3DS Forum

Topic: Lego Star Wars 3: Clone Wars 3DS impressions

Showing 1 to 20 of 59

AuthorMessage
LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID

1. Posted:

Surprisingly not a lot of reviews out there considering it'll probably be a popular purchase. Has anyone got this yet and what are your thought? Thanks

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
Mandoble

Mandoble

2. Posted:

I've not played the previous DS titles, but I have the previous one for the Wii (as well as the rest of Lego titles). After playing the first two missions it seems a bit weak compared to Wii previous Start Wars one. Graphics are fine, similar to these of the Wii (3D effects add nothing to this game), but these two initial missions are too simple, short and boring. Probably this is just because it is following the story in story mode and it will get more interesting as you advance through the story itself. Anyway I think this is actually the best launch title available for the 3DS.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage
Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz

3. Posted:

I watched a gameplay video of it. It looks alright, but it'd be way better if it had the camera angle of the console games.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID

4. Posted:

ONM revw here:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/25068/lego-star-war...

Basically an 8/10 :-)

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
TheBaconator

TheBaconator

5. Posted:

Well here is Gamespots review as well:
[youtube:eaLgT8eKEN8]
6/10 because it offers nothing new to the Lego series.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage
JohnDoe123

JohnDoe123

6. Posted:

I'm not sure if I'll get this game or not. I think I would enjoy it, I'm just unsure if my money would be better spent somewhere else.

JohnDoe123

AuthorMessage
ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan

7. Posted:

I've got this (along with SSF4, Rayman and Pilotwings). It has the nicest 3D of all of them in my opinion and seems pretty much the same so far as any other Lego games I've played recently. The visuals are generally very nice, but in the 2nd mission I noticed quite a lot of horrible slowdown, which spoiled things.

Controls generally seem fine, but I don't like the flying controls. I always seem to expect the boost and missile buttons to be the other way round. I'm really disappointed at the lack of multiplayer.

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID

8. Posted:

Thanks. Need an NL revw. :-)

Edited on by LEGEND_MARIOID

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
Kid_A

Kid_A

9. Posted:

The review copy came today so as soon as I get my 3DS tomorrow I'll start playing and posting impressions :)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Odnetnin

Odnetnin

10. Posted:

You lucky duck, Kid_A.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Kid_A

Kid_A

11. Posted:

Does anyone else own the game? I've had a couple instances where the game has frozen on me and I wanted to know if it was just my individual copy or a problem with the game itself.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Kid_A

Kid_A

12. Posted:

ImDiggerDan wrote:

I've got this (along with SSF4, Rayman and Pilotwings). It has the nicest 3D of all of them in my opinion and seems pretty much the same so far as any other Lego games I've played recently. The visuals are generally very nice, but in the 2nd mission I noticed quite a lot of horrible slowdown, which spoiled things.

Controls generally seem fine, but I don't like the flying controls. I always seem to expect the boost and missile buttons to be the other way round. I'm really disappointed at the lack of multiplayer.

You've basically summed it up :D

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Natie31

Natie31

13. Posted:

Just now order this game from amazon with my $10 & $25 credit. So i will see how this game will play out.

Nintendo Network ID - Natie31
FC: 4124-5005-3092

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

14. Posted:

These Lego games are annoying, they look practically all the same with a new glaze of movie franchise paint.
I've only played the indiana jones Lego game for the 360, and while it's got charm, beautiful graphics and the like it just couldn't hold my attention for long....it got a little too repetitive and boring for my liking.

Currently Playing: Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers! - NES
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Kid_A

Kid_A

15. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

These Lego games are annoying, they look practically all the same with a new glaze of movie franchise paint.
I've only played the indiana jones Lego game for the 360, and while it's got charm, beautiful graphics and the like it just couldn't hold my attention for long....it got a little too repetitive and boring for my liking.

They're certainly not for everyone. I personally like them. They take me back to the good ol' collect-a-thon days of Banjo-Kazooie and Mario 64. Certainly wouldn't recommend this one if you haven't liked the other ones.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan

16. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Does anyone else own the game? I've had a couple instances where the game has frozen on me and I wanted to know if it was just my individual copy or a problem with the game itself.

I'm so pleased you posted that! I was about to make a new thread! I've had it lock up at least 4 times. 1 during first boot, 1 at the end of a mission when a video was about to play, my son had it lock up mid-combat and there's at least one other time I'm aware of. I still enjoy the game, but the lock-ups are pretty annoying.

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Kid_A

Kid_A

17. Posted:

ImDiggerDan wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Does anyone else own the game? I've had a couple instances where the game has frozen on me and I wanted to know if it was just my individual copy or a problem with the game itself.

I'm so pleased you posted that! I was about to make a new thread! I've had it lock up at least 4 times. 1 during first boot, 1 at the end of a mission when a video was about to play, my son had it lock up mid-combat and there's at least one other time I'm aware of. I still enjoy the game, but the lock-ups are pretty annoying.

That is exactly what happened to me! Thanks man, that's what I needed to know :)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon

18. Posted:

There's actually some issues going on with the 3DS itself at the moment, it might not be the game itself that's locking up and/or throwing errors. I'd wait until Nintendo's had a chance to release another update before making a call of 'buggy' on this (or any other 3DS title for that matter).

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Kid_A

Kid_A

19. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

There's actually some issues going on with the 3DS itself at the moment, it might not be the game itself that's locking up and/or throwing errors. I'd wait until Nintendo's had a chance to release another update before making a call of 'buggy' on this (or any other 3DS title for that matter).

Mm, good call tbd. I'll reword things in my review a bit.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
RoyalBlur

RoyalBlur

20. Posted:

Could someone please let tell if the game has Single Card or Multi Card game play?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN