Posts 101 to 120 of 1,215

woodlin37

this game is the only reason i bought a 3ds! i cant wait for luigi's mansion 2

Twitter = @woodlin37G

Twitter:

LordTendoboy

Moco_Loco wrote:

paburrows wrote:

So I've never played the original, I love all of the Mario games, how does this compare? Can someone discribe the game and say why the original game is good or not and why I should run out on the first day and buy it? I really want to love it, but don't know much about it.

Apart from being set in the same universe, Luigi's Mansion is not much like typical Mario games. You don't jump. Instead, you explore a haunted house, catch ghosts, and find keys to open up more areas of the mansion. It's a fun game, but the original is quite short. To really get a feel, watch some gameplay videos on YouTube or track down a copy if you have something that can play it.

The best way to describe it is "Ghostbusters set in the Mario universe."

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

Poppupian wrote:

I can't wait! Loved the first one! Now ten years later, the sequel gets released! Awesome! The concern I have about the game is the controls. Do I have to use gyro scope to capture ghosts or can I use the second d-pad? Because if you can only capture ghosts with gyro scope, that would be kinda annoying. Plus I wanted co-op in the game. But sadly that won't happen . But I'm still gonna pick it up day one! Hope it comes soon!

I'm pretty sure you use the touchscreen to aim the vacuum.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

moomoo

Poppupian wrote:

I can't wait! Loved the first one! Now ten years later, the sequel gets released! Awesome! The concern I have about the game is the controls. Do I have to use gyro scope to capture ghosts or can I use the second d-pad? Because if you can only capture ghosts with gyro scope, that would be kinda annoying. Plus I wanted co-op in the game. But sadly that won't happen . But I'm still gonna pick it up day one! Hope it comes soon!

The first Luigi's Mansion didn't use a second stick for capturing ghosts, so I doubt this one would either, especially considering it doesn't have one.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Joeynator3000

moomoo wrote:

Poppupian wrote:

The first Luigi's Mansion didn't use a second stick for capturing ghosts, so I doubt this one would either, especially considering it doesn't have one.

It did when you were capturing Boos, not sure about other ghosts though.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

saki_slash

I just finally got my 3ds!!! I surely cannot wait for this game!

saki_slash

e-love

Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube was an instant classic, I hope the sequel is awesomeness. Isn't Miyamoto overseeing the project?

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Poppupian

Arcanum wrote:

Poppupian wrote:

...Plus I wanted co-op in the game. But sadly that won't happen . But I'm still gonna pick it up day one! Hope it comes soon!

what could co-op do for this game? I don't see much to be had from co-op...

Well, I think it would be fun to have Luigi and Professor E. Gadd walking around in a mansion and using team work to solve puzzles and capturing ghosts. I think it would be a nit edition to Luigi's Mansion 2

3DS Friend code: 2148-8132-9022
Favorite 3DS game right now: Fire Emblem Awakening
The 3DS game that i want right now: Mario and Luigi Dream Team

CARPYMW3

Knux nice name ive added you can you add me fc is 5026 4678 4143 i dont have luigi mansion but i have starfox 64 3d and mario kart 7 please add me i will get more games soon so bye thanks

my 3ds friend code is 5026-4678-4143 my name is carpy tell me yours!

Mryokokurama1

So what new things will be added in this game?

Mryokokurama1

LonelyGreyWolf

I love Luigi's Mansion. It's one of my all-time favourite games, and simply one of the best GameCube games, beaten only by Wind Waker.

Now, after seeing some Luigi's Mansion 2 gameplay; I'm disappointed. The ghosts, the gameplay, the music, the art direction... What have they done? Even the choice of platform is idiotic. I'm going to be veeeeery careful on buying this game. Okami is my all-time favourite game, and Okamiden is the biggest disappointment ever. I fear Luigi's Mansion 2 may suffer the same fate. The first game set a high standard, and the sequel seems inferior in every way. Still, I'm watching this game will hopefully try it out.

LonelyGreyWolf

James

LonelyGreyWolf wrote:

I love Luigi's Mansion. It's one of my all-time favourite games, and simply one of the best GameCube games, beaten only by Wind Waker.

Now, after seeing some Luigi's Mansion 2 gameplay; I'm disappointed. The ghosts, the gameplay, the music, the art direction... What have they done? Even the choice of platform is idiotic. I'm going to be veeeeery careful on buying this game. Okami is my all-time favourite game, and Okamiden is the biggest disappointment ever. I fear Luigi's Mansion 2 may suffer the same fate. The first game set a high standard, and the sequel seems inferior in every way. Still, I'm watching this game will hopefully try it out.

I played Luigi's Mansion 2 last year. It was a stack of fun. Don't write it off just yet!

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

LonelyGreyWolf

James wrote:

I played Luigi's Mansion 2 last year. It was a stack of fun. Don't write it off just yet!

I haven't played it myself, but simply judging from gameplay videos, it looks way worse than the original. Fun or not, it's a disappointment if it's inferior to the game before it. I love you guys at Nintendo Life, but you cannot be trusted! You have Okamiden a whopping 9/10; in fact, you give most games high scores.

By the way, a question. Did you play it without the motion controls (the gyro)? If so, how do you tilt the vacuum up and down? The second control stick wasn't even released at the time. I never really understood how you're supposed to play the game without the motion controls, but surely it's possible?

LonelyGreyWolf

kkslider5552000

LonelyGreyWolf wrote:

I love you guys at Nintendo Life, but you cannot be trusted! You have Okamiden a whopping 9/10; in fact, you give most games high scores.

Okamiden is still much better than it had any right to be, tbh and it isn't different enough to logically have such a radically different opinion.

And also they give games anyone cares about good scores...because most games people really like are actually good games.

(also NSMBWii getting a 10 instead of many other better, not lazy games is more worth complaining about )

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Undead_terror

hope its longer then the first one...and maybe add a survival mode where ghosts constantly pop out and so you live as long as you can

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

dark-insanity wrote:

hope its longer then the first one...

it's pratically confirmed it is, unless the several new mansions are actually just sheds or something

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Mieu-Fire

i beat the first one like 10 times or more it so addicting my house got so big

MANGO

Joeynator3000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

dark-insanity wrote:

hope its longer then the first one...

it's pratically confirmed it is, unless the several new mansions are actually just sheds or something

I doubt it'll be the same length, lol. The first game was mainly a tech demo for the Cube, showing off the lighting and shadows. Assuming that the mansions in this game are similar to that of the original, I'm guessing...3 times as long or something. xD (I'm guessing 3 mansions in this game)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LonelyGreyWolf

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Okamiden is still much better than it had any right to be, tbh and it isn't different enough to logically have such a radically different opinion.

And also they give games anyone cares about good scores...because most games people really like are actually good games.

(also NSMBWii getting a 10 instead of many other better, not lazy games is more worth complaining about )

I don't want to go too far off-topic, but I've written my own review for Okamiden before, where I state the millions of issues that I have with the game. Lets just say — it's an inferior game in every aspect, a lazy effort, and, most importantly, they even COMPLETELY misunderstood Okami. They just didn't understand it. The concept, the message; the stupid studio that made Okamiden got it all wrong. The entire formula is twisted. Okami wasn't about the dungeons, the puzzles or the combat. How could the new studio fail to see that?

As for giving high scores to games just because they're popular, I hope you were joking.

Edited on by LonelyGreyWolf

LonelyGreyWolf

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.