3DS Forum

Topic: Looks Like They Changed the Battle Mode for Paper Mario :/

Showing 1 to 11 of 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Simmer_E

1. Posted:

At first it was a 3D stage, sorta 2D, where things flew out at you, now it is a fully 3D looking stage, and I don't see things flying out at you.
Look at the differences:

Untitled

Untitled

I'm gonna miss those stages...

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter: Simmer_E

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblebuzzz

2. Posted:

Maybe it's possible that the perspective shifts depending on what type of enemies it is that you're battling? I think both are pretty cool, but I also like better the pop-out effect that the first screenshot ensures.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Simmer_E

3. Posted:

Mully wrote:

Maybe it's possible that the perspective shifts depending on what type of enemies it is that you're battling? I think both are pretty cool, but I also like better the pop-out effect that the first screenshot ensures.

I hope that's true or that depending on what mission you have the game changes!

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter: Simmer_E

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

4. Posted:

reminds me of what they did for Black and White. Except it's on 3DS so it actually makes some sense.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

5. Posted:

I'm not liking what I'm seeing about the battle system so far. Hopefully this is very early on and they've got a lot of work to do. :/

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

6. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

I'm not liking what I'm seeing about the battle system so far. Hopefully this is very early on and they've got a lot of work to do. :/

It doesn't look like anything that shows if the gameplay works or not. From what I could tell it could be awesome, terrible or anything in between.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

7. Posted:

Did you see the 3D trailer though? It looked sooooo boring and blah. I really hope it doesn't get released until next year, even as much as I want to play a new Paper Mario RPG. :(

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yoyogamer

8. Posted:

When watching the trailer, the 3D randomly turned off during part one of the battle scenes, then turned back on again. I wonder, was this intentional?

This is a signature.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

9. Posted:

yoyogamer wrote:

When watching the trailer, the 3D randomly turned off during part one of the battle scenes, then turned back on again. I wonder, was this intentional?

The battlefield became a piece of paper so it looks 2D for mario to use his magic scissors.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yoyogamer

10. Posted:

abgar wrote:

yoyogamer wrote:

When watching the trailer, the 3D randomly turned off during part one of the battle scenes, then turned back on again. I wonder, was this intentional?

The battlefield became a piece of paper so it looks 2D for mario to use his magic scissors.

... That's genius!

This is a signature.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

11. Posted:

I'm being hopeful. I like the 'new' battle system. Should make the game a bit more fresh. Though, I hope they keep the key mechanics of the game. I'm doubting this game will see a release this year, though. Maybe not even early next..

komicturtle