Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 2,591

BulbasaurusRex

Woohoo, I finally beat Chapter 24 in the required time to unlock Palutena's Bow, the last weapon I needed, even though I still haven't aquired the Super Speed power. I also only need to complete one more square on Palutena's Treasure Hunt before I can use my feathers on all the remaining squares to complete it. I'm gradually making progress.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Happy_Mask

I just finished unlocking every power! YES! But sadly, I have yet to complete palutena's treasure hunt...

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Xyphon22

I have a question for anyone who has played all the games. I haven't gotten Uprising yet because from all the videos and stuff I've seen on it, it looked like it would make a lot more sense and be a lot more fun if you had played the original already (a lot of inside jokes, many of the same bosses and other enemies, etc.). I've now beaten the NES game, but I'm wondering if it's the same way with Of Myths and Monsters. Will Uprising make more sense and be more fun if I play OMaM first, or does it not really matter?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

e-love

@Xyphon22, it really doesn't matter that much. They don't really have that much to do with each other story wise. Yes it does have a few nods to the original game but, its not imperative for you to play it. I mean, I haven't played the original NES game and just got Of Myths and Monsters today, but its not really effecting me. Just pick up Uprising as soon as you can!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Nintenbro

@Xyphon22, if you decide to play through Of Myths and Monsters first, you would probably have a better understanding of the history and evolution of Kid Icarus. If you have the funds available in your eShop account, I would play through Of Myths and Monsters first. Even if you do decide to play Uprising first, I would still download OMaM. I just think it would help you to appreciate the series more so. Just like the Metroid series, each entry introduces new gameplay mechanics and adds upon the story. Most gamers wouldn't choose to play through the original Metroid, and then jump right into Other M.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Xyphon22

Thanks everybody. I'm still trying to decide if I will get it or not. Honestly, I still can't decide if I liked the original Kid Icarus enough to want to play it or not. It's the strangest game in that it actually gets much easier the farther you get since you power up so much. Is OMaM the same way, or does the difficulty flow better? (Sorry to ask this in a thread about Uprising)

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Snagrio

Xyphon22 wrote:

I have a question for anyone who has played all the games. I haven't gotten Uprising yet because from all the videos and stuff I've seen on it, it looked like it would make a lot more sense and be a lot more fun if you had played the original already (a lot of inside jokes, many of the same bosses and other enemies, etc.). I've now beaten the NES game, but I'm wondering if it's the same way with Of Myths and Monsters. Will Uprising make more sense and be more fun if I play OMaM first, or does it not really matter?

If you are talking story/plot wise, it wouldn't matter. Uprising, despite the numerous games it mentions, practically acts like OM&M never existed, which is rather odd.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Nintenbro

@WingedFish, that may be true, but OMaM is still an awesome game and shouldn't be missed.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Snagrio

Nintenbro wrote:

@WingedFish, that may be true, but OMaM is still an awesome game and shouldn't be missed.

Oh I know, in fact I'm getting it myself eventually. I was just saying on a chronological standpoint, it pretty much stands alone.

Snagrio

Joeynator3000

Pit: Blades sound more like a melee type of weapon.
Palutena: Hey Pit? Who's the Goddess here?
lol
Discovering new quotes almost every time I replay these levels. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SuperLink

I'm trying to get the square for completing chapter 12 at 7.5 beating 220 enemies, but I'm always coming up about 10 short when I finish the level, and I try to use weapons with high homing ability so I don't miss any enemies in the flying stage, but I can never get 220. Advice?

SuperLink

JustAnotherUser

@SuperLink The only advice I can think of is increase the intensity or use a wide weapon for the beginning of the stage.

JustAnotherUser

SuperLink

Hmmm...I hadn't thought of a wide range weapon. I was focusing on homing weapons like bows. btw, has anyone here finished ALL of the treasure hunts yet?

SuperLink

BenAV

Wew, I activated my Kid Icarus StreetPass on EB Games's 3DS XL demo system so now I just have to stop there after Uni each day and rake in all the weapon gems.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Cheater!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DeMoN-13ruce

^lol

best avatar ever

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

BenAV

Haha, not like anyone ever has any good gems anyway though. D:

This thread is way too quiet.
Am I the only person still playing this game or something?

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Yes you are the only one lol. I haven't played it in about 2 months. Been to busy with the new baby and all. Lots of fun life stuff going on now!

^lol
best avatar ever

Thanks. When I seen it I thought epic win!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BenAV

Ah yes, I can imagine that would limit your gaming time somewhat.

I did stop playing for a little while myself (mostly when I was playing Theathrhythm), but now I'm back into it and find it hard to stop playing.
Just mostly been working on beating chapters at higher intensities and clearing treasure hunt panels.

BenAV

Snagrio

Actually I still "play" it quite a bit during long car rides, as in I listen to the music tracks with my headphones. I've found Viridi's menu theme to be quite nice for falling asleep, very peaceful.

Snagrio

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic