Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 921 to 940 of 2,590

Crystalking18

So it was advertised that the AR cards can fight each other, but I have no idea where it's located in the various menus. Can someone help me out with this?

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

e-love

@Crystalking18, It should be in the bottom right corner

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

bonesy91

Oh man this game is amazing!

Didn't get to play much (babysitting all day and good cleaning. Fun times) but what I managed to play was all awesome!
just finished chapter 3. Tried out the AR cards (anyone else want a pokemon AR game after seeing these?) Went online and played to matches.

This game oh man... I think Kid icarus has just become my new favorite Franchize atm but the controls are a little tricky at first. I'm surprised at some people I saw online already doing crazy stuff haha.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

Tasuki

I hope they bring out a demo of this. It looks like a great game but I am not sure if I will enjoy this type of game. If they dont have a demo of this soon I just might have to rent it from GameFly.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

grumblegrumble

Ok. Got my game today via Amazon (same day delivery on game release day!) and I am loving this game so much! So fantastic!!! I also got the 3D Classics Kid Icarus for free. One problem , though. In chapter 3, Heads of the Hewdraw, how do you get the key for that one door? I can't figure it out for the life of me. Help! lol... You can unlock different weapons in the trade hearts screen in options, so many things to do, puzzles, side quests and such. Loving this. Nintendo, why did you keep Pit away from us for 25 long years? lol This is going to be a great new franchise I mean... a great new re-birth of a franchise that should have been from the start!

Edited on by grumblegrumble

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

e-love

I'm also done for the night, it feels so great to go to bed knowing "Finally I have it, I have Kid Icarus Uprising, and its waiting for me in the morning!" Gosh I love getting new games.

Edited on by e-love

Radixxs

I love this game. So much. For the record, I got:
Pit
Palutena
3-headed Hewdraw
Fortune Bow
Magnus
Mik
AR card-wise.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

grumblegrumble

Radixxs wrote:

I love this game. So much. For the record, I got:
Pit
Palutena
3-headed Hewdraw
Fortune Bow
Magnus
Mik
AR card-wise.

I think we ALL got the same cards. Those are exactly the ones that were in my game cartridge, too.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

e-love

We don't all get the same cards, the box says its random. And mine are different than that

grumblegrumble

Emaan1 wrote:

We don't all get the same cards, the box says its random. And mine are different than that

Boxes have been wrong before. I don't doubt they are probably different, but I wonder how many there are the set? I have the free Club Nintendo ones on the way, too, apparently. Is that the whole set?

Edit: Oh wait. Nevermind. The official KI:Uprising web site over at Nintendo just told me. There are 20 cards to the entire set.

Edited on by grumblegrumble

BulbasaurusRex

Mulder1617 wrote:

Correction...double jointed wasn't the best description. I think I felt I had to be able to write with both hands in order to manipulate the default controls.

You're just used to using your dominant hand on D-Pads and Control Sticks out of necessity on every game system other than the Wii. If you practice, you should easily get used to using the right circle pad on the Circle Pad Pro with your non-dominant hand just like we righties have always managed to do.

Does anybody know if there's any trick to beating the huge tank in the extra area of the first level, or do I just need to work on getting a much better weapon? For that matter, I can't find any health bars on the bosses. Did we really get stuck without any?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

grumblegrumble

@BulbasaurusRex I think its actually a better game without health bars for the bosses, I think it could make a polished game like this seem a bit cheesy. So far, the bosses haven't been too hard to fight (I'm on Level 3) but I'm sure the more hearts (sp?) you wage the harder the level and the rewards get. Which makes this game have a really high awesome replay value!

Joeynator3000

Emaan1 wrote:

I think its half and half...seems like a lot of people are getting Pit and a couple of others that I can't think of at the moment, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Late

Play time: 5 hours 24 minutes
Next chapter: Chapter 7: The Seafloor Palace
AR cards: Pit, Crusher Arm, EZ Cannon, Magnus, Fortune Bow, First Blade
Idols collected: 67
Favorite weapon: Royal Blade
Palutena's Treasure Hunt: 49/120

Palutena Mii looks nice. You can see it in View Gems section where all the SpotPass and StreetPass gems go if you have any SpotPass gems.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Spoony_Tech

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

Mulder1617 wrote:

Correction...double jointed wasn't the best description. I think I felt I had to be able to write with both hands in order to manipulate the default controls.

You're just used to using your dominant hand on D-Pads and Control Sticks out of necessity on every game system other than the Wii. If you practice, you should easily get used to using the right circle pad on the Circle Pad Pro with your non-dominant hand just like we righties have always managed to do.

Does anybody know if there's any trick to beating the huge tank in the extra area of the first level, or do I just need to work on getting a much better weapon? For that matter, I can't find any health bars on the bosses. Did we really get stuck without any?

As soon as I seen that area locked I had to go back right away. You need to get behind it and fire at its week spot. You won't miss it! I barely beat it. One more hit and I was dead.

Loving this game so far. My new phrase is now INTENSE FUN!! At level 4 at the moment and this game is just stacked with stuff to do.

My AR cards are
Pit
Palutena
Dark pit
Three headed hewdraw
First blade
Mik

I haven't taken this game online just yet since I want to get use to the controls first but that looks like its going to be great fun as well.

Also love the art on the inside of the cover. Very clever and I believe would look good in my new 3ds case. The wait has been well worth it!

Oh one last thing. You all need to listen to and watch the help videos. I only watched one and I lol'd. It was the first one about land battles where they reference smash bros.

Edit: just also wanted to add that after going back to the first level to enter that locked away area I've been letting the game select my intensity level. I've been set anywhere between 5-6.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

HandheldGuru97

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

BTW, does the game support download play? I was playing local with my bro and when I was creating the group it gave me an option of Anyone or Friends.

It does but you both need to have the game unfortunately.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Odnetnin

I got something from SpotPass, judging from the blue light, but I can't find what was delivered. HEEEEEEEEEALLLLLLLLLLLP? (I do have it turned on in options, btw.)

Retro, let's play some multiplayer later! I've been playing it online with random people since last night and I LOVE IT. Almost tempted to say it blows the main game out of the water. Wish there were more modes, but what's there should keep me busy for a few months or so, as long as you NLers actually play it.

I can tell that weapon collecting, buying, fusing, converting, gemming, and using is going to be my new addiction. In Smash Bros. All of the classic Nintendo franchises were the draw: trophies, movies, stickers, characters, stages, etc. In Kid Icarus, since not very many people care about the franchise, they made the collecting the weapons the draw. Smart move.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Late

Oddy wrote:

I got something from SpotPass, judging from the blue light, but I can't find what was delivered. HEEEEEEEEEALLLLLLLLLLLP? (I do have it turned on in options, btw.)

You can find the gem under the StreetPass. There's View Gems where also all the SpotPass gems go.
If you got the notification about Gems, it also says where you find them.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic