Forums

Topic: Known 3DS RPG games 2015 and Beyond?

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

kaliskonig

Am I forgetting any other RPG games said to be coming to 3DS? Also which ones do you think have a chance in coming to the West.

As far as the USA goes...
Confirmed Tier:
o Fossil Fighters Frontier
o Bravely Second
o Monster Hunter 4
o Yokai Watch
o Puzzle & Dragons Z
o Code Name Steam
o Pokemon Z/XY2 (You know it's coming! lol just kidding if I wasn't being obvious)

Extremely Likely Tier:
o Xenoblade Chronicles New 3DS
o Final Fantasy Explorers
o Devil Survivor 2 Break Record
o Etrian Odyssey Untold 2

"If" clause tier:
o Little Battlers (If Show/merchandise gains popularity)
o Digimon World Decode (If All-Star Rumble does well)
o Dragon Quest 7 3DS (If demand is high)
o Inazuma Eleven 2 (If Inazuma Eleven sold well on Eshop)
o Attack On Titan (If they find a publisher. SN: Is this an Action RPG or just an Action game?)

Not confirmed or debunked but are on my radar:
o PoPoLoCrois Farm Story (never played a game in this series but it looks great)
o Dragon Ball Heroes 2 (Wouldn't make sense to localize the first game as this is more like an updated/extended cut)
o Legend of Legacy (Will likely capitalize on the BD audience)
o Majora's Mask 3D (The demand has been noted. It has been teased. And Aonuma seems to want it to happen)

EDIT: I do not consider Zelda to be an RPG outside of Zelda 2. however it is a common debate in the zelda fandom as to if Zelda is an rpg or not. Nintendo considers Zelda to be an RPG. Just check your 3DS eshop for reference. Sort games by genre. select RPG. scroll through the pages and you will see multiple Zelda games guys.

Edited on by kaliskonig

kaliskonig

kaliskonig

Ah I enjoy Dragon ball more than Z as well. Dragon ball Heroes was originally an Arcade Card Battling game exclusively to Japan. It was latter brought to the 3DS as "Dragon ball Heroes Ultimate Mission". The games are pretty much these huge what-ifs that have literally EVERY character from dragon ball, Z, and GT and a bunch of made up ones like Super Saiyin 4 Broly and some completely original enemies. I'm no expert on the mechanics but here is the trailer. You can get a feel for the game through this.

kaliskonig

Storytime7

Majora's Mask is not an RPG (it's Action-Adventure), and what's the point of listing upcoming games if not all of them have been confirmed to even be in development yet?

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Fafnirchaos07

Majora's Mask, code Name STEAM, and bravely second. possibly final fantasy explorers, however final fantasy should really start being final.. after 13 everything they made in this series feels more rushed or gimmicky (press X to continue). IMO they should make one last final fantasy and call it Final Final Fantasy, and base the game with game-play from final fantasy 10, the job system of 5, a story similar to 6, and the visual graphics of 9.

Fafnirchaos07

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3764-6565

kaliskonig

Storytime7 wrote:

Majora's Mask is not an RPG (it's Action-Adventure), and what's the point of listing upcoming games if not all of them have been confirmed to even be in development yet?

I agree about Zelda not being an RPG but that is a great debate that never seems to end. And Majoras Mask is under the likely column because it is not confirmed yet but we know that Aonuma wants it to happen. Pokemon was a joke. Everything else is in development/developed.

Edited on by kaliskonig

kaliskonig

Sleepingmudkip

Your list doesn't even make sense.....Pokemon Z/XY2 needs to be put on extremely likely list and Majora mask not a RPG and needs to be put down on not confirmed list

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

kaliskonig

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Your list doesn't even make sense.....Pokemon Z/XY2 needs to be put on extremely likely list and Majora mask not a RPG and needs to be put down on not confirmed list

Pokemon was a joke and againmost Zelda fans know that for whatever reason the media/Nintendo always includes Zelda as an RPG hence why I listed it. I do not think it is an rpg but do a search and you will find that it is a common topic on why Zelda is labeled as one. I'm not trying to turn this topic into a debate thread. I will put it in the bottom tier though. Hell I barely consider Monstrer Hunter to an RPG but that is what it is labeled as. I only played one Monster Hunter game so I am no expert anyways.

Edited on by kaliskonig

kaliskonig

AceDefective

No Zelda game (bar Zelda II) is an RPG.... And I mean genre not the literal definition.
There are no stats to grind, the games are not stat heavy, and the equipment functions more like upgrades in Mega Man X or Metriod than like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.
That, and Majora's Mask 3D is not even confirmed to even be a actual thing yet.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

kaliskonig

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

No Zelda game (bar Zelda II) is an RPG.... And I mean genre not the literal definition.
There are no stats to grind, the games are not stat heavy, and the equipment functions more like upgrades in Mega Man X or Metriod than like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.
That, and Majora's Mask 3D is not even confirmed to even be a actual thing yet.

And again I agree. Feel free to convince others that though. Majoras mask 3d was not in the confirmed column now was it? You are stating a nonfactor now.

Edited on by kaliskonig

kaliskonig

Jim_Purcell

Is Inazuma Eleven even an RPG? I thought it was a Soccer sim?

Jim_Purcell

Ufaowl

Jim_Purcell wrote:

Is Inazuma Eleven even an RPG? I thought it was a Soccer sim?

It's soccer-themed RPG

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.