Forums

Topic: Lego Star Wars 3: Clone Wars 3DS impressions

Posts 41 to 58 of 58

ImDiggerDan

Well, after a particularly poor start to the day yesterday (as reported), my son and I managed to put in over 8 hours play between us without any additional crashes.

Just to dampen the positivity a little, we have experienced a couple of game logic errors which prevented progress in a level without actually crashing the game. In one instance General Grievous was held in place with a couple of grapple lines but all attempts to hit him with the light sabre were ignored. Rebooted, tried again, worked just fine.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

retired_account

Based on what I've played (the first level!) this is very solid. Digging it so far. :3

retired_account

retired_account

I've got no idea why you didn't like the flight missions, Kid_A. Honestly it controls better than Rogue Squadron! Haha. They're really fun so far. Also, no problems with crashes so far (haven't updated the system yet either.)

The graphics in this game are stunning. It looks a million times better than the GCN games. I'm really pleased with this purchase so far. :3

retired_account

Kid_A

pixelman wrote:

I've got no idea why you didn't like the flight missions, Kid_A. Honestly it controls better than Rogue Squadron! Haha. They're really fun so far. Also, no problems with crashes so far (haven't updated the system yet either.)

The graphics in this game are stunning. It looks a million times better than the GCN games. I'm really pleased with this purchase so far. :3

To each his own I suppose **glares at pixelman**
Compared to the rest of the game it seemed like the visual quality in those sections was really lacking and the controls simply didn't do it for me. Seems to be a love it or hate it thing, though. I checked out some reviews today and some people enjoyed them while others found them frustrating like myself

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

retired_account

Well tbh I've only played the first flight level, but I thought it controlled perfectly and looked fine. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of them are.

I'm seriously loving this game at any rate. The little upgrades from LSWII are awesome, like running while swinging your lightsaber, strafing with gunners, and the kinda pointless and easy abilities like force jumping, haha. It definitely could've used more polish when it comes to packaging and the menus, but the gameplay is awesome. Oh, and the graphics are stunning. It looks way better than the GCN and Wii versions of LSWI&II. <3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Odnetnin

Posted: Thu 31st Mar 2011 09:50 MDT
Okay, pix, I'm officially gonna open this now.

EDIT:
Well after a few days with this I love it almost as much as Pilotwings and Street Fighter! It feels like Mario when it's all platform-y and like some stealth game if you want it to be. The use of the Circle Pad is just fantastic. I haven't had any freezes either, other than the title screen not coming up once. I love this game so bad.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

retired_account

Haha good. I'm having issues with repetitivity and easiness right now. I'm seeing where Kid_A's 6/10 is coming from now. It's pretty solid but the game seems insistent on not letting you think, haha.

retired_account

Kid_A

pixelman wrote:

Haha good. I'm having issues with repetitivity and easiness right now. I'm seeing where Kid_A's 6/10 is coming from now. It's pretty solid but the game seems insistent on not letting you think, haha.

I knew you'd come around
I know what you mean about the difficulty, though. It almost reminded me of Phantom Hourglass in that there were some really clever puzzles, but the game pretty much just told you how to solve them.

retired_account

I haven't got to the clever puzzles yet, lol. As long as I smash all of the boxes and kill all the enemies the game tells me what to do next.

retired_account

Kid_A

pixelman wrote:

I haven't got to the clever puzzles yet, lol. As long as I smash all of the boxes and kill all the enemies the game tells me what to do next.

It's all so straightforward that I'm starting to think "puzzle" isn't even the right word...although the whole replaying-the-levels-with-different-characters-to-reach-previously-inaccessible-areas aspect is rather puzzle-y. In any case, I really did find the over-all level progression to be really fun, and there were a lot of clever ideas thrown in the mix. It brought me back to the N64 era of platforming, with the mix of collecting, platforming and light environmental puzzles (there's that word again).

There's just a lot of little quibbles, and with the shocking omission of multiplayer combined with the potential for huge, game-ending bugs, it still feels like a big missed opportunity.

ImDiggerDan

Well, I now finished this game 100% and despite all my previous negativity about it, I really did enjoy it. The crashes are annoying, but didn't put me off (the also happened less frequently later on leading me to believe it was issues with the combinations of certain character models/animation/sound effects or something like that). The logic progression bugs (found quite a few of these too), I found more entertaining than anything else (these occur mostly in Free Play and again seem to be a combination of characters used and methods of killing, for example on the final Act of the final level, use Count Dooku to kill the enemies at the start with his Force electricity thing and the game won't progress as there is a progression trigger which is activated when a certain enemy goes below a certain amount of health).

There's a lot of play time in the game. It is a bit repetitive, but if you are the sort of person who likes to try get 100% in their games, then there is plenty to do here. I would recommend this to others, but with warnings.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

retired_account

I guess I'm incredibly lucky, because I haven't had a single bug so far.

I did do the Free Play for Destroy Malevolence, and it was really fun finding new areas and stuff. The story mode is pretty boring though, especially since it doesn't have any nostalgia factors going for it.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

RoyalBlur

Okay ladies and gentlemen! After having read your thoughts I'm definitely going to try and pick up this game. I'm pleased to hear you guys say that the graphics are better than the Wii and GameCube as I hoping that would be the case. I can't wait to start playing! Is Chewbacca in this game?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

LEGEND_MARIOID

I went for the Wii version as generally reviewers are summising its better than the 3DS version

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

retired_account

@LEGEND MARIOID: I believe it. I needed software to play on my 3DS though, so I went ahead with this one since it seemed pretty solid. I'm not regretting it either. :3

retired_account

LEGEND_MARIOID

I'm sure its solid pixel, its just that I had 4 other 3ds games anyway, lol. The Wii version so far is very good. I'm actually surprised how good it is considering the plots of the actual clone war episodes are weak (although fun time-passes to be fair). In fact, it IMPROVES on the episodes its based on.... I'd rate it higher than Lego Indy and Lego Batman, but not quite as good as Lego Harry potter 1-4 and Lego Star Wars 1+2 Complete.

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

retired_account

Yeah, the problem I'm having with Clone Wars is I'm not really understanding wtf is going on, haha. In the original saga I already knew the story, so the cutscenes were hilarious AND I knew what was going on.

In this I'm just seeing random Star Wars characters act goofy and blow up random crap without really knowing the purpose behind it all. It's still fun though, haha.

retired_account

RoyalBlur

LEGEND MARIOID wrote:

I'm sure its solid pixel, its just that I had 4 other 3ds games anyway, lol. The Wii version so far is very good. I'm actually surprised how good it is considering the plots of the actual clone war episodes are weak ....

Weak? Weak? Are you serious? You honestly must not have watched the latter episodes of season II and I can almost guarantee myself that you haven't been watching the highly sophisticated season III. Season III of Star Wars The Clone Wars has been getting praise from both Wired.com, BigShinyRobot.com and even TV Guide Magazine. In fact, the best episode of S2 of SWTCW was 'R2 Come Home' in which Boba Fett attempts to slay Mace Windu.

Now could someone please confirm if LEGO Star Wars The Clone Wars 3DS contains Chewbacca?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.