3DS Forum

Topic: Lego Star Wars 3: Clone Wars 3DS impressions

Showing 21 to 40 of 59

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NFreak007

21. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

Could someone please let tell if the game has Single Card or Multi Card game play?

Neither. It doesn't seem to have any multiplayer at all!

Incidentally, I've played through the first three missions and have had no glitches or errors. Am I just lucky, or could these be connected to the update (which I haven't downloaded) as I hypothesised in the other thread?

I was hiding under your porch because I love you...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

22. Posted:

NFreak007 wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Could someone please let tell if the game has Single Card or Multi Card game play?

Neither. It doesn't seem to have any multiplayer at all!

Incidentally, I've played through the first three missions and have had no glitches or errors. Am I just lucky, or could these be connected to the update (which I haven't downloaded) as I hypothesised in the other thread?

Thank you my friend.

That's quite rough. LEGO Star Wars isn't quite nice without any multiplayer. Nevertheless, the reviews I've read are quite impressive along with the game play that I've seen of it so I might end up buying it or PilotWings and wait and save the rest of my money for Paper Mario and Kid Icarus.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

23. Posted:

I haven't downloaded the update and I still got the freezing. So it's still a mystery at this point, unfortunately. In addition to the freezing I also encountered some bugs that caused certain cutscene animations to screw up, so I'm almost certain that it's the game, but until we hear something from the developers or Nintendo I don't want to say definitively either way.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ImDiggerDan

24. Posted:

I also agree that this is the game, Kid. My wife just had the Error Message Crash tonight playing Rayman (the first time we've seen this on any of our 3 systems) and I had yet another freeze (during loading) on LSW. As far as I know, the crashes most other people are describing are the Error Message type. For me, I've never seen any message in LSW, it just locks up.

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

25. Posted:

ImDiggerDan wrote:

I also agree that this is the game, Kid. My wife just had the Error Message Crash tonight playing Rayman (the first time we've seen this on any of our 3 systems) and I had yet another freeze (during loading) on LSW. As far as I know, the crashes most other people are describing are the Error Message type. For me, I've never seen any message in LSW, it just locks up.

Yep I've experienced two more freezes since I last commented. I've had to replay the same level three times now. Just when I think I've got this game all figured out and nothing can change my opinion, this business happens. Have you experienced any issues with characters failing to animate during cutscenes?

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

26. Posted:

Damn, this freezing business isn't good news. My copy shipped today. :/

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

27. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Damn, this freezing business isn't good news. My copy shipped today. :/

Well, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I submitted my review earlier today so afterwards I finally skimmed some reviews on other sights and didn't see many mentions of technical problems. I checked around a few other forums, though, and it seems like it's a bit of a crap shoot. Some people have had problems, some haven't. Turning the 3D off seems to help somewhat, but I did have it freeze once without the 3D on at all so...who knows.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

28. Posted:

Well to be fair, I've had the console versions freeze on me before. I'll let y'all know if I have any issues with crashing.

Anyway thanks for the reports Kid_A! I look forward to the review. :3

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ImDiggerDan

29. Posted:

Freeze city for my son this morning, and he plays with 3D off. This game crashes more than my wife in a new car.

I've seen characters floating above the ground slightly when they appear for the first time. I don't think this is an issue, I think it's just displaying the charcter before it's finished it's background loading of all the resources for it. Seems to be a common way of doing things these days, reduces non-interactive load times.

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

30. Posted:

ImDiggerDan wrote:

Freeze city for my son this morning, and he plays with 3D off. This game crashes more than my wife in a new car.

I've seen characters floating above the ground slightly when they appear for the first time. I don't think this is an issue, I think it's just displaying the charcter before it's finished it's background loading of all the resources for it. Seems to be a common way of doing things these days, reduces non-interactive load times.

I'm sure if you took it to wherever you bought it with your receipt they'd refund you, because that's ridiculous. The tricky thing is that not everyone is having the problems...can't imagine how that even works.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LEGEND_MARIOID

31. Posted:

I actually only ever got freezing on my Lego Indy DS.

Anyway, it would appear the HD console versions are scoring around 80% on metacritic whilst the 3DS version is scoring around 68%. It appears also, not to be a port of the wii version judging by the screen shots on the back of the box. Seems to be n upgraded PSP version - but I'm not 100% sure. A bit disappointed so far, but I may still get in the end because I'm a sucker for lego video games. Can't decide whether to get the wii or the 3ds version though tbh

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

suburban_sensei

32. Posted:

I am a huge Star Wars fan (yes, even Clone Wars), but can not see myself buying this game. I think it's because the Lego series formula has really run dry for me. The flying bits look like a blast, so I hope that in the future Lucasarts maybe releases a Rogue Squadron 3D game or something.

Currently Playing:
New Super Luigi U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Earthbound

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

33. Posted:

suburban_sensei wrote:

I am a huge Star Wars fan (yes, even Clone Wars), but can not see myself buying this game. I think it's because the Lego series formula has really run dry for me. The flying bits look like a blast, so I hope that in the future Lucasarts maybe releases a Rogue Squadron 3D game or something.

The flying bits are the worst part of the game, actually :p

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

34. Posted:

to be fair, the flying parts are the worst in LSW: The Complete Saga... i'm not surprised to hear they're not that great in this version either, haha

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LEGEND_MARIOID

35. Posted:

The flying bits in lego batman were a bit loose as well. But it didn't detract from the fun of the overall game tbh

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

36. Posted:

GameSpot was really positive about the flying missions in their review. It uses a new engine that's kinda like Rogue Squadron lite, not the topdown one from previous games.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

37. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

GameSpot was really positive about the flying missions in their review. It uses a new engine that's kinda like Rogue Squadron lite, not the topdown one from previous games.

It's funny how we both landed on the same score but I find myself thoroughly disagreeing with how they got there :p

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

38. Posted:

I think the flying missions are decent in The Complete Saga DS.

Kid_A, have you played Complete Saga DS? If so, could you say what you think of the 3DS version in comparison to that one. I love CSDS.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

39. Posted:

Unfortunately I've only played the Complete Saga on Wii, Odnetnin. Does the DS game have co op? Because that would probably give it an edge right off the bat.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

40. Posted:

Yup it does. I haven't played it in co-op, though I imagine it would be awesome.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin