Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 2,591

LittleKing

Only one chapter away from the end! I have to stay, the story has been better than I expected, with quite a few unexpected twists. I do find myself replaying levels, though, so that I can hear all the dialogue which I accidentally missed the first time around. On 2.0, the boss dies around the same time the second line of dialogue finishes, and on 5.0 a little before I've heard it all. I'd just wait a few seconds before finishing the bosses off, but I normally cut it pretty close HP wise.

Tried out some more powers, and still haven't found anything better than my Predator Cannon with Quick Charge. Switched things up a bit, and now I use Bumblebee a lot. Autododge and teleportation make a wonderful combination. Also, I've learned a ton of interesting and useful stuff. Long list incoming.

1. Weapon Gems' colors are decided by the value of the weapon within. 100-149 is blue, 150-199 is green, 200-249 is yellow, 250-299 is orange and 300+ is red.

2. Unlocking a treasure hunt panel with a feather seems to deny you your reward, so save them for when you really cannot unlock a panel.

3. Playing Dead lasts twice as long if you stand perfectly still. You can shoot, as long as you don't move, and it'll potentially last longer than Transparency.

4. Trade Off (at least at level 4) makes you invincible, so it doesn't really matter if you get shot after it lowers your health. 30 second invincibility and double damage ftw!

5. Pisces Heal turns damage to health. But only for one blow, and only if the damage would've killed you. Users of it should save it for against strong attacks (like Club/Cannon charge shots) that will heal them a lot. Those struggling against this awesome power should use continuous fire, or melee comboes.

6. Offering hearts up to Palutena does seem to improve the sale rates, as after offering 100,000 hearts, I have around five times more sales than normal. However, Viridi doesn't seem to hold more sales, leading me to think that if you want to have Viridi give you better prices you have to offer your hearts up to her instead. maybe her selection is better, though?

7. The "Speed+" modifier increases both running and walking speed. If this stacks with Running Speed+, I can only imagine how fast you could go. Especially after adding Lightweight.

8. Status conditions activate differently. Poison has a chance to be inflicted with every blow, whether as Freezing always activates after a certain amount of 'status' has been inflicted. The status powers seem to be equal to the +4 weapon modifiers, although this may vary slightly by level (not sure). Palms are best at activating status conditions in general, from my experience, and charged shots are much more effective at inflicting status conditions.

9. "Random Effect" and different status powers DO NOT STACK. If RE gives you Poison, using Poison will not make it proc faster. However, RE/Effect powers and weapon bonuses DO stack.

10. Most status conditions can only be applied one at a time. Some trump others, cancelling other status effects out. For instance, if you have both Burning and Confusion on one weapon, by any means, every time Burning activates Confusion will disappear and vice versa. If you have Freezing and Petrification in equal amounts, the opponent will be Frozen, and then a split second late, Petrified as Petrification trumps Freezing. Weakening seems to stack with mostly everything, being a possible exception.

And... I still don't know how high the weapon values go. :<

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

Popyman

Good games, Retro! You left mighty quick though.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

e-love

@iPancakez, I'll be sure to add you!

I did say a while ago, that all of us on this thread should just add eachother so we can all be online together.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Ecto-1

ZeroX wrote:

crackjr7 wrote:

theres is no way to add friends directly from the game right?
i mean add the people you are playing with and that stuff?

@Retro The Pandora one. I finished the game long ago...
@crackjk7 Nintendo will NEVER allow that until they have accounts down the road (after E3)

Actually, according to Nintendo, some games can let you add players you meet online to your friend list (specifically, Mario Kart 7):

"Any time you play online against another Nintendo 3DS owner in Mario Kart 7, you can now automatically add them to your Friend List without a friend code." (source: http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/system-update)

Although, I will admit I have never been able to figure out how to work this feature, and this is literally the only place I have seen it mentioned.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

RevolverLink

I decided to dip my toes into Light vs. Dark for the first time today and it, uh, did not turn out well. I felt bad for the people forced to be my teammates. lol

I think I'll avoid it until I'm finished with single player.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

crackjr7

i just keep hearing all of u getting a lot of friends ,
i dont have any Dx

feel free to add !
and ill add you back ,

3DS FC: 2535-3911-7245

LzWinky

Holy bleh there is nothing I can really complain about this game

I am hooked and it deserves a 10/10 from me

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LyIa

Whoa, the 3DS forum is flooded with Kid Icarus topics...

all men are kings 👑

Ecto-1

RevolverLink wrote:

I decided to dip my toes into Light vs. Dark for the first time today and it, uh, did not turn out well. I felt bad for the people forced to be my teammates. lol

There is actually a way you can play Light VS. Dark with all CPU opponents. Go to together mode, then to local, then anyone, and finally select the play mode (Light VS. Dark or Free for All). Then pick your weapon setup and hit Move out (I think that is what it is labeled, I'm doing this from memory). I played several matches like this to test new weapons and to help me learn the maps, plus to get some more practice. This game is really exceeding all of my expectations!

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Adam

I have been waffling between liking and hating the game since its release, primarily due to the controls. Then I joined a friends match and played for four hours straight last night and can't think of playing anything else right now. It is the Smash Bros. of third-person shooters, and the items are thankfully a bit less powerful, at least from what I've noticed.

I like the similarities in the visual design of menus, items, and such between Sakurai's games. Even before you play it you know it's one of his games because it looks just like Smash or Kirby's Air Ride or Meteos, all of which are brilliant,

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

e-love

RevolverLink wrote:

Same, I always play through single player first before I jump into the multiplayer mode of a game.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

retired_account

Adam wrote:

I have been waffling between liking and hating the game since its release, primarily due to the controls. Then I joined a friends match and played for four hours straight last night and can't think of playing anything else right now. It is the Smash Bros. of third-person shooters, and the items are thankfully a bit less powerful, at least from what I've noticed.

I like the similarities in the visual design of menus, items, and such between Sakurai's games. Even before you play it you know it's one of his games because it looks just like Smash or Kirby's Air Ride or Meteos, all of which are brilliant,

Told you~

retired_account

Prof_Clayton

Just beat the story mode of the game and loved it! This is my favorite 3ds game so far, and I am currently dominating online play! (except for against DangerousDash3D anyway)
I use beam claws and a palm, forget the name.
SPOILERS:
I thought the ending was the only hard boss battle of the game. (mostly because I kept shooting the wrong colored things though) Did anyone else wish the game's bosses had a better challenge? This is the only thing wrong with this game IMO.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Late

ClaytonLuigi wrote:

Just beat the story mode of the game and loved it! This is my favorite 3ds game so far, and I am currently dominating online play! (except for against DangerousDash3D anyway)
SPOILERS:
I thought the ending was the only hard boss battle of the game. (mostly because I kept shooting the wrong colored things though) Did anyone else wish the game's bosses had a better challenge? This is the only thing wrong with this game IMO.

Bosses were a bit too easy but they can be hard too if you raise your difficulty level. I played with difficulty 5 from 2 chapter to 15 and then raised my intensity to 7 with last 10 chapters. What intensity level were you playing? With 5 or under the bosses are piece of cake but with 7 or higher they can be hard.
Great Reaper killed me 3 times today while trying to do the "Don't go upstairs" achievement, I had my intensity on level 9 as I wanted to also beat it on that intensity at the same time but I had poor weapon choice and had hard time trying to hit the face. I had to wait until he lowers his head a little to finish him but it wasn't all that easy as he jumped all the time.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Prof_Clayton

Late wrote:

ClaytonLuigi wrote:

SPOILERS:

Bosses were a bit too easy but they can be hard too if you raise your difficulty level. I played with difficulty 5 from 2 chapter to 15 and then raised my intensity to 7 with last 10 chapters. What intensity level were you playing? With 5 or under the bosses are piece of cake but with 7 or higher they can be hard.
Great Reaper killed me 3 times today while trying to do the "Don't go upstairs" achievement, I had my intensity on level 9 as I wanted to also beat it on that intensity at the same time but I had poor weapon choice and had hard time trying to hit the face. I had to wait until he lowers his head a little to finish him but it wasn't all that easy as he jumped all the time.

I played 1-15 or so on 7, and then the rest on 6-7. Sometimes I would lose, but the lowest it ever got was to 6. I just rea:ized that after beating the game SPOILERS BEWARE! there is boss mode, so i'm set with the bosses!

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

retired_account

I forged a Phosphora Bow and I absolutely love it. It's a bit weak though... Now to plan another long chain of fusions for a more powerful one. u____u

retired_account

Spoony_Tech

Got my first Kid Icarus street pass today. Super excited to see the weapon gem I got. Load up the game and its a bomber are with a 150 rating......

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Adam

pixelman wrote:

I forged a Phosphora Bow and I absolutely love it. It's a bit weak though... Now to plan another long chain of fusions for a more powerful one. u____u

How would one plan a chain of fusions? I have no idea what to expect until I match them up and see the preview of what's up next. I would love to simply improve or level a couple weapons, but the only way to do so is through fusion, and that always means another weapon type altogether.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic