3DS Forum

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Showing 161 to 180 of 2,721

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

161. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

Meanwhile, the Monoeye is pretty much the same except its eye is blue instead of pink (or brown when in the game).

Untitled

Untitled

Those Keron enemies are back too, and they're a lot bigger!

Untitled

Untitled

And WaveBoy, I can't believe you didn't know that the Eggplant Wizard was in it this whole time.

Oh i knew he would of been in it, it's just that i never saw any Eggplant Wizard screen shots or character designs at the time, and when i finally did i got a smidge excited. :p

And yay for the keron monsters.lol

I'm really hoping those goofy Speckle Nose's make it in the game.
Untitled

They were one of my favorite KI baddies as a kid, and you can't forget the snakes. they HAVE to be in it, hell they probably already are since I've probably didn't spot them in either of the 2 trailers. :p

And before Uprising is released I think I'm going to have to play through KI on the VC to refresh my memories hehe.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Retro_Gamer

162. Posted:

Looking at more of the old enemies reappearing. this is starting to actually feel more like a Kid Icarus game, can't help but get excited. It's still a shame to see the platforming aspect being taken out, it was my favorite parts of the original and what made it infamously difficult.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

163. Posted:

Retro_Gamer wrote:

Looking at more of the old enemies reappearing. this is starting to actually feel more like a Kid Icarus game, can't help but get excited. It's still a shame to see the platforming aspect being taken out, it was my favorite parts of the original and what made it infamously difficult.

Mine too, and i hope the dungeon/palace-like gameplay actually makes a return. Where you have to find mallets, torches and other zelda-like items to make your way to the Boss. IF that aspect is taking out I'll be really bummed...

So far this game seems like it's a different game all together with Pit and those characters just thrown in it. sigh*

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

164. Posted:

that's because the original Kid Icarus sucked

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Azikira

165. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

BLASPHEMY!!

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

166. Posted:

Retro_Gamer wrote:

I've been thinking about it lately, but this game is actually a good fit for Sakurai. Kid Icarus: Uprising somewhat takes some elements from Kirby in that Pit has to fight a ton of enemies to get across the level, and there will be frequent boss battes on top of that. There's also the food lying around that Pit can pick up and eat. When you take out the sucking ability, Kid Icarus is like Kirby just as it's like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

167. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I agree. I didn't like the platformer style of the original Kid Icarus although I like the Kid Icarus franchise. To be more precise however, it isn't that I didn't like the platformer but more than that I having played more modern games that are 3D sidescrollers like Dragonica then I would support a 3D sidescroller Kid Icarus game.

Nevertheless, I'm seriously excited for this Kid Icarus Uprising as I like the fact that this game plays more like 'Sin and Punishment' because I think it gives Kid Icarus more of a reboot and the new gameplay suits Kid Icarus just fine.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

yoyogamer

168. Posted:

Keep in mind Nintendo has plenty of platforming franchises, if Uprising was a platformer, it might have trouble standing out from the likes of Super Mario and Kirby Wii. Nintendo needed a new IP anyway, so I can understand the change in game play.

This is a signature.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

169. Posted:

The people that hate on the original Kid Icarus i guarantee weren't around during the time it was released...It was pretty damn magical back in the day, the SFX alone were just amazing...Nostalgia aside i find it be one of the greatest Nes games and for good reason.

The sequal of Myths & Monsters didn't do it justice regarding the tunes, SFX and the main underworld stages which repeated themselves over and ove since you could endlessly travel forward and upwards....it wasn't about platforming which totaly irked me and it was all too easy in comparison to the first. However the Dungeons were pretty good and i liked the emphasis on the Mallet.

I can't wait to play and finish both the original and of Myths and Monsters before Uprising is released. It's an instant day one buy, just like Super Mario 3D, along with Mario Kart 3D. B-) Not falling behind like I did with Zelda OOT 3D. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

170. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Nostalgia aside i find it be one of the greatest Nes games and for good reason.

/ends post before reason is ever adequately explained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1etpTkjn5WE

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

171. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Nostalgia aside i find it be one of the greatest Nes games and for good reason.

/ends post before reason is ever adequately explained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1etpTkjn5WE

Or i didn't want to bother writing a typical wall of text like I usually do whenever I gush about a game that I love. ;)
Kid Icarus loves you, so you must love it back. B-)
And the fact that Kid Icarus has the Egg Plant Wizard automatically makes it a 10.lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Retro_Gamer

172. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

And the fact that Kid Icarus has the Egg Plant Wizard automatically makes it a 10.lol

That's an automatic win in my books as well, actually aren't there Egg plants in Ice climber as well? I know their logo in Smash Bros is one......Nintendo must have some obsession with egg plants.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

173. Posted:

I've discovered a gamplay video with full audio of the first level. Check it out!

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

174. Posted:

That is one great video NintyFan! It's odd how Nintendo hasn't really given us any news of substance in regards to Kid Icarus lately. Does that mean we won't soar with Pit until next year?

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

moomoo

175. Posted:

Game looks really pretty and fun. The voice acting makes my ears throw up though.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Mao

176. Posted:

I'm not buying this game because I'm not going to like it.

Mao

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

177. Posted:

I actually love the voice acting. if anything, this is kind of looking like Nintendo's own little Sin & Punihsment in air and on land, and for me i'm not too thrilled that they took it in this direction, considering Kid Icarus before was a platformer with Zelda-ish Dungeon/Palaces.

Now it's another beast alll together with Pit & the gang slapped on it. I'm still excited, after all Kid Icarus is one of my favorite Nes games that I cherish so much hehe.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Bubbab5

178. Posted:

I CANT WAIT FOR THE ONLINE PLAY IVE NEVER PLAYED THE ORIGINAL SINCE I WASN'T BORIN BUT ITS FOR SURE BUY SO FAR

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

AuthorMessage

TheUnknownGame

179. Posted:

Really excited for this. How often do you get a 3rd-Person shooter that is inspired by Greek mythology with anime-like graphics?

No one knows what kind of games I play!!

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

180. Posted:

Chapter 2- Magnus and the Dark Lord

Chapter 3- Heads of the Hewdraw

The audio's not the best, but this is still a lot of gameplay covered here!

Edited on by DestinyMan

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse