Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 2,591

Wiiner

@BenAV Gold laurels mean you have found all secrets (such as intensity doors and secret chambers) in the level while green means things have been missed.

WII U ID: WiinerMario
3DS FC: 3695-0014-0565
PSN ID: Wiiner1
XBL ID: Wiinermario

Whopper744

I am not fan of the clubs in the air at all, but I finally decided to use one when I fused together two weapons to make my 284 Skyscraper club (I know that's not a huge value, but it's one of my highest right now).
Again, I hate using it in the air, but it's awesome on the ground! When it is charged (it's kind of slow..), it unleashes a powerful ball of black pain. I used it in Free for All against people I don't know just for the heck of it, and I actually won 1st out of the 6 people! There was three people from Japan (who got 2nd 3rd, and 4th of course) and I actually beat them! They usually kick my butt so back it's not funny! I killed two people at once with one shot at least once.
It's pretty nice on the ground, when they all line all together, and the ball of pain rolls over them. If they have full health, it takes it down reeeally low. If they are missing some health, it usually kills instantly. I wish I had a bow this powerful..

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

BenAV

Wiiner1 wrote:

@BenAV Gold laurels mean you have found all secrets (such as intensity doors and secret chambers) in the level while green means things have been missed.

Thanks.
I had a feeling it was something along those lines but I wasn't entirely sure.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

TeeJay

I've only been using the festhers in the treasure hunts for streetpass-related achievements, as I know for a fact that these are all impossible for me.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Whopper744

TeeJay wrote:

I've only been using the festhers in the treasure hunts for streetpass-related achievements, as I know for a fact that these are all impossible for me.

hm. Good idea. I may need to do that as well. Trying to save them for the ones that are really tough, but I think I almost have a better chance at beating the whole game on intensity 9 then actually finding people to streetpass with.

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

BenAV

I'm hoping that when I go to the Kid Icarus battle competition that's on here on the 15th I'll be able to get some of those StreetPass achievements done as everyone there will have the game.
I'd usually get quite a few over time while going to Uni but I'm off for the next week so no StreetPass for me besides my girlfriend.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Late

Am I the only one who tries to get all the treasure hunts done without using the feathers? I'm gonna have serious problems with StreetPass achievements but I just don't wanna skip them completely. I did this same thing with SSBB. I'll wait until my cousin gets Kid Icarus although it may take few months. It just feels like cheating to use the feathers. I'm not saying that you are not supposed to do that but I wonder if there's more people like me.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Whopper744

Late wrote:

Am I the only one who tries to get all the treasure hunts done without using the feathers? I'm gonna have serious problems with StreetPass achievements but I just don't wanna skip them completely. I did this same thing with SSBB. I'll wait until my cousin gets Kid Icarus although it may take few months. It just feels like cheating to use the feathers. I'm not saying that you are not supposed to do that but I wonder if there's more people like me.

To be honest, I may use them later one because I know I'm not going to get some of the really crazy difficult ones, or all the streetpass ones. I doubt I'll have the time and patience to put into getting the whole things done anyway. I really hate to say that because this is a really great game, but I don't see me getting every last piece of this. Out of all the hours and hours and hours I've played of SSBBrawl, I never got all the pieces of it...though I did get all the trophies in Melee finally....a few days before Brawl came out ! And I had Melee the Christmas it came out too!

V8_Ninja

I just beat both Chapter 15 and Chapter 16.

To put it bluntly, this was my expression;

Untitled

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Retro_on_theGo

BenAV wrote:

Wiiner1 wrote:

Thanks.
I had a feeling it was something along those lines but I wasn't entirely sure.

Actually, I don't think it's that. When you're selecting the intensity there is a little laurel on a certain intensity. Set the intensity to that and beat the level and you got gold.

Edit: After playing on hire intensity I've found that the Kraken arm and Viridi Palm suck. Maybe mine just had bad range, but I doubt it.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Popyman

TysonQ7 wrote:

@Popyman
Sure! I'll Add you now. You'll be my first NL friend on my 3DS.

Yay, I feel special! =P

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

EvilRegal

I'm not a person who throws "the best" this and "the best" that around. That said, after a week and a half with the game, I can say with 100% certainty that Kid Icarus: Uprising is my favorite handheld game ever! It gets more complicated increasing the field to consoles, as I've played many more console games. I can easily say it's in my all-time top ten, though (I can't really even say for sure what is my all-time fav). From beginning to end (and I'm not nearly finished, no pun intended ), some of the best fun I've ever had in a video game! Of course, I've played at lower difficulties thus far, to simply enjoy it first time around. I may need reminding of these statements as I heat up that fiend's caulderon, LOL!

I can also say this game's is the best, most captivating and hilarious voice acting I've ever heard! Man, I hope some of the voice actors come to "that Hasbro cartoon about little pastel-colored equines."

As good as this formula is on a handheld, imagine how awesome it would be on Wii U (Lady Trollutena in HD... mmmmm)!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

kkslider5552000

NintyFan wrote:

Huh, it's interesting to read up what other roles Kid Icarus Uprising's voice actors played. They're pretty experienced.

I recognize Medusa from a lot of roles (although the only roles I can remember are some random character on Feros in Mass Effect and the female ghost hunter from Danny Phantom).

Speaking of which, it's good to see Nintendo actually using good voice acting. Well, just ok voice acting if this wasn't a comedic game but still leagues better than a lot of japanese/Nintendo games.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Prof_Clayton

Wow. I just realized that--
SPOILER ALERT
After beating the game or getting near the end, you can go to options, and change the menu to Viridi. I wondered what happened to those 20000 hearts I offered to her! Sure some people knew this, just saying I realized it!

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Birdman

NintyFan wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

I just beat both Chapter 15 and Chapter 16.

To put it bluntly, this was my expression;

Untitled

Just wait for Chapter 18.

I felt the same way about chapter 15 myself. But chapter 18 makes up for it all. And more.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

EvilRegal

kkslider5552000 wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

Huh, it's interesting to read up what other roles Kid Icarus Uprising's voice actors played. They're pretty experienced.

I recognize Medusa from a lot of roles (although the only roles I can remember are some random character on Feros in Mass Effect and the female ghost hunter from Danny Phantom).

Speaking of which, it's good to see Nintendo actually using good voice acting. Well, just ok voice acting if this wasn't a comedic game but still leagues better than a lot of japanese/Nintendo games.

I noticed several of the main cast has also worked together before. Most recently, Palutena, Viridi, Hades, Arlon/Pyrrhon, Pandora, Gaol/Phosphora, Magnus/Posiedon all did voices for Final Fantasy XIII-2 (and some worked together on XIII). Have to wonder if they got good word-of-mouth from each other (get it? Voice actors... word of mouth? ) for getting roles in the game!

I think I'm going to need psychiatric help getting Pit's victory song out of my head. It won't stop... And I'm ok with that!

Oh...

Are we there yet?

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

retired_account

Made a little chart for weapon fusing:

Untitled

Didn't come out quite like I wanted it to, but oh well, it was fun. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic