3DS Forum

Topic: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Showing 981 to 1,000 of 1,278

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

981. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

So I just bought the game. Havent gotten the chance to play it though. Anyway, what do you experienced Lugi's Mansion fans think of the game? Is it a worthy sequel?

Having just played Luigi's Mansion before purchasing Dark Moon, This game feels a bit more like and extension rather a sequel. By that, I mean that while both games are based on the same theme, they play differently and feel unique from each other. Dark Moon is definitely a great game (at least imo), but as Popcorn basically expressed above, looking at Dark Moon as a sequel may definitely make you feel disappointed, since there are several noticeably irksome changes from the original (e.g. No Portrait Ghosts, No Elemental Ghosts, Level System rather than free exploration, etc.).

To state it simply, veterans like myself may be disappointed at the changes made in Dark Moon, but this doesn't make Dark Moon less of a good game, but rather, less of a sequel.

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

982. Posted:

My only complaint is that the controls need some getting use to. I loved the original and the best thing was the spot on vacuum accuracy. Other than that, the games is a pretty solid title. Anyway, I unlocked Skyscraper Mode. Anyone interersted in playing with Original Luigi's Mansion Platformer Man. >:3

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

983. Posted:

I had way to much fun playing online with one other from the site today! It was just us two but once we figured it out we killed it together! If anyone on my friends list sees me online please try to join as I'm sure with two more it will be that much more fun!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

984. Posted:

I find it better than the original in almost every way really. Yes, the first game had a spookier, darker atmosphere, but I'm having so much fun that I honestly don't miss it much. Although the ghosts are fought and re-fought again, I don't find them becoming boring because they're always changing up their motives. Sure, you see Greenies all the time, but when one pops out, you're always wondering "Well, what's he going to do this time? Will there be sunglasses, swords and shields?" etc. For generic, standardized enemies, the ghosts in Dark Moon ooze personality out of their (non-existent) ears. The portrait ghosts and backstories of the first game are kind of missed a little bit and it seems like the developers maybe thought about putting them in at some point, since one mini-boss fight in particular was reminiscent of them, but all in all, it's not a big enough issue to detract from this awesome, fun little game.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

985. Posted:

Haven't been able to play this game much, Fire Emblem is too addicting.
However i do really like the game

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Emaan

986. Posted:

I'll go ahead and state my opinions on the game so far, compared to the original.

Like others, the original game is very close to being my favorite game ever; so it's natural for me to be extra critical against the sequel. I didn't necessarily have high expectations going into this though, as I assumed I would end up liking the original better anyways. There are certain things from the original I wish were still a part of this game, such as portrait ghosts. I'm also not much of a fan of the level system, I don't think it suits this type of game- at least, the type of game the original built a foundation for.

The game just 'feels' different, which is good since I didn't buy this to have the exact same experience as the original. Yet there's still that something that feels missing.

In its own regard, so far, I think this is a great game. Compared to the original, I can't say it as much improves over the original as much as it just adds more content to it.

I kind of look at it as a slightly different approach to what the original was about. The core mechanics are there, but I do feel this game varies from it enough to be more of an addition to the original rather than an improvement.

I'm only on the second mansion though, so my impressions may change. :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Konata

987. Posted:

I'm at the Erie Staircase right now, it is such a PAIN!
Is there any pattern to it that I should know about?

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

988. Posted:

I'm almost about to get the game. Time can sure fly. I can't wait to go with people online.(Especially with Konata).

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Konata

989. Posted:

Big-Daddy wrote:

I'm almost about to get the game. Time can sure fly. I can't wait to go with people online.(Especially with Konata).

Hehe, I know I'm awesome.

I think I'm gonna need a game guide, I am so annoyed by those stairs >_<.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

990. Posted:

@Konata take the staircase that has unlit torches. But you have to watch four or five staircases ahead...

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Konata

991. Posted:

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@Konata take the staircase that has unlit torches. But you have to watch four or five staircases ahead...

Thanks!
After tons of pain and suffering I'm almost at the top!
(I looked at a guide, then I realized it's all randomized.)

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

992. Posted:

Big-Daddy wrote:

I'm almost about to get the game. Time can sure fly. I can't wait to go with people online.(Especially with Undead_terror).

I know right! (jk) I didn't play any dark moon today for some reason, but in a half hour I will get on to play some scarescapper.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Konata

993. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

Big-Daddy wrote:

I'm almost about to get the game. Time can sure fly. I can't wait to go with people online.(Especially with Undead_terror).

I know right! (jk) I didn't play any dark moon today for some reason, but in a half hour I will get on to play some scarescapper.

Oooh! can I join you?

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

994. Posted:

Unlocked scarescrapper today and it is fun to play with my brother.Haven't played much after i have unlocked it.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

995. Posted:

Has any one had coins get stuck in furniture. Happened to me a couple times and once a gold bar was stuck under a table and i was not able to vacuum it in.Gets real annoying after a while

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

996. Posted:

On now so if you guys on my friends list wants to play now, I am game!

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

997. Posted:

I'm only on the first mansion. :p Also I might come join you guys on Scarescrapper.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

Konata

998. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

On now so if you guys on my friends list wants to play now, I am game!

I'm here if you wanna make a ScareScraper open.
Edit: By the way, I think it shows me as "Sherr."

Edited on by Konata

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

999. Posted:

Hey @Konata can you add me? I'll play Scarescraper with you.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

Konata

1,000. Posted:

I got to go after we are done with this round @Nintengirl, but I had loads of fun :D
Thank you!

Visit my K-Pop lair!