Forums

Topic: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,215

MasterWario

Popcorn wrote:

school got canceled today so i have all day to play this

anyone trying to get 100% besides me? i got every boo and gem up to b-3 so far

I've been trying to find Boos, but I've only found two so far by B-4 (including the one you automatically get). I thought I looked everywhere in A-1, but I had no luck...I got three stars though! ^_^

I like how you get more gold if you suck up a ghost with a stronger surge and/or multiple ghosts at the same time; adds a nice, optional complexity into the ghost fights.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Ploppins

Hey everyone!

This game is so good =P I am LOVING it!

I've only played Hunter mode in the Scarescraper once, though. I'm actually having a hard time connecting right now =/

What kind of strategies do you guys employ? Do you search everything and try and find as much loot? Or do you try and defeat all of the ghosts as quick as possible?

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

zoroarkrules25

This game is great, i beat the first mansion today. E. Gadd is hilarious in the game.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Arianabtd

The ScareScraper is working much better for me today.
I really like it x3. Except when people hog the keys and they don't know where to go! Then we get no where. It sucks!

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

MrGameluvr

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

Hey everyone!

This game is so good =P I am LOVING it!

I've only played Hunter mode in the Scarescraper once, though. I'm actually having a hard time connecting right now =/

What kind of strategies do you guys employ? Do you search everything and try and find as much loot? Or do you try and defeat all of the ghosts as quick as possible?

My strategy is this:
1. LOOK EVERYWHERE: Gold and money are hidden in places you would never even expect.
2. When fighting ghosts, I wait until my power gauge is full and then suck them in. This yields more money from capturing them. Also I try to capture two ghosts at the same time while trying to get a full power gauge.

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

Dark-Luigi

Konata wrote:

I really like it x3. Except when people hog the keys and they don't know where to go! Then we get no where. It sucks!

Glad it's working for you. I can't wait to get the game on Friday or April 1st so we can play together! P.s Did you get the note I sent you from swapnote?

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

e-love

I'm trying to 100% this game as well, to some of you doing the same ^

Since I pretty much did all I could do in the original, I'm going for all gems, all boos, etc. in this one :3

Now to make some solid progress. I'm still in the first mansion, but there's no rush.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Arianabtd

Big-Daddy wrote:

Konata wrote:

Glad it's working for you. I can't wait to get the game on Friday or April 1st so we can play together! P.s Did you get the note I sent you from swapnote?

I still have swapnote but I never actually USE it. I get so many crap messages I just got fed up with it x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

NinChocolate

Down to one last gem in the first mansion but I can't find it! If I could, I could move onto mansion two so much easier, lol

Edited on by NinChocolate

NinChocolate

Popcorn

im really loving the abonded mine

Nintendo Network : Popcorn
3ds FC: 2621-2651-7547
Animal Crossing New Leaf Fruit: Pear

Nintengirl

I haven't unlocked ScareScrapper yet, but when I do I'll play with you guys.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

MasterWario

Konata wrote:

Konata if you run/sprint into a player holding a key they will drop it, and then you can pick it up! ^_^

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

GamecubeMan

So I just bought the game. Havent gotten the chance to play it though. Anyway, what do you experienced Lugi's Mansion fans think of the game? Is it a worthy sequel?

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Arianabtd

MasterWario wrote:

Konata wrote:

Konata if you run/sprint into a player holding a key they will drop it, and then you can pick it up! ^_^

I know x3. I've watched other people do it, but somehow when I do it, it never works.

Rush mode is a serious pain when everyone isn't working together. I've done it five times today (all five floor, normal level.) And I haven't been able to complete it ONCE.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Undead_terror

CM30 wrote:

LOL, someone already broke the game:

One day after Japanese release, someone already finds a glitch...

Did this glitch a few times now, I was able to get outside and was able to get between floor boards in which I could not get out.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Popcorn

GamecubeMan wrote:

So I just bought the game. Havent gotten the chance to play it though. Anyway, what do you experienced Lugi's Mansion fans think of the game? Is it a worthy sequel?

ok im going to totally rant now that someone asked! lol

luigi's mansion 1 is my favorite game ever besides diablo 2 so i had very high expectations when the game was first announced. i was very depressed to see they removed the idea of portrait ghosts too and replaced them with more generic ghosts that repeat themselves over and over.the game is also on rails so its not like a linear exploration like the original. i also felt as if they changed the visuals too much from the original and its more of a cartoony feel (which really isnt a horrible thing), i would also say they geared it more towards the general audience even more than the first one so you won't see any possessed little girls sleeping on the ceiling. and they removed the original theme that played all the time and changed it to something else and took out elements and added alot of puzzles.and one last thing before i go onto the pros; in my opinion i felt like i didnt want to move on without finding every single gem and boo. now i felt the way with the boo's in the first game but their locations were utterly obvious so it wasnt a problem and the gems wernt even mentioned so i had no pressure on those. but in dark moon they made finding boo's extremely complex and difficult and i felt i needed to get every boo to unlock that last mission and i felt like i was constantly being notified on those gems on my touch screen. and i know i said that was the last thing bbut i gotta say something else.... egadd is so incredibly annoying in this one and he calls you on the ds every 5 minutes dear lord lol.

now pros:

very improved sucking mechanics for gosts... they should of been like this in the origibal to start with. its longer, its in 3d it has multiplayer. and even though i said above i didnt really like how they did collectibles its undeniable replay value. the game is also very funny.

but anyway dark moon is an insanely awesome standalone game but loving the original so much i didnt find it as good

im going to be surprised if anyone reads my gigantic wall of text but if you do tell me your thoughts

Nintendo Network : Popcorn
3ds FC: 2621-2651-7547
Animal Crossing New Leaf Fruit: Pear

MasterWario

GamecubeMan wrote:

Having just played Luigi's Mansion before purchasing Dark Moon, This game feels a bit more like and extension rather a sequel. By that, I mean that while both games are based on the same theme, they play differently and feel unique from each other. Dark Moon is definitely a great game (at least imo), but as Popcorn basically expressed above, looking at Dark Moon as a sequel may definitely make you feel disappointed, since there are several noticeably irksome changes from the original (e.g. No Portrait Ghosts, No Elemental Ghosts, Level System rather than free exploration, etc.).

To state it simply, veterans like myself may be disappointed at the changes made in Dark Moon, but this doesn't make Dark Moon less of a good game, but rather, less of a sequel.

My Pushmo Levels

GamecubeMan

My only complaint is that the controls need some getting use to. I loved the original and the best thing was the spot on vacuum accuracy. Other than that, the games is a pretty solid title. Anyway, I unlocked Skyscraper Mode. Anyone interersted in playing with Original Luigi's Mansion Platformer Man. >:3

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I had way to much fun playing online with one other from the site today! It was just us two but once we figured it out we killed it together! If anyone on my friends list sees me online please try to join as I'm sure with two more it will be that much more fun!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.