Forums

Topic: MAJOR price drop: $169.99

Posts 1 to 20 of 82

romulux

if you haven't seen the front page.... damn. nintendo really must be in serious trouble to do this. kind of bums me out that if i had waited a few more months i could have gotten a red 3DS for $80 cheaper, but i suppose the game boy advance VC news and 20 free games kind of makes up for it! $170 is even lower than what even the most optimistic predictions were before it released, so i guess no one can complain about the value now.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Corbs

I have to say, an $80 price drop after 5 months on the market is a bit of a reach. But I guess Nintendo is worried about VITA along with the lagging sales of 3DS. At least this makes the system more affordable to people during the holidays. Might put the system in people's hands that wouldn't normally be able to afford it at $250.

Plain old gamer :)

Turnip

assuming each game is 5$, we're getting 100$ in free gameboy/nes games. Whoever buys their 3DS before august 11th gets the better end of the deal.

Cringing is really fun.

Corbs

While I know what the press release says, I just don't see Nintendo making these GBA games available to people who bought the system early and no one else forever. Maybe for a length of time, but these are some of the most popular GBA games.

romulux

it makes you wonder how low the productions costs of the 3DS are if they can slash this much away... when iwata said the $250 price was inflated after E3 2010 i assumed they had originally been aiming around $200-220, but maybe this new price is more in line with what they originally were planning before they went overboard and hiked the price. i had read the wii cost only $80 to produce... :0

but i digress: yoshi's island and metroid fusion. so... hard to know... whether i'm angry or excited... yarrghghh

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Tasuki

I dont know this is starting to feel like the Virtual Boy here with the price drop so soon. Still at $169 I am tempted to pick one up now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Corbs

What operation will the fans start now to rebel against Nintendo for dropping the price so soon after launch. Operation: Pricefall?

Edited on by Corbs

Tasuki

@Romulux: I thought I read somewhere that it costs like $50 to produce the 3DS but I can be wrong.

@Corbs: Lol. Probably

I am kinda mixed on the whole thing.
I cant really afford the 250 price tag so the 169 is right up my alley, but than again I wont be able to get those games. Ah well Most of those NES games I have and the GBA ones I can probably find on Ebay or something.

My Backlog

Tasuki

KaiserGX wrote:

Why are they going to rebel. You get a price drop, and they get more than 80 dollars worth of games, that won't be available for others in a while.

Because some people out there want their cake and eat it as well.

My Backlog

Corbs

Why do people piss and moan on the internet 24/7. Who knows. LOL Maybe some people don't want a bunch of NES and GBA games. Most people bought the system for 3DS games.

Jamouse

Seems like Nintendo is kinda forcing people to buy the 3DS before August 1 (i mean the whole gba games wont be available to the public thing)

Jamouse

Tasuki

Corbs wrote:

Most people bought the system for 3DS games.

Heck I just want it so I can watch movies and tv shows when I am in the can.

My Backlog

James

KaiserGX wrote:

Idk what is happening to you Corbs, your starting not to talk like a Mod anymore.

Mods are allowed opinions too

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

KaiserGX

They can be a lot more respectable though. Corbs just seems different to me.
Edit: I think I know whats up. I'll e-mail you about it James. (Has something to do with robots)
Further Edit: I see TBD on, time for me to log off.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

theblackdragon

KaiserGX wrote:

They can be a lot more respectable though. Corbs just seems different to me.
Edit: I think I know whats up. I'll e-mail you about it James. (Has something to do with robots)

the next 'bizarre e-mails' article seems to be shaping up quite nicely... :3
edit: oh come on, i can't even joke about silly e-mails? :/

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.