Forums

Topic: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,215

Midnight3DS

Harrison_Peter wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Just a friendly reminder with the deadline drawing near... if you purchased a 3DS X Lrecently, AND Dark Moon, if you register both on Club Nintendo by April (30th?), you can download a select game for free. Mario Land 3D and Professor Layton being the heavy hitters.

Question: How does this work with the "So Many Games!" promotion? You get a free game if you register the 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion, but Luigi's Mansion is also one of the games in the "So Many Games!" promotion. If you're unaware what that is, if you purchase 3 of the 8 games on the list, you get to choose a 4th to download for free. If you used LM:DM to get that free game, can you also use LM:DM for the "So Many Games!" promotion?

I have no idea how that works out.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

k8sMum

my grandson, Danny, called me a couple of days ago telling me he had good news. he asked if i was ready for it, if i was sitting down, was i really ready for it...then he told me he had beat the game. he was so proud. he is now 7 (actually, 7 1/2, thank you very much). i got him his 3ds for christmas '12 and bought him his copy of LM:DM. he told me all about the end videos, which he loved. he only got about 6 boos and missed a lot of the gems, but i am so proud that he stuck with a game that has some difficult worlds (rooms?) in it.

we are going to play Scarescraper together when he is here this summer. we are also both getting AC:NL to play together. good memories are being made.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Ralizah

k8sMum wrote:

my grandson, Danny, called me a couple of days ago telling me he had good news. he asked if i was ready for it, if i was sitting down, was i really ready for it...then he told me he had beat the game. he was so proud. he is now 7 (actually, 7 1/2, thank you very much). i got him his 3ds for christmas '12 and bought him his copy of LM:DM. he told me all about the end videos, which he loved. he only got about 6 boos and missed a lot of the gems, but i am so proud that he stuck with a game that has some difficult worlds (rooms?) in it.

we are going to play Scarescraper together when he is here this summer. we are also both getting AC:NL to play together. good memories are being made.

I have to say, you seem like an awesome grandma. Danny is lucky.

I play old NES and PS2 games with my 4-year-old nephew regularly, and I gave him my old 3DS so that he can play some newer games on it (replacing his worn out DS Lite). I love Nintendo consoles because they have no shortage of child-appropriate games that are quite fun. It has become increasingly hard to find similar offerings on consoles from competitors.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Happy_Mask

k8sMum wrote:

That is one of the most adorable things I have ever heard.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

e-love

I'm going to try and finally beat this game tonight.

Wish me lucky everyone~

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

MasterWario

Emaan wrote:

I'm going to try and finally beat this game tonight.

Wish me lucky everyone~

Nah man, I wish you the best of focus!

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

e-love

Well I just beat it:

That last mansion, with secret mines coming at a close second, is definitely my favorite mansion in the game. I really liked all the variety found in each room. For some reason, I just loved the nautical and space rooms, they were really neat. :3

The Big Boo boss was so creative! It was a nice nod to the original game's Boolossus battle, albeit much less frustrating (not complaining there). I thought the circussy music fit the Boo's perfectly- as I think they've been associated with that before via Super Mario 64 and the Strikers games. Overall, probably my favorite non-final boss of the game.

I really enjoyed the final battle with King Boo, particularly the running sequences. As epic as the original's? Possibly.

Anyone else slightly disappointed they went with the whole Mario-captured storyline again?
It just seems so thrown in, as that wasn't even Luigi's motive the whole game up until the very end. It all felt a little unnecessary to me.

I loved the ending though, especially with Luigi getting a ghost puppy

Pretty great game~

Joeynator3000

Well, I finished the game...Dunno if I'll go online at some point but I'm gonna spend some time with that Scarescraper for a bit. (might go online for some of the harder parts, but gonna stick with "Normal" for now. xD)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Happy_Mask

I still like decapitating bowser with spike balls.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

MasterWario

I have the feeling this is the kind of game you get very excited about for like a month, and then just forget about...I guess in part it's because once you beat the game, there isn't much to talk about.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

CM30

MasterWario wrote:

I have the feeling this is the kind of game you get very excited about for like a month, and then just forget about...I guess in part it's because once you beat the game, there isn't much to talk about.

Isn't that the case with... most games? The hype for a new non multiplayer game in general only lasts a few months or so too, just see what happened with Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros 2.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

CM30

Treacherous Mansion. Loved the style, loved the music, loved the neat cut scenes played in each mission and I thought the Tough Possessor battle (the one with the suits of armour/knights) was awesome. Not to mention the clever puzzles that had you take items through portals, that was some of the best level design in the game.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

MasterWario

CM30 wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Isn't that the case with... most games? The hype for a new non multiplayer game in general only lasts a few months or so too, just see what happened with Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros 2.

I could talk about Pikmin 2 and Super Mario Sunshine all day, to name two. The unique thing about Luigi's Mansion is it's a very good game. Super Mario Land 3D and Super Mario Bros. 2 weren't all that great imo, so I don't really want to talk about them.

My Pushmo Levels

e-love

Treacherous Mansion was definitely my favorite, followed by Secret Mine.

kkslider5552000

this was already on page 3. Inexcusable.

ALSO OMG I COULD GET ANOTHER NEW GAME THIS YEAR, THANK GOD. I have enough money to get games again. Might not play it today but great to finally have this game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Mr_Vengeance

I beat this wonderful little game today myself too. Just decided yesterday to pick it up again and finish it off, having played through the first three mansions in the weeks following release; I put it away for a bit though.

Some of the levels in the title were really, really good. Top drawer design. There was an air of tension in it too, possibly as a result of the lack of checkpoints (not that I ever "died" in the game all that much though). There was little frustration in it either, which is welcome as I do not have the patience for games which are poorly designed or spike in difficulty for no reason.

The visuals, controls, atmosphere and music were all excellent in this game. I really enjoyed the combat, though the "dodge" on the B button wasn't as well implemented as it could of been possibly.... My main gripe with it is the meaningless RPG element - there was no real point in putting the upgrade mechanic in there as it didn't really do much. Really, who got excited when they upgraded the strobe light?? This part of the game could have been better thought out in my view.

All in all though, a superb little adventure. I'm going to get back to it again soon to find more of the boos and gems, and maybe give the online multiplayer mode another go; thought it was okay before, but nothing special.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 6960 3230

Currently playing: Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

SuperJoon

This is turning out to be one of my favourite games on the 3DS. Wonder if they will bring a version or new one for the Wii U.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Luigi is so entertaining.

Gonna take a while to get used to these controls, I lost half my health to early enemies...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

k8sMum

this game showed me the only negative about the 3ds xl: my thumb kept slipping off the circle pad. it needs some texture to stop that.

luigi's mansion 2 is incredibly fun!

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.