Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 2,590

TysonOfTime

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Maybe the gods can change size? They are gods.

But is Medusa a God(ess)?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

retired_account

Here's another version of the chart. It's color-coded, so it should be easier to spot different weapon types.

Untitled

retired_account

Katernity

DaveGX wrote:

Right, the Power of Flight does come in Gamer Informer, but it was via subscription. The other 2 magazines I believe have specific cards as well, but the 1s that come with the game are random. Plus I'm still trying to find out, if anyone knows if the cards that come in Nintendo Power,@Gamer, like GameInformer, if they're for subscribers only or if there's a possibility you can get the cards they come with those magazines, if you get the magazines from the retailers.

I know if you buy a nintendo power off the shelf it comes with the cards.

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0222-0938
Playing 3DS games: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil: Revelations, Dillon's Rolling Western, Pushmo, FreakyForms

Whopper744

Katernity wrote:

DaveGX wrote:

Right, the Power of Flight does come in Gamer Informer, but it was via subscription. The other 2 magazines I believe have specific cards as well, but the 1s that come with the game are random. Plus I'm still trying to find out, if anyone knows if the cards that come in Nintendo Power,@Gamer, like GameInformer, if they're for subscribers only or if there's a possibility you can get the cards they come with those magazines, if you get the magazines from the retailers.

I know if you buy a nintendo power off the shelf it comes with the cards.

Yep. I picked up every Nintendo Power in Krogers and saw that they all had cards in them....they are the same three cards though, so no use to buy more than one copy.
...now if they would get these things in retail stores to just buy, then they might get more of my money.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

retired_account

This game's multiplayer keeps pissing me off. The items turn it into random uncontrollable chaos and absolutely destroys the framerate, and club users keep spamming things like black holes and charge/one-shotting everyone. I really wish Nintendo would get over the stupid item thing, because it just screws up the balance and fun of everything.

retired_account

Whopper744

pixelman wrote:

This game's multiplayer keeps pissing me off. The items turn it into random uncontrollable chaos and absolutely destroys the framerate, and club users keep spamming things like black holes and charge/one-shotting everyone. I really wish Nintendo would get over the stupid item thing, because it just screws up the balance and fun of everything.

The item stuff can make things a good bit of fun to make it easier for the people who aren't quite as good as every one else, but, it does cause a lot of aggravation when you have put a lot of time into getting good, and still get beat because of random items and giant, spamming lasers.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

warioswoods

Someone probably already mentioned this, but one of my favorite minor features: when you go to the music mode and pick a song, it will continue to play as you leave that menu and proceed through all the other menus in the game. That means I can select a song each time I begin, then listen to it as I manage my items, fusing, etc. Pretty neat, and since I often end up spending more time messing with equipment than I do actually playing missions, it's nice not to be forced to listen to the same menu music over and over.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

retired_account

Joshers744 wrote:

pixelman wrote:

The item stuff can make things a good bit of fun to make it easier for the people who aren't quite as good as every one else, but, it does cause a lot of aggravation when you have put a lot of time into getting good, and still get beat because of random items and giant, spamming lasers.

The problem is advanced people seem to be using them most, and the more they play the better those items become, the better they get with them, and the more of them they get. It doesn't seem like skill levels or playtime matter when you're automatched either, so the worse you are the worse you're punished.

And like I said, the framerate gets completely screwed up, which makes recovering or countering almost impossible.

Even the passive skills like Bumblebee are frustrating. What's the point of playing if you're not going to do anything yourself?

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

retired_account

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I've only recently been notii the spam of huge power ups. It doesn't seem like that big of a problem so far. Maybe you just join spammer filled groups? You can always avoid that by making a group with people here.

I like to do that when I have time, but unfortunately I can usually only play in quick spurts.

retired_account

JustAnotherUser

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I've only recently been notii the spam of huge power ups. It doesn't seem like that big of a problem so far. Maybe you just join spammer filled groups? You can always avoid that by making a group with people here.

Yes... avoid... goes to press Mega Laser power up

JustAnotherUser

Spoony_Tech

OK this is to everyone! I want to start a Kid Icarus theme night starting this Monday night. The time will start between 11:00 and 11:30 pm est. If you can't make that I understand. However I was thinking this could be an all day event as well. I've already got about 9 people interested in this and we can vote every week for what the next theme will be. Of course with this many people we can't all play on the same game so we would need quit a few hosts. I started the ball rolling with the first theme. It will be staffs and clubs only any items! The reason I picked those was because I believe they are the least use weapons and gives us a chance to explore new possibilities! I think they make a nice balance in weapon choices as well to start things off. If you aren't interested please realize that if you join someones game at that time we might be playing that theme. If we are all on board with this then it really might work out and be something that will keep this game going for a very lo g time! We will start this Monday! Thanks for your time.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

e-love

@iPancakez, sorry I've been so bad about adding people lately, I will!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Snagrio

Okay there are three things I don't get about the multiplayer rules.
#1 Why do the reward items at the end of a match get distributed randomly? Wouldn't it make more sense to give them to the player that won or otherwise did the best?
#2 Why (when you become an Angel in Light vs. Dark) does your weapon get switched for a random one? It really annoys me.
#3 And why can't we pick and vote for stages? Like in the Mario Kart series where everyone votes on a track and then the track is randomly selected from the list. And it would also be nice if it would say before the match starts what stage has been chosen.
What do you guys think?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

JustAnotherUser

I agree with #2 and #3.
Thankfully Kid Icarus: Uprising is patchable so you never know, they might implement additional features.

JustAnotherUser

e-love

@Eureka, add me if you want!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Ecto-1

@WingedFish

I strongly agree with #2. It never fails, I'm doing decent with my Raptor Claws or my Viper Blade then I get killed, spawn as an angel and have to use a staff or a club, both of which I am horrible with. That is actually my biggest gripe with this game.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

mastersworddude

WingedFish wrote:

Okay there are three things I don't get about the multiplayer rules.
#1 Why do the reward items at the end of a match get distributed randomly? Wouldn't it make more sense to give them to the player that won or otherwise did the best?
#2 Why (when you become an Angel in Light vs. Dark) does your weapon get switched for a random one? It really annoys me.
#3 And why can't we pick and vote for stages? Like in the Mario Kart series where everyone votes on a track and then the track is randomly selected from the list. And it would also be nice if it would say before the match starts what stage has been chosen.
What do you guys think?

For number 2 I think it's because Angels are more powerful so they give you a weapon you may have not used before.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

retired_account

Disagree with #1 and #2. If the best players always got the loot, the beginners would have little incentive to play online. As for #2, having to adapt to a new weapon can be really fun. They seem to be reeeeally powerful too. :3

retired_account

JustAnotherUser

@pixelman That they do. I was using a club and took away almost half of someone's health when I launched a forward dash attack. I was like o.O.

JustAnotherUser

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic