3DS Forum

Topic: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Showing 461 to 480 of 1,278

AuthorMessage

Emaan

461. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

And the original game certainly wasn't perfect...

Oh yes it was. :D

In my opinion at least, I don't care if its short. I wouldn't change anything about the original.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

462. Posted:

I think not having portrait ghosts is a step back for the series. It was kinda fun finding out small back stories to the portrait ghosts; it gave the game some replay value. (even though most reviews I've seen for LM say there was little to none :l ) There were several ways to do this using the Gameboy Horror, "Bookcase foreshadowing" and sometimes the ghosts would even tell their backstory.
Removing Protrait Ghosts makes me question the depth of this game. Sure the game has also taken a few steps forward by adding more mansion and a couple new abilities to the vaccum (the exact name slips my mined at the moment) but it's kind of challenging to determine which game will out shine the other. Mostly because Nintendo hasnt really explained that much about Dark Moon IMO.

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

CM30

463. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

I think not having portrait ghosts is a step back for the series. It was kinda fun finding out small back stories to the portrait ghosts; it gave the game some replay value. (even though most reviews I've seen for LM say there was little to none :l ) There were several ways to do this using the Gameboy Horror, "Bookcase foreshadowing" and sometimes the ghosts would even tell their backstory.
Removing Protrait Ghosts makes me question the depth of this game. Sure the game has also taken a few steps forward by adding more mansion and a couple new abilities to the vaccum (the exact name slips my mined at the moment) but it's kind of challenging to determine which game will out shine the other. Mostly because Nintendo hasnt really explained that much about Dark Moon IMO.

Do we know that there aren't portrait ghosts in this game? For all we know, that boss guy we saw in an early trailer might be one, and others might exist in later mansions.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

464. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

CM30 wrote:

In my opinion at least, I don't care if its short. I wouldn't change anything about the original.

People don't seem to realise that the length of a game doesn't relate to its quality. A game being short doesn't make it bad - and I'd also prefer a short game that was perfect from start to finish than a longer game that outstayed its welcome. I'm not saying anything about how good Luigi's Mansion is though as I've never played it - but if length is ones only complaint then it's a brilliant game.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

465. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

CM30 wrote:

/me high fives Emaan
That it is my friend, that it is. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

466. Posted:

Im pretty sure the giant spider in the trailer is a boss :P But your right, that mummy could be a protrait ghost. Nintendo has kept most of the story a secret but it seems your probably going to obtain the dark moon pieces for E. Gadd. Maybe we will see a couple of bosses/protrait ghosts on the way but it will become less frequent. @CM30

Gamecubeloggery

AuthorMessage

Zsxdflip

467. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@JaythekidRS

PAL means a European copy of the game. NTSC is American, and I;m not sure what Japanese is.

I believe Japan is NTSC-J

Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code:1248-0956-7211

Pokemon White Friend Code: 3868-8536-1711

Nintendo Network ID: Zsxdflip | Twitter: zsxdflip

AuthorMessage

NintendoFlow

468. Posted:

I Cant wait to get my hands on a New Luigi's Mansion game. Its been soo many years :)

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4441-8622-9290

3DS Friend Code: 4441-8622-9290 | Twitter: ChuloJS

AuthorMessage

CM30

469. Posted:

NintendoFlow wrote:

I Cant wait to get my hands on a New Luigi's Mansion game. Its been soo many years :)

Agreed entirely. Luigi's Mansion has been long overdue for a sequel, and Dark Moon looks like it'd be even better than expected.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

CM30

470. Posted:

Also, a new magazine scan showing the game:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/lmdmja...

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendo3dsnews/luigis-mansion-da...

Looks like King Boo was involved in destroying the Dark Moon.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

471. Posted:

I've suspected King Boo was behind the breaking of the Dark Moon, because he also freed the portrait ghosts from the first game to turn against E. Gadd. Now he's using E. Gadd's once-friendly ghosts against him.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Konata

472. Posted:

I kinda put this game out of my head since we had no release date, but now that we have one for America I'm really excited.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

473. Posted:

I've got like five games I'm buying before this. Ugh I wish it was a month latter. Now the mad rush to save money ensues! Can't wait though. It's been waaaaaay too long since I've played luigis Mansion!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

474. Posted:

Man, I love having a birthday in March. I still need to play the original game though, the copy I bought had a scratched disc but I'm still hyped for Dark Moon.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Emaan

475. Posted:

March 24, 2013!

@Konata, I agree. Actually knowing the release date hypes me up so much more now.

Interesting this is being released the same day as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, if anyone noticed. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Konata

476. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

March 24, 2013!

@Konata, I agree. Actually knowing the release date hypes me up so much more now.

Interesting this is being released the same day as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, if anyone noticed. :O

holy crap, no way!

I'm gonna have money troubles now -_-

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

CM30

477. Posted:

Some new artwork and screenshots of Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon!

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendo3dsnews/luigis-mansion-da...

Most interesting is the new artwork of Professor E Gadd and the map in the third screen. Thought these mansions were small? Think again, this one has SIX FLOORS!

AuthorMessage

ClassicJetterz

478. Posted:

I'm pretty excited for this game.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

479. Posted:

MARCH 24TH 2013 0.0
I was hoping for January but this is good too.

Gamecubeloggery

AuthorMessage

CM30

480. Posted:

I'm pretty sure we knew it was going to be released sometime in March already, that's the time/month they announced last year. It's just the date that's new.

Although Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon in January would have been awesome.