Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 2,591

mushroomer

Joshers744 wrote:

mushroomer wrote:

SPOILER ALERT

i love the level where you possess the girl, dog and whatshisname with the ring
that level added soo much to the experience. i just wish there was more of that sort of experiences.. where the level is completely different.

wouldnt it be cool if you could unlock the girl and use her to play the game?

That is one of my favorite moments as well. It's great (his name is Magnus by the way).
Very well thought out. I love how it gets you sort of used to the way things run on each level, and then some mix in things like that.

yeah, but its teasing.. isnt it? you want more in that style of gameplay.. or story telling.. i know that you also play as pittoo which is fun.. but i wish they would have included more from those perspectives...

mushroomer

Whopper744

mushroomer wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

mushroomer wrote:

SPOILER ALERT

that level added soo much to the experience. i just wish there was more of that sort of experiences.. where the level is completely different.

That is one of my favorite moments as well. It's great (his name is Magnus by the way).
Very well thought out. I love how it gets you sort of used to the way things run on each level, and then some mix in things like that.

yeah, but its teasing.. isnt it? you want more in that style of gameplay.. or story telling.. i know that you also play as pittoo which is fun.. but i wish they would have included more from those perspectives...

Yeah (MORE SPOILERS)
I'm glad it's mostly just Pit though. Playing as Dark Pit is a cool change, and a real nice touch though. Same with Magnus with the girl and the dog. But on the story side of things, I kind of feel left wondering more about Magnus, and what happened to him and Dark Pit in the end (I know you see Dark Pit in the ending but nothing really is said...I guess they just live with the fact that there is two Pits now.

Edited on by Whopper744

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Snagrio

Joshers744 wrote:

mushroomer wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

mushroomer wrote:

SPOILER ALERT

Yeah (MORE SPOILERS)
I'm glad it's mostly just Pit though. Playing as Dark Pit is a cool change, and a real nice touch though. Same with Magnus with the girl and the dog. But on the story side of things, I kind of feel left wondering more about Magnus, and what happened to him and Dark Pit in the end (I know you see Dark Pit in the ending but nothing really is said...I guess they just live with the fact that there is two Pits now.

SPOILERS AND SUCH
Maybe such questions will be answered in the next installment? I do agree that playing as Dark Pit and Magnus was awesome. Like I've said before, Dark Pit is very similar to Shadow the Hedgehog, and will likely lead a similar role in future games. Don't have an idea about what Magnus would do at this point though... And it seems that Viridi is now providing Dark Pit's Power of Flight, so I wonder how that relationship will progress?

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

kkslider5552000

Joshers744 wrote:

Game Informer once again disappoints me. They give Uprising a 7 out of 10 because they hate the controls.

For Game Informer that actually sounds like a massive improvement. At least that's a logical reason. (granted, the LCD gaming journalists often don't play games for more than an hour if they don't want/have to but whatever). Like Destructoid, I'm in the minority that notices that their "controversial" reviews suck because of what they actually write rather than the score. My favorite will always be Metroid Prime avoiding a perfect score exclusively and unironically because it didn't have "the spinny jump". So I guess the far more flawed Prime 2 was perfect?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Whopper744

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

Game Informer once again disappoints me. They give Uprising a 7 out of 10 because they hate the controls.

For Game Informer that actually sounds like a massive improvement. At least that's a logical reason. (granted, the LCD gaming journalists often don't play games for more than an hour if they don't want/have to but whatever). Like Destructoid, I'm in the minority that notices that their "controversial" reviews suck because of what they actually write rather than the score. My favorite will always be Metroid Prime avoiding a perfect score exclusively and unironically because it didn't have "the spinny jump". So I guess the far more flawed Prime 2 was perfect?

Yeah. Thankfully I know better, but it might actually make a difference in some people buying the game or not. It feels a little biased to me. I know everyone says it, but I feel like they are one of those that over look Nintendo most of the time. Just looking at the covers I can usually see that. I remember a Skyward Sword cover, but that's about it. But anyway that's not that important.

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

EvilRegal

Joshers744 wrote:

Game Informer once again disappoints me. They give Uprising a 7 out of 10 because they hate the controls. I have to say, the controls may bring make it about a 9 out of 10, but not a 7. I use the buttons instead of the stylus anyway, but they don't mention that it doesn't seem.

To quote Lord Dyntos, I think the reviewer has "a head stuffed with wool!" . Perfect 10/10 to me. Controls have never bothered me past the getting used to period.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

TysonOfTime

Lol@ Game Informer, I hate them. They're just not really good journalists...

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

TheHunter

Late wrote:

TheHunter wrote:

Anybody know how to get the "See all 7 forms of Thanatos before beating him" achievement on the Palutena board? As far as I can tell, he won't change forms until you do a certain amount of damage to him, so I don't see how it's even possible!

I got it once when I was fighting Thanatos with higher difficulty. It isn't all that hard. When playing with harder difficulty he has more energy and more time to change forms.
You have one scary avatar. Mimicuties are definitely my most hated enemies in Uprising.

Ah, it worked! Yay, thanks for the tip!

TheHunter

Whopper744

The biggest challenge with this game is that I just bought Metal Gear for the 3DS....and I'm afraid I won't be able to put down Kid Icarus Uprising to play it!

kkslider5552000

the main reason I got Kid Icarus and haven't gotten MGS3D yet is because of the online.

...this would matter if I actually played the online more...I should actually beat the game soon.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

EvilRegal

Late wrote:

TheHunter wrote:

Anybody know how to get the "See all 7 forms of Thanatos before beating him" achievement on the Palutena board? As far as I can tell, he won't change forms until you do a certain amount of damage to him, so I don't see how it's even possible!

I got it once when I was fighting Thanatos with higher difficulty. It isn't all that hard. When playing with harder difficulty he has more energy and more time to change forms.
You have one scary avatar. Mimicuties are definitely my most hated enemies in Uprising.

I never thought I'd see the day that I hated to see a pair of long, feminine legs coming my way... until I met the Mimicuties. Those legs may be more lethal than Chun-Li's or Cammy's (but certainly not as sexy ).

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

mastersworddude

Can anyone who uses ABXY button controls explain how the do it? I use the stylus controls but the button controls seem so stiff and slow.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

Retro_on_theGo

FluttershyGuy wrote:

Late wrote:

TheHunter wrote:

I never thought I'd see the day that I hated to see a pair of long, feminine legs coming my way... until I met the Mimicuties. Those legs may be more lethal than Chun-Li's or Cammy's (but certainly not as sexy ).

No legs are even nearly as sexy as Chun-Li's! None. They are way deadlier though. Geez, I hate Mimicuties!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Spoony_Tech

OK here are the rules for next weeks theme night. For Monday the 16th at around 11:00 pm est.

Any weapon valued at 200 or below
Recovery items and aid items only (what that means is no items that will take health away on their own)

If anyone has any question about a certain item feel free to ask.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pogocoop

mastersworddude wrote:

Can anyone who uses ABXY button controls explain how the do it? I use the stylus controls but the button controls seem so stiff and slow.

I use those for land battles,in air I definitely see what you mean by "stiff and slow" On the ground they just seem to work better for me then the globe-camera,they add more control IMO.

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

bonesy91

Decided to take a break from this awesome title in order to focus on my other awesome game Xenoblade.
But I did manage to snag a Nintendo Power magazine today that had some free KI cards.

Included:
Medusa (Battle)
Thanatos god of death (or something along that line)
Poseidon

And when doing AR battles basically: Medusa beats Thanatos, Thanatos beats Poseidon, Poseidon beats Medusa.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

RetroGBHippie92

I just got ALL my AR cards from Club Nintendo today, all 200 I ordered, now I have 221 cards altogether. I'm gonna trade any double ups at the next convention I go to, which is thankfully next saturday, whoo yeah! I wonder how many rares I have? gonna open em now
Also got some card protectors for em last week, they're just the right size too which is great because I don't want to damage them.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Tigus

Just had a awesome 1 on 1 match with a friend he was using the aquais blade with Melee★★★★★ Range:★★★★★ and I was using a Gaol blade with the same states it seems the weapons are very similar in a lot of ways but the gaol blade overall is stronger i cancelled out his forward charge shot with my standard side shot, he left when I made him fight for 20 min straight on small arena with no items but he put up a good fight!

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4350-2155 | Nintendo Network ID: TigusVaton

BulbasaurusRex

Eureka wrote:

There's like...no downside for using the feathers right? >.>
I decided to use one cuz I'm tired of playing chapter 1 on 2.0 just to try for the 4 minute goal, lol.

I just beat that one. It's not that hard. I just lowered the difficulty all the way down to zero, used a weapon with Speed +4, and used Tiredlessness and Lightweight to run all the way to Twinbellows. Although, it is a tight squeeze, as I only had about 5 to 10 seconds to spare according to my watch.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing: make sure you skip the pre boss fight cut scene.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic