3DS Forum

Topic: Kirby: Triple Deluxe

Showing 261 to 280 of 318

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

261. Posted:

Have you tried every nook and cranny? o: They are usually hidden on where you can't stumble onto them, and usually has more challenge than just going through the world...

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

262. Posted:

Some character impressions of King Dedede with story spoilers:

I think Dedede's days of villainy have ended with this game. While his heroic deeds in Return to Dreamland were apparent, this game seems to solidify him as a reformed character. He saves Kirby's life from Queen Sectonia so he could defeat her and save Pop Star, making him a second hero. If you had never played a Kirby game before, you'd think Dedede was always a nice guy. I know he was secretly a good guy in Kirby's Adventure, but for the majority of the game before that plot twist, Dedede was portrayed as Kirby's biggest rival and a villain. He just sided with Kirby in order to fight off a greater evil, like Bowser in some of the Mario RPGs. Even after his good deed in Adventure, he was still a bad guy, especially in Kirby Super Star and its remake. In recent years, however, it can't be denied that Dedede has become much friendlier with Kirby. Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but I think Nintendo and HAL may have made Dedede turn a new leaf.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

263. Posted:

Dedede was always more of a jerk than an actual bad guy

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

HappilyCandied

264. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Dedede was always more of a jerk than an actual bad guy

Agreed!

Stay frosty.

Nintendo Network ID: HappilyCandied | Twitter: HappilyCandied

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

265. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Some character impressions of King Dedede with story spoilers:

.I think Dedede's days of villainy have ended with this game. While his heroic deeds in Return to Dreamland were apparent, this game seems to solidify him as a reformed character. He saves Kirby's life from Queen Sectonia so he could defeat her and save Pop Star, making him a second hero. If you had never played a Kirby game before, you'd think Dedede was always a nice guy. I know he was secretly a good guy in Kirby's Adventure, but for the majority of the game before that plot twist, Dedede was portrayed as Kirby's biggest rival and a villain. He just sided with Kirby in order to fight off a greater evil, like Bowser in some of the Mario RPGs. Even after his good deed in Adventure, he was still a bad guy, especially in Kirby Super Star and its remake. In recent years, however, it can't be denied that Dedede has become much friendlier with Kirby. Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but I think Nintendo and HAL may have made Dedede turn a new leaf.

Where have you been this whole time? Dedede was never really a villain since the first game. Even then he was just being a jerk. Mostly if not all of the fights that took place, he was possessed. He joins you in Kirby 64. Super Star doesn't count, as Spring Breeze is a remake of the first game.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

266. Posted:

The basic definition of a villain is anyone who opposes the main hero and is a threat to the story. Dedede used to be a jerk, but villains are jerks. It doesn't matter whether you steal all the food in the land or try to take over the world. In the end, I still think he used to be a villain, but a petty one. I guess Dedede is like Wario from the Mario series, a greedy character who had a villainous start before softening up over the years and becoming an anti-hero.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

267. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

The basic definition of a villain is anyone who opposes the main hero and is a threat to the story. Dedede used to be a jerk, but villains are jerks. It doesn't matter whether you steal all the food in the land or try to take over the world. In the end, I still think he used to be a villain, but a petty one. I guess Dedede is like Wario from the Mario series, a greedy character who had a villainous start before softening up over the years and becoming an anti-hero.

He never tried to take over the world. The only thing bad he has ever done was steal food in the first game (and this game got remade in Kirby Super Star), King Dedede was already softening up in the Extra Mode of Kirby's Dreamland. By the second game he was already shown being a hero by breaking up the Star Rod to prevent the nightmares. Only stopping Kirby because he was gathering them back up. Every time you fight him after then on, has been either a possessed King Dedede or a fake version of him. I call him a jerk though for the Gourmet Race in Super Star. Dedede trained his body to be just like Kirby and wanted to test him. In Kirby 64 you can tell he didn't really like the idea of actually teaming up with him but swallowed his pride and joined him. With the exception of Squake Squad, though Kirby ATTACKED King Dedede for thinking he stole his cake. He was just defending himself. King Dedede is a great guy and one of my favorite characters, if not my favorite.
Untitled

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

268. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

Have you tried every nook and cranny? o: They are usually hidden on where you can't stumble onto them, and usually has more challenge than just going through the world...

i'm afraid to kill kirby. i'm horrible at platformers lol

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and The Lost Valley.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

269. Posted:

aaah... well, maybe just try it? Since most of the time, they are more of... time challenge than anything.

Btw, does anyone has unlocked the last video? :o if so, how?

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

HappilyCandied

270. Posted:

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

I say just give it everything you got and go for it. I don't stress out about Kirby as much as other games. I feel like I'm more along for the ride with this platformer, rather than really in charge of his fate. :)

Stay frosty.

Nintendo Network ID: HappilyCandied | Twitter: HappilyCandied

AuthorMessage

MrGameluvr

271. Posted:

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

darkfenrir wrote:

Finding all the sun stones isn't that bad. The only hard ones are in worlds 4 and 5. I remember that in one of the levels in Endless Explosions you need to keep the ice power you get from Mr. Frosty in order to get it. It was a pain!

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

272. Posted:

that's the world i'm on right now actually.....the other levels i had no problems finding enough sun stones

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and The Lost Valley.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

Henmii

273. Posted:

I think its a fun little sequel to Return to dreamland! It has beautiful graphics, and I think it also makes good use of the 3D.

What's with all the triforce symbols though? HAL working on the next handheld Zelda, or what?! That would be cool!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

274. Posted:

Nah, they've used the Triforce before. It's most likely just an Easter egg

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Henmii

275. Posted:

Maybe, but in some levels I saw it multiple times!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Franklin

276. Posted:

Quick question for Kirby aficionados who own both games: Which is better, Return to Dreamland, or Triple Deluxe?

Franklin

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

277. Posted:

Franklin wrote:

Quick question for Kirby aficionados who own both games: Which is better, Return to Dreamland, or Triple Deluxe?

Both great games, but I'd put Triple Deluxe just a bit higher than Return to Dreamland. They are extremely similar due to using the same graphics, sound effects, gameplay, and the like, but Triple Deluxe feels a bit more unique and entertaining than Return to Dreamland. The number of clever things they did with the 3D, the Hypernova ability, and the gyro controls make Triple Deluxe quite a treat. Not to mention the nostalgia-rific keychains and the neat little time waster known as Kirby Fighters. Return to Dreamland is excellent in it's own ways, though, and is still very much worth playing. Especially if you can get a couple friends together. It basically laid down the foundation, and Triple Deluxe built a Mall on top of it.

Of course, it all comes down to personal preference. It's Kirby, so It's all good.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

SuperSammy64

278. Posted:

Unfortunately, I don't have this game yet because I spent my cash on pre-ordering Mario Kart 8. However, I may get this game during the summertime along with the definite purchase of Super Smash Bros. 4 3DS.

Sammy's the name, gaming's my game! Make sure to check out my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SCSFProductions
Currently playing: Kirby Triple Deluxe, Mario Kart 8, Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Will be playing: Hyrule Warriors, SSB Wii U & 3DS, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, Captain Toad: TT

AuthorMessage

Emaan

279. Posted:

I think HAL did some really cool things with the 3D effect in this game. This and Super Mario 3D Land actually had the 3D involved in the gameplay, and I think that's great.

I just beat the final boss last night, very impressed. I love seeing Dedede and Kirby team :3

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Henmii

280. Posted:

Yes, the 3D is awesome! We have seen the plain hopping (going from foreground to background and vice versa) before, but everything else impresses me!

Henmii