Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 2,590

EvilRegal

NintyFan wrote:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

lalalalalalal wrote:

THIS IS DA BEST GAME (sorta kinnda)...well it's fricking great. Now they should make Kid Icarus: Down falling, or something of that nature. Even though chapter 18 is practically a "down falling".... Oh and screw the goddess of light, I like Viridi as a better pit-taker-carer

Viridi is awesome! Lady Palutena is hot, but she's far too easy on humans, and as a Goddess she should wipe a few towns out here and there! Philosophically, I'm far more aligned with Viridi.

What? Don't tell me you enjoyed the scene where she wiped out entire armies of humans!

She is cool, though. I'd almost go as far to say she's my favorite new character in the series. She should be an assist trophy in the next Super Smash Bros, where she would detonate a reset bomb to send opponents flying.

Since Viridi was still mad at the humans in the ending, I wonder if she'll turn antagonistic in the next game, whenever that comes about?

SPOILER ALERT

You mean the scene where humans were slaughtering each other and ravaging all in their paths over a fake wish seed? Well, I wasn't too torn up about it. As long as the Reset Bomb didn't harm innocent creatures Viridi is trying to protect. Not sure if it only harms humans or what. I'm a bit of a misanthrope to begin with, so don't mind me. Viridi was my fav new character, with Hades close behind. As great as she is as an antagonist, I hope she's more of a "frienemy", so you don't have to destroy her. I wouldn't want to stop playing mid way through the game!

@TysonQ7
I'd be first in line for a Hades fan club! Doesn't mean I'd be first in line to go to Hades, however.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

TysonOfTime

I would be perfectly fine with destroying Viridi if she went after Humans.

Tell me? Aren't the current wars kind of pointless? Should we just wipe out everyone? Fixing conflict with conflict isn't helpful. It just adds to the chaos and discord.

And we all know how much you Ponies hate Discord.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

e-love

Definite Spoilers

When Viridi was first introduced, I was like "but she's too awesome to be a bad guy!" luckily, she became Pit's friend. I love how they talk to eachother, Viridi's sarcasm against Pit's overly optimistic attitude was great

Did anyone else really like how certain characters were brought back later on? Like Thanatos, Phosphora, Pandora, and of course MEDUSA.
I loved how they brought Pandora back to face off against Dark Pit, great boss battle.

And then there's Hades. Although he definitely was the more entertaining villain throughout the story, I couldn't help but root for Medusa when she had a show-down with him at the end of the game. Did anyone else feel this way?

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Snagrio

We humans are an odd bunch I must say. Any other creature does what it can to propagate and expand it's species' threshold in the world. What do we do? Fight and kill each other...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

EvilRegal

WingedFish wrote:

We humans are an odd bunch I must say. Any other creature does what it can to propagate and expand it's species' threshold in the world. What do we do? Fight and kill each other...

It'd be fine if we simply fought and killed each other, but we also ravage nature! Animals kill each other out of necessity, in self-defense and for the sake of sustenance. Humans do things like killing animals and burning down forests, among other atrocities, for SPORT and other less-than-honorable reasons. I could go on and on, but I don't want to create a negative atmosphere in this thread for this, one of the greatest games ever! And, yes, I am the type that would chain myself to a tree to halt development of a strip mall.

uh...SPOILER ALERT!!!

I hereby OFFICIALLY align myself with Viridi, and the Forces of Nature, TRUE defender of Earth! Along with allowing me to live, perhaps she'll let me start out as a foot soldier for Arlon or Phosphora. If I fight well enough, maybe one day Viridi will reward me by turning me into a mighty oak tree. I'd like to be a tree! I think the reason you don't eventually have to take out Viridi in the game is that a lot of people, like myself, agree with some/all of her philosophies. Having to destroy her to progress wouldn't have gone down well with people like me. I wonder if it's an indicator that Sakurai shares some of these beliefs? Humans being closest to the Gods has to be an embarrassment to them.

Edited on by EvilRegal

BenAV

@Retro_on_theGo I've had over 100 StreetPass hits in Kid Icarus, but I still haven't received any gems really worth paying for.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I've got two street pass hits now. My last weapon was the weapon you start with! No one can beat that one! I gave then a 340 atlus club!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

EvilRegal

I guess I need to change my StreetPass gem. I was so proud of finding the Aquarius Blade originally (Aquarius being my sign), that I made it my gem for exchange AGES ago. Anyone I trade with is going to feel SERIOUSLY cheated, especially if theirs is a 300+, LOL. So, I better get to work on finding a fairer exchange.

Then, watch me get something in the low 100 range, like @Tech101 getting a First Blade from a KI: U noob (eyeroll). Geez, I don't even have close to a 340 yet, and that noob has one.

Oh, and I've not gotten one StreetPass hit since I got the game. Tulsa has schools and colleges up the wazoo, so I don't know what the deal is, unless everyone is just afraid of losing their 3DS or getting it stolen.

Spoony_Tech

I hope my gem cost them over one hundred thousand hearts. If they are a noob then it will take them a while to convert it at least!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Whopper744

Three more AR cards (North America) are in the Prima guide for this game. I never get game guides anymore since I can just use google if I really need anything.
I would get it just for the cards but it's 20 bucks. That's a little crazy to me.
Sick of having to spit out a ton of money just a get a few of these cards. Probably won't get anymore unless they give us the darn packs in retail stores where we can actually buy them.
I wish I lived where you do tech101, cause you are always getting streetpasses!

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

mastersworddude

FluttershyGuy wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

It'd be fine if we simply fought and killed each other, but we also ravage nature! Animals kill each other out of necessity, in self-defense and for the sake of sustenance. Humans do things like killing animals and burning down forests, among other atrocities, for SPORT and other less-than-honorable reasons. I could go on and on, but I don't want to create a negative atmosphere in this thread for this, one of the greatest games ever! And, yes, I am the type that would chain myself to a tree to halt development of a strip mall.

uh...SPOILER ALERT!!!

I hereby OFFICIALLY align myself with Viridi, and the Forces of Nature, TRUE defender of Earth! Along with allowing me to live, perhaps she'll let me start out as a foot soldier for Arlon or Phosphora. If I fight well enough, maybe one day Viridi will reward me by turning me into a mighty oak tree. I'd like to be a tree! I think the reason you don't eventually have to take out Viridi in the game is that a lot of people, like myself, agree with some/all of her philosophies. Having to destroy her to progress wouldn't have gone down well with people like me. I wonder if it's an indicator that Sakurai shares some of these beliefs? Humans being closest to the Gods has to be an embarrassment to them.

Philosophies: I guess.
Mass genocide of the human race: No.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

Whopper744

mastersworddude wrote:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

uh...SPOILER ALERT!!!

Would like to comment on all this but I really don't want to get myself in trouble or get an argument going on this games thread.
To try to keep my side simple, I do believe we need to take care of the Earth, and animals if we can, but ultimately, humanity comes first. We are the only ones with souls really. Animals were put here for us.
aaaand I'm going to stop that here. Not sure if I've said too much.
Great game by the way! Slowly playing through a second time. Kind of embarrassed of on what difficulty though! ...cough cough...6 or so...

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

TysonOfTime

Unfortunatly for any argument against Humans, this world will end without our help anyways.
So yeah.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

mastersworddude

Joshers744 wrote:

mastersworddude wrote:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

uh...SPOILER ALERT!!!

Would like to comment on all this but I really don't want to get myself in trouble or get an argument going on this games thread.
To try to keep my side simple, I do believe we need to take care of the Earth, and animals if we can, but ultimately, humanity comes first. We are the only ones with souls really. Animals were put here for us.
aaaand I'm going to stop that here. Not sure if I've said too much.
Great game by the way! Slowly playing through a second time. Kind of embarrassed of on what difficulty though! ...cough cough...6 or so...

Not trying to turn this into a debate of beliefs, =P just saying the reason she was portrayed as a villain and Pit stops her was because she was going to kill an entire species for her extremists beliefs..

Whats wrong with 6 difficulty? lol

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

Whopper744

@masterworddude I guess 6 is ok, but I get killed at that from time to time. I think my way of looking at it is, if I have trouble with 6, I will never beat 9 considering if you die once in a level that drops the difficulty. Plus, you don't really get the BEST weapons out there either. At 6, you get ok weapons, but I've seen people with stuff valued well over 300. My highest is a Skyscrapper club at 284 (I think) and I'm not even much of a club fan.

kyoya

hey any one want to go aginst me just let me know im looking for a challenge

ssbb:2017-8023-8706
3ds fc:1848-2173-5631
and please please add me tell me yo name 2

Whopper744

kyoya wrote:

hey any one want to go aginst me just let me know im looking for a challenge

How good would you say you are?? Honestly

Spoony_Tech

I agree with Joshers on where philosophical debate was going!

As for street passes. I'm pretty much middle of the road as far as how many I get. Its getting a bit better. I get around 2-6 a week.

I got my 340 atlus club from an intensity 8 run in the Pandora stage. I've now beat level one 3 times with three different weapons at intensity level 9!

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic