pricey? I'll have to sit on this one for a while.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

49. Posted:

iphys wrote:

What's to stop people from buying a 3DS right now at a store with 30-day price protection, and then getting the price adjusted after the price drop? I'm kind of surprised Nintendo announced the price drop ahead of time, because I can see people abusing this to get the 20 games for free.

Thank you for giving me ideas.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Hardy83

50. Posted:

iphys wrote:

Does anyone know if Bestbuy and Futureshop in Canada have this price protection policy?

Hardy83

AuthorMessage

LuigiTheGreenFire

51. Posted:

Well, I'm happy they are giving the early adopters the games that they deserve.

Nintendo fan for life!

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732

AuthorMessage

iphys

52. Posted:

I just checked Best Buy, and yes it's 30 days. I think FutureShop policies are identical, because it's the same store.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

53. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

OR this tells me that clearly Nintendo now realises that they overpriced the 3DS compared to their typical as always 'reasonable and affordable-like prices' that they're known for, plus the weak-ish sales didn't help either.

Aside from the Vita being a big threat or not, the 3DS's price was too high, the launch lineup wasn't so hot and the sales numbers weren't either. It makes sense for Nintendo to make some changes. But they should of planned the 3DS's price and launch a bit more carefully. those silly sallies.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Hardy83

54. Posted:

iphys wrote:

I just checked Best Buy, and yes it's 30 days. I think FutureShop policies are identical, because it's the same store.

Hmmm... It's 50 bucks off in Best Buy/Futureshop Canada right now. Get it for 200 then go back in 15 days and get the difference plus 10% refunded. PLUS get the 20 games.
HARMMMMM!!! lol That's super tempting. Even if the system is full price, you'd get 80 refunded plus 10%.

Hardy83

AuthorMessage

skywake

55. Posted:

cangelo wrote:

they will be straight ports...no multiplayer...no 3D.

Nothing is confirmed and, frankly, what is the point of Mario Kart Super Circuit without multiplayer? We don't know how they handle multiplayer on the VC because there aren't any multiplayer games on the VC yet.

NES Games? They probably will be straight ports to start (given they say it's the VC) but you'd think, given the only NES game on the service ATM is Excite Bike, if they were to start selling them (which is what they say is happening) they'd end up being 3D Classics. They say they'll start out as VC games but that once the "paid versions" of those games are on the eShop the "updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost". So to me it doesn't sound like they're going to be selling straight ports...... even if that's probably what we'll be downloading on September 1st.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

56. Posted:

Hardy83 wrote:

iphys wrote:

Hmmm... It's 50 bucks off in Best Buy/Futureshop Canada right now. Get it for 200 then go back in 15 days and get the difference plus 10% refunded. PLUS get the 20 games.
HARMMMMM!!! lol That's super tempting. Even if the system is full price, you'd get 80 refunded plus 10%.

Dude, do it. It's $90 for a fully loaded system.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

57. Posted:

Hmm...I wonder if this means we'll see a price drop on 3DS software. LEGO Star Wars III 3D sounds good to me at $19.99!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

Moco_Loco

58. Posted:

I've been gleaning from the forums that the current price of the 3DS was set as a result of the excitement surrounding the system at E3 2010. Basically, Nintendo got greedy and thought people would pay that price. Despite the fact that every gaming portable ever priced that high has suffered sluggish sales until the price dropped (PSP, PSP Go, possibly others since I don't know the full history of gaming handhelds). The Vita might have a shot at that price point, but only because it's offering a lot of bells and whistles for the dollar.

I hope they realize that the price of the games is also off-putting. I didn't mind dropping $40 on Ocarina of Time since I've never played it, but the prices should be tiered according to content. A game with little content should be priced at $19.99, average content $29.99, and the full $39.99 should be reserved for AAA experiences. Nintendo spent so much time preaching about how much better retail games are than mobile games, then released the equivalent of $5 mobile games for 8 times the price. Basically, I find myself checking back often at websites that tend to have frequent sales.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

AuthorMessage

Hardy83

59. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I don't understand. I'd still be paying around 200 bucks CAN.

Hardy83

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

60. Posted:

Hardy83 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I don't understand. I'd still be paying around 200 bucks CAN.

Bad math. You'll be paying $200, getting $30 + $100-$130 worth of content, meaning it's really only costing you $40-$70.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~