Forums

Topic: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,215

sugarpixel

I was already super excited for this game... and now the online mode just astronomically increased my excitement! At least it's coming a lot sooner than Pokemon X&Y! I wasn't sure if it would keep me occupied until then, but the inclusion of of multiplayer increases the amount of play time I'll get from it! Yes!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Emaan wrote:

@Happy_Mask, we need to add each other on 3DS while we're at it.
Already got you on Wii U.

I wonder if we'll get a demo before this releases?

I'm going to say its 50/50. I think Fire Emblem needed one to get people to notice the franchise. Now we didn't get one for Mario kart, 3dland, or NSMB because they are well recognized! Luigi is well recognized but his game might not be familiar enough for some. I still think Kid Icarus needs one.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

shakes fist
Dang it, I was supposed to keep myself from getting excited for this so I could focus on the other games I want.

Too late for that then.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Zach777

@Tech101 source? It is listed as retail only on eShop whereas games that will be retail/digital like Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey IV are listed as such. It may be retail only like KIU because of too much content...

Switch Friend Code: 2533-4777-6888
Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260
Pokémon GO Friend Code: 0296 8052 5792

Switch Friend Code: SW-2533-4777-6888 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794 | My Nintendo: Zach777 | Nintendo Network ID: Zach777

Spoony_Tech

Zach777 wrote:

@Tech101 source? It is listed as retail only on eShop whereas games that will be retail/digital like Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey IV are listed as such. It may be retail only like KIU because of too much content...

Did you read the news on the front page yesterday?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/nintendo_details_mul...

Also Nintendo has stated that all their games going forward are going to be available on both formats! Japan is behind us on that though as they will be getting Fire Emblem on the eshop soon! Don't worry its just a typo.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CM30

I think there probably will be an eShop demo, simply because Luigi's Mansion isn't your standard Mario or Nintendo game, and has a very strange style of gameplay. It's definitely a series which is either 'love it or hate it', so I suspect they'll release a demo to let new players try it out and see whether they want to buy it.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

e-love

Wish North America kept the 2 in the title.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Spoony_Tech

I'm going to guess that they assume that not too many people heard of the first one so not to confuse people.

MERG said:

Happy_Mask

@Emaan Added

But yeah, very few non-hardcore gamers know about the original, the two might not make sense, even if it sounds much better.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

ThePirateCaptain

@Happy_Mask
Off Topic: People over at the Best Title Screen Thread aren't thrilled with your Crazy Bus nomination.

I don't know, I kind of like the title Dark Moon instead of just Luigi's Mansion 2. Nothing against numbered sequels, but having a real title gives it more character imo.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

HandheldGuru97

I played this for a few minutes on Monday up at Sundance. Since they only had it on one 3DS and everyone there wanted to play this game I had to wait quiet a while and by the time I started playing I had to leave however I did play it long enough to get a feel for it. The controls seemed fine, but I spent most of my time on the demo getting used to them, but had I had a few more minutes I think I could of gotten the hang of them. The graphics look fantastic, but when it cuts to a cutscene I felt that they weren't as strong as they could be. I didn't get a change to get the Poltergust 5000 (I only played the game for 3 or 4 minutes), but from what little I did play I really enjoyed and with the inclusion of online multiplayer I am picking this up day one.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Marakuto

I've convinced some of my friends to get a 3DS now because of this game and Monster Hunter. I can't wait to get my hands on this and play with people online.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

CM30

Neo-GeoFan wrote:

I played this for a few minutes on Monday up at Sundance. Since they only had it on one 3DS and everyone there wanted to play this game I had to wait quiet a while and by the time I started playing I had to leave however I did play it long enough to get a feel for it. The controls seemed fine, but I spent most of my time on the demo getting used to them, but had I had a few more minutes I think I could of gotten the hang of them. The graphics look fantastic, but when it cuts to a cutscene I felt that they weren't as strong as they could be. I didn't get a change to get the Poltergust 5000 (I only played the game for 3 or 4 minutes), but from what little I did play I really enjoyed and with the inclusion of online multiplayer I am picking this up day one.

When you say the graphics aren't as strong as they could be in a cut scene, what do you mean by that? I don't notice much wrong with the graphics in the screenshots and trailers, so what could be wrong there? After all, games render cut scenes in engine now...

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

PanicPuppet

About the title change: calling it Dark Moon reminds me of all those brother-sister games on GBC, GBA, and DS; which were all basically the same game but with the slightest differences. (Megaman Blue Moon/Red Sun, Digimon Dawn/Dusk, most Pokemon games, etc.)

Calling it LM 2 is straight and to the point.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

CerealKiller528

I was hesitant about buying this game, but after hearing it has online, I'm sold. Even if it didn't have online, it'd still get it.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

awesomerockets

I want this game so bad! I'm gonna pre-order it first chance I get!

The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, and Kid Icarus. The best!

SarcasticWisdom

I want this game, me and my friends going to be playing it all day :3 It will keep me busy before AC comes out

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

Boidoh

Do people already have review copies of the game?

MK7 Boidoh Community - 00-7129-7795-9381
Wii - 7071-2402-1059-5699
Mario Kart Wii - 3611-6537-0475
Dr. Mario Online RX - 4430-2128-3154

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7750-0068 | Nintendo Network ID: Boidoh

Spoony_Tech

Boidoh wrote:

Do people already have review copies of the game?

It's kinda early for that. I would say beginning of march end of February.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.