Forums

Topic: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,215

grumblebuzzz

I find it better than the original in almost every way really. Yes, the first game had a spookier, darker atmosphere, but I'm having so much fun that I honestly don't miss it much. Although the ghosts are fought and re-fought again, I don't find them becoming boring because they're always changing up their motives. Sure, you see Greenies all the time, but when one pops out, you're always wondering "Well, what's he going to do this time? Will there be sunglasses, swords and shields?" etc. For generic, standardized enemies, the ghosts in Dark Moon ooze personality out of their (non-existent) ears. The portrait ghosts and backstories of the first game are kind of missed a little bit and it seems like the developers maybe thought about putting them in at some point, since one mini-boss fight in particular was reminiscent of them, but all in all, it's not a big enough issue to detract from this awesome, fun little game.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

e-love

I'll go ahead and state my opinions on the game so far, compared to the original.

Like others, the original game is very close to being my favorite game ever; so it's natural for me to be extra critical against the sequel. I didn't necessarily have high expectations going into this though, as I assumed I would end up liking the original better anyways. There are certain things from the original I wish were still a part of this game, such as portrait ghosts. I'm also not much of a fan of the level system, I don't think it suits this type of game- at least, the type of game the original built a foundation for.

The game just 'feels' different, which is good since I didn't buy this to have the exact same experience as the original. Yet there's still that something that feels missing.

In its own regard, so far, I think this is a great game. Compared to the original, I can't say it as much improves over the original as much as it just adds more content to it.

I kind of look at it as a slightly different approach to what the original was about. The core mechanics are there, but I do feel this game varies from it enough to be more of an addition to the original rather than an improvement.

I'm only on the second mansion though, so my impressions may change.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Arianabtd

I'm at the Erie Staircase right now, it is such a PAIN!
Is there any pattern to it that I should know about?

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Arianabtd

Big-Daddy wrote:

I'm almost about to get the game. Time can sure fly. I can't wait to go with people online.(Especially with Konata).

Hehe, I know I'm awesome.

I think I'm gonna need a game guide, I am so annoyed by those stairs >_<.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

TsunamiSensei

@Konata take the staircase that has unlit torches. But you have to watch four or five staircases ahead...

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Arianabtd

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@Konata take the staircase that has unlit torches. But you have to watch four or five staircases ahead...

Thanks!
After tons of pain and suffering I'm almost at the top!
(I looked at a guide, then I realized it's all randomized.)

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Undead_terror

Big-Daddy wrote:

I'm almost about to get the game. Time can sure fly. I can't wait to go with people online.(Especially with Undead_terror).

I know right! (jk) I didn't play any dark moon today for some reason, but in a half hour I will get on to play some scarescapper.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Arianabtd

undead_terror wrote:

Big-Daddy wrote:

I'm almost about to get the game. Time can sure fly. I can't wait to go with people online.(Especially with Undead_terror).

I know right! (jk) I didn't play any dark moon today for some reason, but in a half hour I will get on to play some scarescapper.

Oooh! can I join you?

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

CrimsonFire

Has any one had coins get stuck in furniture. Happened to me a couple times and once a gold bar was stuck under a table and i was not able to vacuum it in.Gets real annoying after a while

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Nintengirl

I'm only on the first mansion. Also I might come join you guys on Scarescrapper.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

Arianabtd

undead_terror wrote:

On now so if you guys on my friends list wants to play now, I am game!

I'm here if you wanna make a ScareScraper open.
Edit: By the way, I think it shows me as "Sherr."

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintengirl

Hey @Konata can you add me? I'll play Scarescraper with you.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)

Nintengirl

Thanks! It was my first time on it and it was really fun. If you ever want to again (or anybody else) just ask. I'll be playing all week.

MasterWario

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Has any one had coins get stuck in furniture. Happened to me a couple times and once a gold bar was stuck under a table and i was not able to vacuum it in.Gets real annoying after a while

I think a few times I've gotten gold bars stuck in another room! -_-

I actually don't think I've gotten any stuck in furniture, although I believe I've gotten money stuck behind garden walls, but Luigi can actually grab them through those.

@Emaan I'm getting a sense of déjà vu from your post.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.