Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 2,591

e-love

I agree, the last chapter did kind of drag on. I hate when final boss's just keep going on and on. I was like "Okay this guy seriously needs to just die" The final battle had a cool scene though with SPOILER Medusa saving Pit, although I really wish she schooled his godly self

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

RPGShaymin

FINAL BOSS OPINION AND NITPICKING. SPOIL AT YOUR OWN RISK
My thoughts on the last chapter:
It was good. The dialogue with the characters was fun, using the great sacred treasure and all it's many forms was satisfying and empowering, and it was all wrapped up nicely with an awesome final strike, and ending sequence.

But if you want to nitpick...
I hope I'm not the only one who thought that moving around the massive vehicle at first took damage from the first few enemies, and I would think such is natural.
That tornado attack.... I really hated it. It took me forever to figure out how to dodge it, and when I finally did, I felt soo stupid for it. All the guide tells you is something like "You're probably gonna get hit, oh well." It was a great guide before I returned it. After I learned how to dodge it, I was able to finish on 9.0 without even going into danger health.
All the other phases were good except for ultralight mode, in which Hades's barrier attack thingy is really annoying, especially when clear barriers block the red barrier shooting at you.
A third falling sequence..... really? The first one was annoying, the second one was nice, but this one not only pushes you around, but the target itself moves! Why? Why would you move the landing spot indicator? I don't get it...
The final strike is still fun, and builds some epic suspense when you're low on health.
Though, like I said, that's nitpicking. (except for the tornado attack) Great game, am playing it constantly when I have my 3DS on, and it's still not getting old even after my file screen says it's done.
SPOILERS ARE DUNN
Also, If nobody has beaten boss battles on hard, the race starts now.

Edited on by RPGShaymin

I am the forever lurker.
3DS Friend Code:0989-1732-5647
Wob Niar

LordJumpMad

Theirs alot of Kid Icarus: Uprising AR Cards of the "Three Sacred Treasures" on e-Bay
I'm pretty sure their all fake, since their all from the same guy, so don't be fooled.

Also, I haven't heard any word on "Pit (Rally Cry)" AR Card, I see them all over e-Bay.
when did they come out?
http://images.wikia.com/kidicarus/images/7/7a/403_Pit_%28Rall...

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

LordJumpMad wrote:

Theirs alot of Kid Icarus: Uprising AR Cards of the "Three Sacred Treasures" on e-Bay
I'm pretty sure their all fake, since their all from the same guy, so don't be fooled.

Also, I haven't heard any word on "Pit (Rally Cry)" AR Card, I see them all over e-Bay.
when did they come out?

Pit (Rally Cry) is from the April issue of @Gamer.
It's not worth buying the magazine.
NOTHING'S worth buying the magazine.

Also @Emaan
EEHHWHAAT?! The FINAL boss of the game took longer than every other boss? What blasphemy is this?!
/sarcasm
I personally LOVE how they devoted 97% of the Final level to the boss. That's how it should be, no?
Hades is a god. You want to fight a push-over, walk in the park "kill-em-quick" kind of battle against a god? Can't you do that in God of War? (Not sure how difficult it is, I've played very little of it.)

Btw, anyone else find it funny that people are complaining the Last Boss ISNT a push-over?

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Kyloctopus

LordJumpMad wrote:

when did they come out?

I got one. So far, I believe it's NA only. For Canadians, the card (among others, like Pandora) was a Pre order bonus at Best Buy. For the Americans, you must have gotten it from April's Issue of @Gamer, the Best Buy exclusive magazine.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Birdman

@LJM - I got a genuine one of those from either the April or May (The one with Prototype 2 on the cover) issue of @Gamer magazine, a rag Best Buy puts out in its stores, along with two other cards (Goddess of Calamity, Pandora and Samurai Blade).

Also, I just looked up how to get AR Cards in the US on the official Nintendo website, and apparently that Three Sacred Treasures card you're seeing a bunch of on eBay was handed out to the first 250 people who bought Uprising at the Nintendo store in NYC, so I'd give it a 99% chance of those being fakes made on a copier.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

retired_account

SPOIIIILERS.

Emaan1 wrote:

I agree, the last chapter did kind of drag on. I hate when final boss's just keep going on and on. I was like "Okay this guy seriously needs to just die" The final battle had a cool scene though with SPOILER Medusa saving Pit, although I really wish she schooled his godly self

Seriously. Like I wish she had clamped him into a bottle or something (that would have been awesome, actually). Hades was just a boring wacko JRPG final boss dude (NOTHING Greek about him), and I was pissed how Medusa just got shoved aside (twice with the end!) after they played up her return so much.

RAGE.

I'm done.

retired_account

TysonOfTime

Medusa was LAAAAAAME.
runs and hides

Birdman

@pixelman - imo, Nintendo playing up Medusa in their pre-game buzz was probably two-fold:
1. It coincided with retaining as much of the game's heritage as possible, since Medusa was the main baddie in the NES one. Definitely a nostalgia appeal for people who played the original but dropped the hobby of gaming before Uprising, and
2. Removing her about a third of the way through the campaign was probably to make the rest of the game seem even more epic, since we had no idea Hades (the Lord of the Underworld in Greek mythology) would be in it.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

e-love

I do think Hades was the better villain in this game, he was more entertaining and just more...evil. Having said that however, I really wanted Medusa to be like "This is MY game you tool!" *Defeats Hades

Or I wanted them to say something cheesy like "This game's only big enough for one main villain!"
I don't know. That final confrontation, with Medusa being like "How dare you?" and losing her arm, what? That was so pitiful. Come ON Medusa, get your act together

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TysonOfTime

@Emaan
Well, it fit in perfectly for me. She was weak. She was barely even held together with souls; her arm came right off!
The weak don't deserve glorious deaths.

LyIa

LordJumpMad wrote:

when did they come out?

It probably IS fake. There's a ton of card scans floating around on the net.
I found a lot of them here http://ar.essh.co/decks/kid-icarus but it kind of kills the whole "collectible" thing.

all men are kings 👑

BulbasaurusRex

RPGShaymin wrote:

FINAL BOSS OPINION AND NITPICKING. SPOIL AT YOUR OWN RISK
My thoughts on the last chapter:
It was good. The dialogue with the characters was fun, using the great sacred treasure and all it's many forms was satisfying and empowering, and it was all wrapped up nicely with an awesome final strike, and ending sequence.

But if you want to nitpick...
I hope I'm not the only one who thought that moving around the massive vehicle at first took damage from the first few enemies, and I would think such is natural.
That tornado attack.... I really hated it. It took me forever to figure out how to dodge it, and when I finally did, I felt soo stupid for it. All the guide tells you is something like "You're probably gonna get hit, oh well." It was a great guide before I returned it. After I learned how to dodge it, I was able to finish on 9.0 without even going into danger health.
All the other phases were good except for ultralight mode, in which Hades's barrier attack thingy is really annoying, especially when clear barriers block the red barrier shooting at you.
A third falling sequence..... really? The first one was annoying, the second one was nice, but this one not only pushes you around, but the target itself moves! Why? Why would you move the landing spot indicator? I don't get it...
The final strike is still fun, and builds some epic suspense when you're low on health.
Though, like I said, that's nitpicking. (except for the tornado attack) Great game, am playing it constantly when I have my 3DS on, and it's still not getting old even after my file screen says it's done.
SPOILERS ARE DUNN
Also, If nobody has beaten boss battles on hard, the race starts now.

So, how do you dodge it?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

BulbasaurusRex

I tried for the achievement where you destroy 8 of the Aurum Core's guns on Chapter 15, but I could only find 7 of them, 4 on the inside and 3 on the outside. Where's the 8th gun?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

CowLaunch

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

I tried for the achievement where you destroy 8 of the Aurum Core's guns on Chapter 15, but I could only find 7 of them, 4 on the inside and 3 on the outside. Where's the 8th gun?

I got stuck on this as well. You have to wait for the guns to regenerate. Seems to take quite while.

CowLaunch

Bread-Not-Toast

I have a Three Sacred Treasures card.
You can have it for $40.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

CowLaunch

Ok, I think I've found a glitch. Just before entering to fight the boss on Chapter 20 (just before, between the drink of the Gods and the boss room), the ground fell away to reveal a hole, and I fell. Then I kept on regenerating above the hole, falling, again and again until I eventually ran out of health until I died. Surely this isn't meant to happen. It was on intensity level 5 if that means anything. Certainly don't recall it occurring first time I did the stage.

CowLaunch

Bread-Not-Toast

I wish there was more of a back story for Gaul and Magnus.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Papa_Godzilla

yeah, magnus is great, but we barely see him.
they could make a game out of this character

Papa_Godzilla

CowLaunch

Samholy wrote:

yeah, magnus is great, but we barely see him.
they could make a game out of this character

I don't know, I thought the point was that he was mysterious.

CowLaunch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic