Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 541 to 560 of 2,591

The_Rocketman

@Radixxs It certainly will not be too noticeable with all the sound effects of the actual gameplay.

"Go home. Hades, just go home."
-Pit
3DS FC: 1161-0195-0840
Now playing: Kid Icarus Uprising

maddybarker

where in los angeles in the kid icarus tournament going to be held?

maddybarker

SkywardLink98

TeeJay wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

I hope to play a demo or see a review before I pre-order because I'm not totally confident in the controls.

I hope this series of videos on Nintendo's site helps you get an idea of what the controls are like.

Looking at videos of the online mode, it seems it'll be similar to SSBB in the way that it announces GAME SET when a round is over, and opponents "explode" when they fall off the area. I'm sure this has probably been discussed already (don't feel like checking all the previous pages to find out) but I'm just letting myself learn more about the game now now that I've got it preordered.

I know what the controls are, but I've heard they are awkward, and want to see for myself if I can get over that before throwing down $40.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Prof_Clayton

@FoC- didnt he say in the 15 min. eshop video that the rocket jump ability is part of the single player land battles too? as in, one of the powerups?

Edited on by Prof_Clayton

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Radixxs wrote:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I even prefer the voice acting of Star Fox 64 and Metroid: Other M to this. I hope so much it isn't too bad when playing the game itself.

I know you're missing the point when you compare the so bad it's AMAZING Star Fox 64 voice acting to Other M's mostly mediocre and lame voice acting.

IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE BAD. Seriously, they already admitted this game was going to be purposely cheesey and it really sounds like a love letter to the poorly dubbed games and anime I played when I was a kid.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Link1998

is any of you going to buy the circle pad pro for better control?

Link1998

TheKingOfTown

Link1998 wrote:

Are you left or right-handed?
Don't buy it if you're right-handed. It's only purpose is for left-handed users to have better control over the game.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Link1998

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

Link1998 wrote:

Don't buy it if you're right-handed. It's only purpose is for left-handed users to have better control over the game.

yes but doesn't it feel weird to use the stylus to aim.won't your hand cover the screen?

Link1998

CinnamonRobin

Link1998 wrote:

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

Link1998 wrote:

yes but doesn't it feel weird to use the stylus to aim.won't your hand cover the screen?

I'm not sure you fully understand. In this game the ONLY use for the Circle Pad Pro is to allow left-handed people to hold the stylus in their left hand. You can only control the game using a ONE circle pad and the stylus, so if you're left-handed you'll want to hold the stylus in your left hand and control the circle pad with your right. That is the only use for the Circle Pad Pro in Kid Icarus.

CinnamonRobin

SkywardLink98

It was review in Nintendo's official magazine. 91% is what they gave it, and my fears (and most of the complaints) were put to rest with it. They said controls in land battles are uncomfortable at first but once you find a position that works they feel fine. A lot of people feel the magazine gives games high score just so they sell, but honestly Nintendo usually launches good games.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

SkywardLink98

NFreak007 wrote:

Link1998 wrote:

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

Link1998 wrote:

I'm not sure you fully understand. In this game the ONLY use for the Circle Pad Pro is to allow left-handed people to hold the stylus in their left hand. You can only control the game using a ONE circle pad and the stylus, so if you're left-handed you'll want to hold the stylus in your left hand and control the circle pad with your right. That is the only use for the Circle Pad Pro in Kid Icarus.

The actions is on the top screen, so you won't be blocking the action when you aim.

Link1998

didn'n know that,thanks.

Link1998

LucinaSmash

I'm been practicing of getting accustom to the controls and I think I can handle the game whenever I get my hands on it.

Now I'm just worrying about the anime story.

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

JJGenesis

I bet game and gamestation aren't going to be stocking this :@

Woo Woo Woo, You Know It
3DS FC: 4210-4079-6584

Spoony_Tech

Ill bite. In honor of this game coming out and to show my excitement for it ill make the change! Well at least until xenoblade comes out.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic