3DS Forum

Topic: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,280

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

1,021. Posted:

i am enjoying LM2: fun gameplay with some real difficulty to make it interesting. @TBD: you're right about the professor being a bit intrusive, but it hasn't irritated me too much. the controls are a bit more wonky than in the original too, imo.

my main problem is with cramping in my right hand. i have serious nintendo thumb from years of button mashing and this game takes a toll on my hand. i cannot even bear to think of what it is like to play on a regular 3DS: i would be crippled.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,022. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@Tech101: Ant switched up the 'edit, quote, report' links today to display on mouseover, the way they do on the mainsite. they were a bit buggy in firefox this morning and he's fixed that, and I've let him know that they're still not displaying right on the phone, so hopefully he'll have it all hammered out for us soon.

as for LM2... i was so ready to love this game, and i'm just not feeling it. the professor is really starting to tick more off, all his interruptions are really obnoxious when i'm just going around and exploring and stuff. i'll keep going with it for a couple more missions at least, but if it doesn't start capturing me soon i'm probably just gonna go back to FE:A. :(

If I tap that space they appear but thanks for replying to me!

It can't just be the professor ticking you off. What else about it don't you like? I'm having a wonderful time.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,023. Posted:

@Tech101: I just got an e-mail telling me to check 'em since he tweaked it again, so it looks like they're fixed now on my phone's end. glad to hear it's working on yours too now :3

anyway, it is definitely the professor ticking me off, because everything stops and you have to see what he wants, and i just want to explore, y'know?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,024. Posted:

How far are you? I've noticed he doesn't stop you quite as much more into the game. He really only seems to stop you when you just finished an objective.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

1,025. Posted:

I'm just about to start clockworks! (Well I started it yesterday, but I had to turn my 3DS off so I have to start it over. I wish there was some sort of quick save option.) It looks pretty cool.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,026. Posted:

@Tech101: I think i've just hit the fourth or fifth mission, i can't remember off top of my head. i just think if maybe the professor's text ran on the bottom screen or something without interrupting my exploration, i'd get the info i needed without the big fat HALT in gameplay, y'know? i never did play the original, so maybe i'm not getting the nostalgia working for me on it, i guess. :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Danb159

1,027. Posted:

Can't wait to get this game tomorrow, seems people are really enjoying it. :D

FC: 3368 - 1387 - 8699

Twitter: GatezUK

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

1,028. Posted:

E. Gadd stops calling so much after the first mansion, so hang in there. It's an awesome game.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

CM30

1,029. Posted:

So, it's probably old, but has anyone seen this guy's guitar cover of the main theme for this game?

It's pretty decent.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,030. Posted:

I FINALLY found the A-1 boo...of course you knew it had to be a hard place since it's the shortest level in the game. I've only got one more boo in gloomy mansion left! I made it to Clockworks today too, I'm really liking it so far.

About the professor getting annoying, he certainly can if you just want to explore, but I try to get into the narrative of the story and it seems to help a lot, if that makes any sense. Of course, like other people have said, E. Gadd calms down a lot once you get past the first mansion, and if you ever redo any of the levels you can press start twice to skip through his DS calls.

@CrimsonFire13 That's actually my ringtone right now :3

Edited on by MasterWario

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,031. Posted:

I found all the boos in the first mansion. It's really easy actually as long as you comb over every room. Plus I've played the first mansion so much I can tell what's missing in the room! Once you get all the ghosts it sort of unlocks a ghost rush stage. I three stared it the second time as the first I was still trying to collect all the gold and time is more important!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

1,032. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@Tech101: Ant switched up the 'edit, quote, report' links today to display on mouseover, the way they do on the mainsite. they were a bit buggy in firefox this morning and he's fixed that, and I've let him know that they're still not displaying right on the phone, so hopefully he'll have it all hammered out for us soon.

I'd noticed this as well, thanks for your diligence @theblackdragon (and the webmaster guy too) :D

Edited on by OptometristLime

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

Popcorn

1,033. Posted:

beat the single player and got every boo and gem

anyone want to play scarescraper? im about to try it

Nintendo Network : Popcorn
3ds FC: 2621-2651-7547
Animal Crossing New Leaf Fruit: Pear

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,034. Posted:

FFG: 79/100

Their main issues were that it didn't give them good direction in some areas, and some levels were too long for a portable game.

They loved the rest of it, though (although they said the ghost theme should have warranted an E10 rating, instead of E).

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

1,035. Posted:

I got the game today and played the first 2 stages. Very enjoyable so far.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,036. Posted:

Along with E. Gadd calling you a lot, this game is just much more streamlined than the original; considering the level system and other things.

I would much prefer the design of the original game. I would take three Luigi's Mansion 1 size mansions over having the amount that's present in this game any day- with them being smaller and more linear as a trade-off.

Anyways, just got to Haunted Towers. I really like this plant theme a lot more than Gloomy Mansion's :3

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

1,037. Posted:

At first I didn't like the mission based structure over the original's more open ended setup, but the more I play, the more I think it fits this one well. It just works better for a portable game. Also, the variety of the mansions is impressive. This is easily among my favorite 3DS games.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage

Adhrast

1,038. Posted:

Midnight here, downloading it from the eShop :D
Can't wait to try it!

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

1,039. Posted:

Im only at the second mansion an barely tounching the game, im not saying it's a bad game but im not in the gaming mood lately...need to slap some sense in me

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,040. Posted:

That's ok. I've put about 6-8 hours into this and I'm just now ready to head for the second mansion. I'm just missing one gem from the first and don't feel like looking for it.

Also anyone on my friends list want to play online tonight me and one other will be playing at 11 est. Join us if you can. So far I've only played with two of us!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech